Options

Has anyone met a celeb?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 733
Forum Member
✭✭
Has anyone ever met a celebrity? Were they how you expected them to be? Were they down to earth or prima donna-ish? We see every day how celebs are portrayed in the showbiz pages but are they like this talking to real life people like us?
I've met John O'Shea (Man Utd and Ireland footballer) a good few times. He's from my home town and is very good at supporting local charities and turning out for launches of different restaurants, pubs, clubs and cafes. Anytime we meet him, he's always very friendly and never seems to mind stopping for a quick chat.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ant and dec signing one of their singles-ant was ok but dec asked for my friend's number despite having a long term girlfriend at the time :rolleyes:

eddie izzard 3 times-i couldnt tell if he was a bit shy or tired but he was a bit disappointing (lets face it the fact e didnt ask me out was thr worst disappointment of all!)

the crew at channel 4's "the salon" when i got my hair cut there-they were all lovely

pauline quirke and linda robson from "birds of a feather" both nice women

steve coogan-nice-posed for a picture for AGES when my camera was being arsey

stephen fry-not only one of the nicest celebs i've met but one of the nicest people-dream come true

shane from boyzone-big headed idiot-about 20
    girls were around him for his autograph and he elbowed some in the face to get away to his mini van!

thats all i can remember for now.........
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have met the Guitarist from Iron Maiden (Janick Gers). He was on the the Newcastle bound train after seeing his parents (live in Hartlepool). He posed for a few pictures and signed a couple of my friends jackets. Really nice guy.
  • Options
    iainiain Posts: 63,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    met michael palin just last saturday. well, kind of - it was a book signing after a talk. just as nice in real life.

and i've met johnny ball. and shirley manson from garbage.

that could be about it tho'.

Iain
  • Options
    Dr.PhloxDr.Phlox Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Several Ipswich Town footballers, a few West Ham guys (got the guided tour of the changing room on a free corporate piss-up). Plus pr0n star Lou-Lou, Summer from Babestation and a couple of other models. Lily Savage, the Spice Girls (pre-fame at a Radio 1 roadshow) Steve Wright (he took the piss out of my very ugly mate in front of 20,000+ people on a large TV screen!). Supergrass (in Heathrow airport).

My dad and brother have fared slightly better - my bro met Steve Davis, Barry Hearn and some other ball-poker in an airport. Nicky Butt + missus in Portugal, and a few celeb chefs (one of whom was Kylie's and Dannii Minogues cousin - wouldn't let him copy their cell phone numbers down :( )when he was repping for a living. His ex-bosses wife is also a presenter for some home shopping channel.

My Dad played golf with Sir Bobby Robson, again has met large chunks of ITFC past and present as well as other people whose names I forget now in pro-am golf tournaments.

DP
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ant and Dec In there Pj and Duncan stage. Met them 5-6 times. Lovely lads
  • Options
    dalton007dalton007 Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley Eaton (Goldfinger girl in Goldfinger).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have neil buchanan from art attack, i was young at the time.

he aint exactly a celeb tho
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Rod Stewart at the airport in Honululu in Hawaii. He was very nice and a little shy. :)
  • Options
    zelanazelana Posts: 4,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to the same school as Neil Innes and my Mum still has a school Christmas card he designed. He was two years ahead of me.

I was serenaded by one of the Spinners when I was about 19. Met all of them at the time and they were really nice.

I appeared as an extra in Tommy and had my photo taken with Oliver Reed. He was quite a character. Drunk on set!! By contrast Ann-Margret was very quiet. I didn't work on any of the scenes with Roger Daltry :(

I spent 5 weeks in the same hospital ward as Judy Finnegan. She was really nice and down to earth. Her twins were born a few days before my son. Some of her visitors were a bit prima donna-ish though. I think they thought that we should be impressed by their visits.
  • Options
    Dr.PhloxDr.Phlox Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeh, forgot to mention, went to High School with Dani Filth from Cradle Of Filth...

DP
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr.Phlox wrote:
    Several Ipswich Town footballers,

My Dad played golf with Sir Bobby Robson, again has met large chunks of ITFC past

My Mum used to work in the Directors lounge at Portman Road. I have a photo of her holding the FA Cup. Those were the days.
    Sir Bobby Robson is a lovely man and not at all pretentious.

