Options

Is this legal, or just a big con?

DonkeyDonkey Posts: 892
Forum Member
✭✭
Have a look at this link

http://www.speedydelivery.co.uk/free-sky-tv/

supposedly offering free Sky TV for a one off payment of £4.95.

I realise that if it is illegal it should not be mentioned here, but I suspect it is just a big con.

Has anyone heard this one before?

Moderators: If you feel that this thread is breaking the terms and conditions of the site, please remove immediately and accept my apologies. However, I am sure that someone from Sky TV probably monitors this site regularly and I am happy to do my bit to stop illegal activities.

Comments

• Options
    BexTechBexTech Posts: 12,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a big con.
  • Options
    chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    On the picture on the site, is a Phillips (i think) Freeview box, so must be a con.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    I think thats just like all these on eBay:
    http://search.ebay.co.uk/Sky-TV_W0QQsoloctogZ9
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Total SCAM! SCAM ALERT! Beware of sites like this!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total SCAM! SCAM ALERT! Beware of sites like this!

Yeah, but what is says is true and you can view all of the channels on your computer legally (if it was a USB or PCI satellite kit).

Top of The Pops - Free to Air

Sky News - Free to Air

Adult TV - Free to Air (more likely to be Astra 1 / Hotbird)

Formula 1 - Free to Air (RTL)

Prem. Football - Free to Air (Some times on D:SF or feeds).

If it is just rebroadcasting a load of Sky subs then yes it's a con and illegal, but I get all the content they advertise for nowt on my computer, admittidly not all on Sky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Becker wrote:
    Yeah, but what is says is true and you can view all of the channels on your computer legally (if it was a USB or PCI satellite kit).

Top of The Pops - Free to Air

Sky News - Free to Air

Adult TV - Free to Air (more likely to be Astra 1 / Hotbird)

Formula 1 - Free to Air (RTL)

Prem. Football - Free to Air (Some times on D:SF or feeds).

If it is just rebroadcasting a load of Sky subs then yes it's a con and illegal, but I get all the content they advertise for nowt on my computer, admittidly not all on Sky.
    Yes, but the picture that they are showing on the site implies that you do not even need a dish. Even with a TV card it would need to be plugged into an arial
  • Options
    BexTechBexTech Posts: 12,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, they imply because it's a scam. They want you to be sucked in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the entire site is a con. I have ordered a car charger for my phone and that came as advertised, the correct money taken and the charger does the job.:confused: Perhaps there are lots of subsideries within the same company.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Donkey wrote:
    Yes, but the picture that they are showing on the site implies that you do not even need a dish. Even with a TV card it would need to be plugged into an arial

no you dont, some TV channels have a web-broadcast...no arial needed.
  • Options
    ozsatozsat Posts: 5,747
    Forum Member
    I remember the adverts which offered free access to Sky channels for a one-off £30 payment.

What you got was a pirate card worth about £5 which either gave access for a month to the Sky channels on Scandinavian satellites or (later) ONdigital.
  • Options
    CorinCorin Posts: 7,224
    Forum Member
    Instead of salivating over pictures, why do people not just read what it says on these E-Bay sales?

N.B. THESE TRANSMISSIONS ARE NOT TV BUT 100% LEGAL WEB STREAMS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET. THEREFORE THESE ARE NOT TV TRANSMISSIONS AND YOU DO NOT EVEN NEED A TV, JUST A PC, A MONITOR AND AN INTERNET CONNECTION

Anybody with any intelligence should be able to comprehend that you do not need to buy this product in order to receive these web streams bu to just visit a site such as

<http://mediahopper.COM/portal.htm>

or

<http://www.comfm.COM/live/tv/>