Options

Strictly Dance Fever

Huch'netHuch'net Posts: 5,981
Forum Member
http://www.brandrepublic.com/mediabulletin/news_story.cfm?articleID=224260&Origin=MB08102004

Graham Norton is to front a new BBC One show, 'Strictly Dance Fever', following the success of 'Strictly Come Dancing', which will see the public vote for who stays on the dance floor.
The BBC says that salsa, swing and the lambada will be the order of the day and the competition will follow 10 couples from embarrassing auditions through to their final glitzy performance. All the couples will be trained by professionals to competition standard before they dance to a different discipline every week.

The series, due to air in 2005, builds on the huge success of 'Strictly Come Dancing', which was resuscitated by presenters Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly to tap in to the current wave of interest in amateur dancing.

The winning couple will waltz away with a £50,000 prize and the coveted Strictly Dance Fever trophy.

What do you think of this? Graham Norton irritates me but I can see it working, anyone going to apply? lol!

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    What did everyone think of the mention it got at the end of the programme? I thought it had a good logo!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huch'net wrote:
    What did everyone think of the mention it got at the end of the programme? I thought it had a good logo!

I think the logo font type is quite like Fame Academy, white lettering with a pink outline border, anyone else see that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here is the logo and information by the way

http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlydancefever/

compared to Fame Academy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fameacademy/

It's quite similar! I wonder when the show starts, maybe after Celeb Fame Academy?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huch'net wrote:
    Here is the logo and information by the way

http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlydancefever/

compared to Fame Academy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fameacademy/

It's quite similar! I wonder when the show starts, maybe after Celeb Fame Academy?

I could very well be lined up to debut on the first week of March when Comic Relief does Fame Academy will be on for that one Saturday night of its week long run. But between then and now what is BBC One gonna do for Saturday nights apart from Jet Set and Casualty from Jan 2005 what other live entertainment is gonna be on offer until the later stages of [presuming that weeks of auditions are screened before the studio shows] Strictly Dance Fever and Celeb FA are on?
    The sooner its on screen the better instead of more Test your Pet!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think they've anything to put out on a Saturday night...! Don't know if you remember that programme earlier this year - Passport to Paradise, well I never watched it but it's been axed! SCD is the only Saturday night programme they have that does their Saturday schedule any justice. Maybe Dr Who will be on Saturdays? I think it used to be, years ago! I can see SDF coming around March, I suppose they have to give the format a bit of a break.. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just found out - Strictly Dance Fever will be aired for eight weeks, April & May next year..quite a wait! :(
  • Options
    dirtydandirtydan Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the BBC website it says that the studio shows will start in April to May, with the audition shows being shown beforehand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,668
    Forum Member
    Huchnet: how do you KNOW SO MUCH??????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PeachUK wrote:
    Huchnet: how do you KNOW SO MUCH??????

Lol, you have to do your research! ;)
    Best place I find for the latest news is actually Google.

Give this a try,
    http://news.google.co.uk/nwshp?hl=en&gl=uk

Just type 'strictly come dancing' or another subject and you get the latest news! You can also re-arrange it by date which is helpful. :):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,668
    Forum Member
    hehe ok... I thought you had some kind of secret connection to SCD! Google will do I suppose :)
    I'm from the North East too. (sorry just noticed on your location).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PeachUK wrote:
    hehe ok... I thought you had some kind of secret connection to SCD! Google will do I suppose :)
    I'm from the North East too. (sorry just noticed on your location).

Lol, that's what I thought! I wish! Even if I was, I wouldn't admit to it, it would look like I'm giving it extra promotion here! But I'm not..!!! ;):D

I only just added North East, so no problem!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I wanted to apply, but as far as I can find out you have to have a camcorder to enter. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah me too....would have liked to know more about the set up of it as well before I applied! Maybe next time (if there is a next time!!)

Nat
    xxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    the FAQ section is quite useful. you can apply without a camcorder too.

i'd apply but you have to relocate to London for about two months which i don't know if i could do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There have been trailers for this for a week or so now, it starts next Saturday from 5:55pm - 7:00pm.

Anyone watching?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Graham Norton will be on Richard & Judy tomorrow to talk about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hello, does any body know when the next series is, i really love this shows
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry it's been cancelled :(
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As Dance X has been less than a huge success, maybe they'll consider bringing it back -

I LOVED SDF! :D:D:D