Options

Email Response from channel 5 re sunset beach

anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, i know several fellow sb fans have asked me to let them know what channel 5's response was to the email i sent to them last week. I have got a reply today, so below is my email to them and there reply,

lets just hope the show does well and they decide to buy years 2 and 3
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

hello, i have an enquiry with regards to Sunset Beach which is currently on channel 5.

I was wondering if you can advise :

1. If channel 5 has decided to buy the 2nd and 3rd year of the show, as i have been advised previously that only the rights to re show year 1 have been purchased

2. if there are any plans to show any omnibus editions of the show, as previous emails have implied that it would depend on how well the ratings went

3. if the fact that channel 5 has bought Trisha, will have an effect on the times SB will be schedualed later down the line.

Regards

Annette

And Channel 5's response was

Dear Annette

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding Sunset Beach.

Please allow us to apologise for the delay in responding, we have had an unusually large number of e-mails recently, which has caused a backlog.

We have obtained the rights to repeat the first series of the programme. We will make a decision on whether to buy further episodes depending on how these episodes perform in the schedule.

We will not be screening an omnibus edition to the programme; this is because we have only bought the rights to one transmission of each episode, which rules out any omnibus edition.

Trisha Goddard’s new programme has not even been produced yet, so we possibly could not make any comment on where in the schedule it will go.

Thank you for your interest in Five.

Yours sincerely

VIEWER ADVISOR

Comments

• Options
    SafraSafra Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Thanks. Thats just like the email they sent me a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no problem, i know a few people on here wanted me to let them know what the reply wa when i received it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we can presume it will be shown at some stage but when is anyones guess?

Does anyone know, is it possible to buy on DVD?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who knows, it has taken years to get a channel to buy the show again, i am praying they decide to buy the 2nd and 3rd year, but as there email shows, it depends on how well the show does. I am just hoping that the same does not happen as when ITV2 bought some of the episodes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hazel wrote:
    So we can presume it will be shown at some stage but when is anyones guess?

Does anyone know, is it possible to buy on DVD?

e-bay had some SB box sets, I'm not sure whether they are videos or DVDs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you anna42hmr for posting your reply from channel 5.

I think we should bombard channel 5 with e-mails supporting SB.

What does everyone else think?

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, everyone should, then they will know SB has a big fan base!
  • Options
    motor mouthmotor mouth Posts: 4,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats the only reason it came back on air. We only get what we want by bombarding them by eamials but I think we should do it nearer the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hopefully if we leave it a few months, they may have decided by then on wether they do get the later years, i think it is possibly a bit early now as there email they sent me indicates they will wait a while before making any desicions.

Another idea that we could use closer to the time is one of those online petitions and send it to channel 5.

In the meantime i think that all the fans can do is support the show and try and promote it if they can to get new viewers, (ie in off topic sections of other forum boards/email groups etc, letters to soap magazines,) hopefully if 5 keep it on over christmas/new year that may get more people watching it for the first time if they are not at work/school/college etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yea thats a good point about Christmas. I only started watching it the first time because i was flicking through the channels and caught the omnibus on a saturday and i have been hooked ever since :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was the same, i started watching it when i was at uni, as i found it by accident one morning when i skipped a lecture! It is a shame they are not doing a omnibus this time around as i think that would get more veiwers to watch it the 1st time.

I think it is a shame that they only started showing it in the 1st week in september as i am sure that there would have been a few veiwers that may have started watching in the summer holiday season

i suppose that fans will have to spread the word that it is on to get people to watch it that did not before