Options

Posh wants to gag family.....

lulululu Posts: 4,685
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What on earth is that woman on? See here http://www.sky.com/showbiz/article/0,,50001-1155745,00.html

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think posh needs to leave now and never come back!! Leave the limelight and leave us alone!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOML wrote:
    I think posh needs to leave now and never come back!! Leave the limelight and leave us alone!!

I wonder what the weather is up on that lofty perch of hers. She's coming across as some sort of paranoid delusionist.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what does she do if they rip up the paper and tell her to get lost, as I would if I were a member of her family, on principle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote:
    So what does she do if they rip up the paper and tell her to get lost, as I would if I were a member of her family, on principle.

If a member of my family asked me to do that I'd have them sectioned :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TOML wrote:

What does Posh do to 'us'?
  • Options
    iainiain Posts: 63,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TOML wrote:

except that she isn't really in the limelight anyway, apart from the frickin' tabloids always running stories about her.

i'm going to stick my neck out and say i think she gets gar more grief than she deserves - whenever she's been interviewed on tv, she has IMO always come across pretty well, and fairly down to earth.

so she's in the tabloids all the time - thats hardly her hogging the limelight - its the tabloids, and the crazy fools who lap it all up that are the problem.

have i crossed a line?

Iain
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iain wrote:
    so she's in the tabloids all the time - thats hardly her hogging the limelight - its the tabloids, and the crazy fools who lap it all up that are the problem.

have i crossed a line?

Iain

No, but I'm starting to think how well married life suits you ;) .

I agree. The tabloids only print the crap they do because it sells. I would tend to blame the people who buy it more than the people like the Beckhams who get as much grief as benefit from it.

While thinking it sad that she has to tell her family that they can't talk about her, I can't say I blame her. By refusing to dignify the drivel of the tabloids with facts or semi-official comment, she is showing them the contempt that they deserve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mamasan wrote:
    No, but I'm starting to think how well married life suits you ;) .

I agree. The tabloids only print the crap they do because it sells. I would tend to blame the people who buy it more than the people like the Beckhams who get as much grief as benefit from it.

While thinking it sad that she has to tell her family that they can't talk about her, I can't say I blame her. By refusing to dignify the drivel of the tabloids with facts or semi-official comment, she is showing them the contempt that they deserve.

She can't think much of her family or her friends if she wants to slap a 'gagging deal' on them. Likewise, if her friends or family blab to the press then they can't think much of her either.

The Beckhams court publicity and positively revel in it, if it's good. If it's bad the first word out of their mouths is 'lawyer'.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lulu wrote:
    She can't think much of her family or her friends if she wants to slap a 'gagging deal' on them. Likewise, if her friends or family blab to the press then they can't think much of her either.

Or perhaps she just wants to relieve them of any responsibility or feeling that they need to defend her and her family from the vultures of the popular press? I don't know, never met the woman.

She can only start talking "lawsuit" when she can prove that what has been printed is not true or is libellous.
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Boozer wrote:
    What does Posh do to 'us'?

Nothing at all...although I believe she thinks she's a great entertainer and has bought joy to our sad and dreary lives......
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    iain wrote:
    except that she isn't really in the limelight anyway, apart from the frickin' tabloids always running stories about her.

i'm going to stick my neck out and say i think she gets gar more grief than she deserves - whenever she's been interviewed on tv, she has IMO always come across pretty well, and fairly down to earth.

have i crossed a line?

Iain
    What I like about these celebrities who complain about press intrusion, is that they are often the very same people who use the press at every opportunity when it suits them, to progress their career with more money and more exposure, whatever.

Victoria Beckham is just another celebrity hypocrite.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lulu wrote:

The Beckhams court publicity and positively revel in it, if it's good. If it's bad the first word out of their mouths is 'lawyer'.
    She won't have to worry about her so called friends anyway. Most of them are only there for the lig and wil move on to the next 'victim'.

• Options
    Huch'netHuch'net Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    Why don't they just leave her alone? The story's are tiresome. :yawn:

I think this says it all about Sky News and Murdoch's little group.
    Victoria Beckham wants her family and friends [highlight]to sign to sign[/highlight] a "gagging deal" to prevent them from speaking about her.

Ever heard of Spell checker? It deletes repeated words. ;)
  • Options
    Peej KertonPeej Kerton Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posh is gagging her family?
    Is this like when LaToya Jackson had the same surgery as Michael to suggest the problems he had were genetic....
    Surely for her to be protecting her skeletal looks this way is wrong?!?!

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ever heard of Spell checker? It deletes repeated words. ;)
    What's that?

Oh, you mean something people should use before posting on these forums.

It's bad netiquette to pick up on spelling. However, it's up to people to proof read/spell check their posts before submitting.

Sadly, judging by many posters on this site, they are unable to do so.

• Options
    GeegGeeg Posts: 23,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posh is gagging her family?
    Is this like when LaToya Jackson had the same surgery as Michael to suggest the problems he had were genetic....
    Surely for her to be protecting her skeletal looks this way is wrong?!?!

:p

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mamasan wrote:
    Or perhaps she just wants to relieve them of any responsibility or feeling that they need to defend her and her family from the vultures of the popular press? I don't know, never met the woman.

She can only start talking "lawsuit" when she can prove that what has been printed is not true or is libellous.

She can only start 'acting' on a lawsuit when she can prove it, there is nothing to stop her talking about it, as she has been doing over and over since the Loos carry on.
  • Options
    morningmorning Posts: 17,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her family and friends should get together and make her sign a gagging order. This way that talentless and ugly little madam can be sued each time one of the tabloids prints an unwanted story or picture.
  • Options
    iainiain Posts: 63,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jratkinson wrote:
    What's that?

It's bad netiquette to pick up on spelling. However, it's up to people to proof read/spell check their posts before submitting.

close, but not quite. it might be bad netiquette or whatever, but surely its fair game to have a pop at Sky News?

Iain ;)
  • Options
    Huch'netHuch'net Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    jratkinson wrote:
    What's that?

Well, if Sky News can't be bothered to do so, I don't much chance in posters doing it!
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldnt it be a better idea to gag Posh instead :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iain wrote:
    but surely its fair game to have a pop at Sky News?

Iain ;)
    Yeah it is.

Sorry, I've been in the DTT forum too much again, trying to decipher posts (though I believe the people writing these are using the same language).

• Options
    Twinkle ToesTwinkle Toes Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have alot more respect for The Beckhams if David just admitted that he had an affair/affairs. Rebecca Loos doesn't come accross as the type of woman to make something like that up.
  • Options
    Peej KertonPeej Kerton Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She probably did have an affair with him... but lets be totally honest. Who really gives a flying eff?

Its just more sick celebrity obsession.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gagging orders on the family are a bit bizarre. Basically a one-way non-disclosure agreement says "any experience you have which we share belongs to me". Family members could be sued even if they were telling the truth, and would not be able to sue V&D should they lie about it. This is not much short of declaring them your owners.

For an example, V's sister Louise recently gave birth. Unfortunately, Posh was there too. The poor old Dad cannot "publish" to another living soul any photo or video of the event to the extent that it includes Posh, and is not allowed to mention to even his own family that she was there. However, she is entitled to ring up OK magazine and have pictures of the doting auntie taken, and give out full personal details of her view of the event.

Imagine this applying to every family get-together and holiday - it's a complete nightmare, and frankly, you wouldn't want to bother, would you?

Poor old Posh - the truth will always out somehow, anyway....