I went to the same school as Nik Kershaw. :eek:
  • Options
    GoldilocksGoldilocks Posts: 7,349
    Forum Member
    I went to school with Ronan Keating (if that counts). Then for a few summers I worked in this super expensive posh jewellers and met loads. The Spice Girls were in (muppets each and every one), Charlene Spitteri(sp) from Texas, Dermot Morgan from Father Ted (before he died), Bono and the Edge from U2 and not too sure if you lot across the water will know these: Tony O'Reilly (huge business man in Ireland up there with PJ McManus and John Magnier) his daughter in law Robin O'Reilly she played Elsa the blonde Nazi in Indiana Jones in The Last Crusade
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catherine zeta's jones mum and dad met but not celebrities they live near me in a million pound property.
  • Options
    emzy.c.emzy.c. Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met Wolf from Gladiators and I know Jonathan from G4 (The X Factor).
    Erm...my nan used to be engaged to Dave Allen (comedian) and she was a red coat and was mates with Des O'Connor, June Whitfield and Petula Clark.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,306
    Forum Member
    i went ice skating with Bob geldof once...... :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i met loads of celebs lol...

I know Jonny Wilkes, a family friend of a family friend, he's a lovely guy!

I was stood next to Brandy a few weeks ago.. I wouldn't call that meeting though...

All the popbands that were at their peak at the beginning of the decade I've met more or less :)
  • Options
    J105J105 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well i took my son to see a Panto last year and i met Goldilocks :p
    Ben Hull (ex hollyoaks) walked passed me in Stevenage Shopping Centre last year. :)
    Beat that!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Roy Castle (he signed a balloon for me!). Also met the band Cast a few times. :) Roy was really friendly, and the Cast lads are really nice guys.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goldilocks wrote:
    Dermot Morgan from Father Ted (before he died)[/QUOTE]

LOL. Thanks for clarifying that for the brain dead amongst us ;)

Sorry Goldilocks, I've a dark sense of humour and momentarily had a vision of you 'posing' for a photo next to the deceased :D . God, I really shouldn't find these sort of thing funny, still - bless you for making me laugh!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Ralph Fiennes. He was nice but very quiet and shy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well i live in newcastle and i've met quite a few geordie celebs and they were all really canny :)
    Booby robson- hes a legend and hes such a nice guy
    Ant and dec - really funny.just like they appear on tv.
    Jonny and michelle from big brother- both really nice , espec michelle who soo much prettier in real life.
    Cheryl tweedy- shes tiny but very pretty, She actually seemed really quiet when i met her.
    Jayne middlemiss - really friendly

Oh and ive met dj trevor nelson and also chesney hawkes at a ball
    And fed and bubble from big brother. Bubble was nice but fed came across as a little arrogant in my opinion!!

Ithink thats it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Code Y wrote:
    Goldilocks wrote:
    Dermot Morgan from Father Ted (before he died)[/QUOTE]

LOL. Thanks for clarifying that for the brain dead amongst us ;)

Sorry Goldilocks, I've a dark sense of humour and momentarily had a vision of you 'posing' for a photo next to the deceased :D . God, I really shouldn't find these sort of thing funny, still - bless you for making me laugh!

Glad it's not just me then! You saved me the trouble of posting the same thing :D

I've met Michael Aspel - really lovely, laid back and friendly bloke, lots of the Arsenal footballers from the 70s (used to drink in the same pub) plus Pat Rice and Sammy Nelson used to come in the filling station for petrol that I worked in :o Also met Paul Daniels (I worked in the same business as his brother) Harry Stoneham (used to be on Parky)
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    I shook hands with Samuel L. Jackson. Very boney fingers!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noel from Oasis in the days when he was still married to that blonde bimbo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I met John Leslie when I was six and he was a blue peter presenter. Also met Hanson when they played at Wembley years ago, and last year i met the punk band less than jake twice. They were all really nice. But i'm really upset that after nearly 3 years of living in newcastle, i still havent run into ant and dec!