View the Band Aid 20 Video Here...

gmack2000gmack2000 Posts: 198
Forum Member
You can view the Band Aid 20 Video here...

Band Aid 20 Video (Quicktime required, size - 24.9mb)

or listen to it here:

Listen to Band Aid 20 (Realplayer required, size - 5.3mb)

Comments

• LemonadeLemonade Posts: 4,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not better then the orignal.
  • motor mouthmotor mouth Posts: 4,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not one of those 'artists' compares to anyone in the original - except all those that were in the original too...

I cant believe Busted, Sugababes, Dizzy, Natasha Bedingfield, Daniel Bedingfield and Rachel Stevens were even allowed in the room let alone near the mic.

They should have just re-released the original.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said that before even watching the video or hearing this version for the first time.

I'd like ot say I hugely overestimated it.

Thats the biggest pile of poop ive ever seen and probably the worst cover version ever.

Dido's vocals were awful, Sugababes vocals were awful, Justin Hawkins vocals were awful. The music is awful and don't even get me started on Dizzy's little contribution.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    If they where going to do this then...............

R E C O R D A N E W S O N G ! ! ! !

even my kids have herd of do they know it's xmas

Yeah we know it's in a good cause, but at least give US something a

NEW SONG would have been nice :)

3/10 for trying
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    The difference also with the original is that even though they were all huge stars at the time they were all moved to do the song without exception.

This lot just seem so uncomfortable together and I don't know who half of them are. Or care. Don't wish to diss them but not quite sure of some of their motives or maybe I know only too well.............
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First of all, the old song will be on the single, so in a way they are re-releasing it.
    I think you've missed the point, all of you - it seems to me, the people who like this version are generally younger people, who aren't familiar with the old version.
    This version features many popular artists these days. If a load of teenagers can get crap like Busted to No 1 - then it's definately worth appealing to them - the aim is to make as much money as possible for charity.
  • Big_Bro_ManBig_Bro_Man Posts: 3,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But everyone has heard the original anyway? It's part of most compilations, and played ad-nauseum on the radio at Christmas time.

An attack on this abismal track is not an attack on the cause. I find the original a little more haunting.... more festive sounding, and the singers go better together - rather than the patchwork quilt of this modern song.

I mean we have... some rap, a little electric guitar, smooth lyrics from Dido; I mean it's not a diverse sound of todays music it's a rabble!

I'll buy the CD, only because they original is on.

As an addition, I am quite angry they have made it so poor. It's going to deter people from buying the CD in the first instance, making it less beneficial to the charity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Many of the stars on the original were pretty lame too....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Instead of ramming this dross and Band Aid crap down our neck. Why don't these mega rich stars who are so upset about starving people in a country they've never heard of before now donate some of their fortune to feed them instead of begging us poor folk to part with our cash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Instead of ramming this dross and Band Aid crap down our neck. Why don't these mega rich stars who are so upset about starving people in a country they've never heard of before now donate some of their fortune to feed them instead of begging us poor folk to part with our cash.
    Who says they haven't?
  • SwipeSwipe Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    How the hell did Bono manage to murder his own line?
  • biddybiddy Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    What happened to Band Aid 2? Has it been deleted from the archives?

I would have liked the single to have contained all three versions. That way at least you can compare the two truely awful versions together.
  • DanielWhitDanielWhit Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swipe wrote:
    How the hell did Bono manage to murder his own line?

I don't want to have a go but since when has "But tonight thank god it's them instead of you" been his line.

And your right about that line. Why the hell did Sir. Bob Geldof get Bono over to sing it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Band Aid 2 was worse than the new version. Cliff Richard sings 'tonight thank god it's them instead of you.'

The trouble with 'Do they know its Xmas' is it's one of those songs that could never be covered and be as good as the original. People have grown up listening to the original and it is a classic. It was also a great celebration of it's time, a generation coming together to raise money for something that was a big news topic at the time. The sound of the song was haunting with the chimes and the arrangement was just a lot better.

Unlike the original, half the artists on the new version (Natasha Bedingfield, DJ watsit etc) will be unheard of in 20 years time. The new version just doesn't feel the same, it's too different. It's too grungy and the base sounds tinny and there's no xmas feel to it. If they wanted to do something special, they should've done a completely different song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll buy the CD, only because they original is on.
    Is the original on there? If it is i'm definatly buying it, the new songs alright i think, but the old ones definatly better. Does anyone know how much it'll be aswell?

Cheers, Rhys
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    all three versions are abysmal with the latest one so overproduced i'm surprised it wasn't on Let It Be or Be Here Now.

ud think with so much 'talent' on show they'd come up with something better. Shame on u thom yorke for taking part in this ego boosting nonsense. On the day it comes out steal a cd ull actually enjoy from a shop and go and put the money it would cost in a charidee box.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the original on there? If it is i'm definatly buying it, the new songs alright i think, but the old ones definatly better. Does anyone know how much it'll be aswell?

Cheers, Rhys
    According to Amazon, it'll be £3.99 and have three tracks:
    1. Do They Know It's Christmas? (Band Aid 20)
    2. Do They Know It's Christmas? (Band Aid 1984)
    3. Do They Know It's Christmas? (Live at Live Aid '85)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pingu wrote:
    First of all, the old song will be on the single, so in a way they are re-releasing it.
    I think you've missed the point, all of you - it seems to me, the people who like this version are generally younger people, who aren't familiar with the old version.
    This version features many popular artists these days. If a load of teenagers can get crap like Busted to No 1 - then it's definately worth appealing to them - the aim is to make as much money as possible for charity.

What by not appealing to adults?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What by not appealing to adults?
    But it's clear that adults aren't the 'driving' force in single sales - just take a look at the chart ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pingu wrote:
    But it's clear that adults aren't the 'driving' force in single sales - just take a look at the chart ;)

Perhaps that's because adults buy albums rather than singles.

But when it comes to charity, adults are obviously the biggest contributors. You're not going to tell me that they should have had Steps singing Candle In The Wind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pingu wrote:
    According to Amazon, it'll be £3.99 and have three tracks:
    1. Do They Know It's Christmas? (Band Aid 20)
    2. Do They Know It's Christmas? (Band Aid 1984)
    3. Do They Know It's Christmas? (Live at Live Aid '85)
    Ta Pingu :)