FTN Jay Leno Confirmation

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh wow... just scrap FTN already, that's all I ever watched on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Guys,

Maybe a petition might help...

www.petitiononline.com

I don't really have the time to manage it, but will be willing to sign it...

Send it to FTN/CNBC/NBC and ask for Jay to be broadcast on a Sky Channel the night after the US get it...

Hope someone can do it

gaffer
  • brooksieladbrooksielad Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Hi guys

I sent my comments to FTN about the lack of Leno, similar response to before.

Online petition sounds good - but keep hitting FTN with the emails Email FTN by clicking here

Hi

Thanks for your e-mail. We are sorry that you are disappointed with the decision to remove Jay Leno from our schedules. We did not do this lightly as we have enjoyed broadcasting the show over the years, but slumping ratings over the past few months have led us to search for more popular shows elsewhere. I will of course pass your comments onto the channel editors.

Best Wishes,
    FTN
  • paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote:
    There was also a British guest on Leno that night. Can't remember who it was though.

Ricky Gervais was on Letterman last night on ITV2 if that is what you meant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ads wrote:
    I'm another person who used to watch Leno on FTN, but never tune in to watch anything else on the channel. In Metro today they had a few pictures of the show broadcast last night in the US which featured all British stars (Jude Law, Ricky Gervaise etc) - would have loved to have watched that!

Jude Law and Ricky Gervais were on LETTERMAN not Leno. On ITV2 last night at about 12.30am.
    Forum Member
    OK All

I have created an online petition (thanks for the URL gaffer)

Its here - make sure you check it out if you are serious and want to see Jay Leno in the UK.

Jay Leno Broadcast to the UK Petition

You will have supply a name and email address to sign, although your email address can be withheld from disclosure which I suspect everyone would choose to do so - which is fine.

See what you think and get involved!
    Forum Member
    Signed. :)

Well done for being the first and a big thank you!

I hope that some of the other posters here will sign along with other members

Get stuck in, just in case you missed the link :D

Sign here Broadcast Jay Leno to the UK

I created a special email account on my web domain to manage the petition - if you have any comments on this Jay Leno petition send them here jayleno@markbrookes.co.uk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've signed it with my DS username

I'll spread the word on AV Forums as well...

Spread the word

gaffer

EDIT: It's in the AV Forums

How long should we wait / how many signatures do we need before we notify NBC/FTN?

gaffer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What would be a killer, though unlikely is that Jay read it out as a "headline" or something on the show...

What's the odds though?

gaffer
    Forum Member
    Hi there

Gaffer thanks for spreading the word.

I'm going to be away for a few days but nevertheless when I return I will try and keep the pace up.

I guess we need a real serious response to get on headlines on Leno.

Prob is - even if it did get coverage - we can't see it! :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I'm glad that someone is talking about this - thanks for putting up the petition brooksielad :) Another signature has been added ;)

I am really disappointed that I cannot see Jay Leno anymore - I used to watch it daily on FTN... :cry: (I don't get any NBC channels)

At one time FTN had it on at 10pm and then repeated it at 1:40am - showing it about 12-14 times a week. Then it piddled down to a single showing around 12:50am, but this was very variable. If they had kept showing it at 10pm I'm sure the ratings would have been greater.

What has always annoyed me is not knowing the date when each programme was filmed - FTN would jumble the sequence up occasionally making topical jokes seem odd. I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to display the air-date at the beginning or something.

Schedulers really annoy me - they make it difficult for even the most enthusiastic fans to watch programmes (Letterman is never on at a decent & regular time). Many of the programmes I've enjoyed watching over the years have been dropped because of this kind of mismanagement.

Let's hope we can make a difference :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're on 7 sigs this morning...

Come on guys...

gaffer
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ricky Gervais was on Letterman last night on ITV2 if that is what you meant.

No. We already said Ricky and Jude were on Letterman. I was saying there was another British guest on Leno the same night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote:
    No. We already said Ricky and Jude were on Letterman. I was saying there was another British guest on Leno the same night.

Have you signed NoEntry2k?

gaffer
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the_gaffer wrote:
    Have you signed NoEntry2k?

gaffer

Im not a big Leno fan, i presfer Letterman and my favourite is Conan. However us US talkshow fans must stick together! I have now signed the petition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot...

pass the word..

gaffer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on 11 now

we need more
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've made a new thread on this board now to raise awareness of the petition.
  • steveowenssteveowens Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    dcarr wrote:
    >Surely it had better ratings that some of the other crap >they show?

It probably cost more, too, though.
    It was literally the only thing I watched on FTN, and usually I watched around 4 times a week.
    Now I don't put FTN on at all.

Dave

FTN is now just another name on my EPG without Jay Leno! It's a non-channel now!!! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveowens wrote:
    FTN is now just another name on my EPG without Jay Leno! It's a non-channel now!!! :(

Well sign it!!!

and continue discussion on the other thread

gaffer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, if some of the other crappier shows are cheaper, ditch them and show more repeats - as long as they have Jay Leno. And get some new episodes of Dilbert - I've seen them all now on Ftn. Why bother showing some of the programmes on there? They must get 0 viewing figures.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I Really Miss Jay Leno, He Is Funnier Than Anyone Else On Tv. The People Who Run Ftn Must Be A Bunch Of Idiots. That Channel Is Total Crap Now. At Least Jay Leno Gave It Some Cred Now They Should Scrap It And Send The Clowns Running It To The Dole Office. Why Ca'nt We Have A Channel Like Sports Channel Nasn With All American Up To Date Content Like The Toinight Show , Good Morning America, Jeopardy, Entertainment Tonight,20,20 And All The Others,maybe The People Who Run Nasn Who Obviously Know How To Run A Tv Channel Might Consider It.
    Forum Member
    Hi guys

Been holiday for a while, at last count had 51 responses, some time wasters which is always nice.

Thanks for those offering support off these boards

For those new to this, or as a reminder you can sign it here

Jay Leno Petition

Lets keep up the good work!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    56 now. :)