Options

New FTV card has arrived...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
Forum Member
When you order a card, you are not asked for any box details.

I received my card this morning and it says and I quote:

"Activating your viewing card

Once your box has been installed, you can insert your viewing card - with the arrow facing up - in the slot marked Sky Viewing Card and leave it there with the box turned on.

After around 20 minutes your card should be activated. Please check that it's working and that you can access all your chosen channels.

If this still hasn't happened after two hours, please contact Customer Services. You can find the number printed on the reverse of your Viewing Card."

The telephone number on the card is 0870 850 0033

The card itself looks like a standard "yellow house" card.

More info in the Terms and Conditions:

"For security reasons your Viewing card may be replaced from time to time after it has first been enabled to receive Free to View Channels (normally when it is first used in the Box). If we replace Viewing Cards within 5 years(if you have paid £150) or 3 years (if you have paid £20) of your card's first enablement, then a replacement Viewing Card will be provided to you free of charge, provided you have complied with these Conditions. If we replace Viewing Cards after that period, you will need to purchase a new one by paying our then applicable charge (which shall not be more than £20)."

"Do I have to connect my Box to a phone line?

No. However, as part of a standard installation we will try to connect your Box to a working telephone line to enable you to make full use of the interactive services available on the digital satellite platform....etc"

Thanks

Gavin

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Once activated try it in a mates box

Does it say on ITV,Ch4,Ch5,ITV2

"This card does not belong to this box" etc

I am sure we ALL want to know....... ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All -1

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All -1

:)

All -2
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you reading rupert's mate? Are you reading rutter? The cards have thus far not been tied, I dont see them doing it in future, given they have guaranteed the card for 5 years, and don't want their time wasted by non-subscribers wanting to pair the card to a new box.
  • Options
    davesulldavesull Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And why do you insist on including ITV2 in all of this? It's been said ad nauseum that ITV2 wouldn't be included in the scheme.
  • Options
    maccymaccy Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    How many FTV cards can be registered to one address? Or is it unlimited?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    How do you get hold of one of these FTV cards? my mum phoned the number thats in the Telephone numbers section of the SkyGuide earlier on, but got a message saying free to view cards are no longer available.

Im sure I heard somewhere that the FTV card was a one off payment of £20, i take it im way off now though.
  • Options
    davesulldavesull Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ring 0870 606 1111. Give your name and address, pay £20. Wait for the postman.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    cheers, davesull
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i included ITV2 in the request as that DOES register when its in the wrong box for a sub,ex-sub and earlier 'freeview' type cards :)

So tell me does it work in a different box after its been 'activated' in its first home??

This is not a trick question just a simple excercise which adds to the knowledge base.

5 years - read earlier bumpf dumpkoff its 2 years for card alone. This is all meaning that it is essentially the same card as at present and they intend to issue new cards near the end of next year with the big turn off coming approximately 1 year later. Just like last time.

BTW i spoke to the number and some of what they say is as you put it here BS AS i was told (not by my mate) that it was 3 years from initialization !!?? But then she did say the package included 226 channels ??!! and they included cbbc cbeebies which is a large fib by them as its free anyway without a rupert dining card.

Come on tells us what you know....

Oh by the way i am rupert the bears mate LOL LOL LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    matey rang em up 4 is the limit
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Order a card - read the little booklet that comes with it and then decide if it is BS... :rolleyes:

What I posted is EXACTLY what is in the booklet.

Thanks

Gavin
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oops!

3 years it is then

so
    end 2006 new cards out
    end 2007 'yellow house'cards off

so its 3 more years for for foreign chummys unless......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yes of course these could be NEW Phase 3 cards with a timer 'fitted'

In the past old and new cards work untill the encryption stream drops the old card. These could possibly be a early release of the new card??

That would be the only way sky could release the new card without having to change them when the 'others' ie sub are turned off.

In the anabog days the longest time between card issues was about 2 years. the digital cards weren't changed out completely for about 4 years-and they tried to keep it quiet for months before the 998/999 channel told you what they were doing. Since the press called it a 'modified' sky card it makes you wonder.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    It has been some speculation about the inclusion of TCM in FreeSat. Could anybody confirm this. Thanks
  • Options
    Shelley FabaresShelley Fabares Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Once activated try it in a mates box

I am sure we ALL want to know....... "

davesull wrote:
    And why do you insist on including ITV2 in all of this? It's been said ad nauseum that ITV2 wouldn't be included in the scheme.

Because Rupert's mate is posting on here under dozens of different names,simply to waste the time of the regulars.
  • Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    joanma666 wrote:
    It has been some speculation about the inclusion of TCM in FreeSat. Could anybody confirm this. Thanks
    TCM is a subscription channel now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    there are obviously a lot of new peeps who could contribute and you insist i am logging on with different names well thats bollox ok now get off your high horse and try understanding what people are asking.

Now has anyone tried the new FTV card in a friends box after initial activation in theirs??

And what does ITV2 show in both boxes??

ITV2 was the channel that switched from ftv to sub and shows only in a matched sub box but is a good simple indicator of whether matching has taken place between a card and box.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you have to do is read the "ex sub card switch off imminent" thread to see the BS he/she spouts. All speculation no substance. And now that he/she has been found out blatant plain insults to ordinary users (such as myself and shelly) is the only way forward for such a user who offers nothing to this thread, nor this entire forum, nor the world of DS. If DS was a world of BS, maybe we could find he/she a place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    stop squabbling & get back to the thread topic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now has anyone tried the new FTV card in a friends box after initial activation in theirs??

And what does ITV2 show in both boxes??

ITV2 was the channel that switched from ftv to sub and shows only in a matched sub box but is a good simple indicator of whether matching has taken place between a card and box.

simple question just needs a simple answer. Prefereably from more than one person and preferably not from shelly or jfman.