Options

Victoria Beckham

Comments

• Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    i hope they sue her for every penny she has. She should be ashamed of herself. Those kids obviously meant nothing to her otherwise she wouldn't have put them through this.

She has said nothing nasty about the children. All she has done is tell the truth ( well I believe her :D ) Being able to to tell the world about matters which are in the public interest, is surely a perk of the job when you work for that pair. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote:
    She has said nothing nasty about the children. All she has done is tell the truth ( well I believe her :D ) Being able to to tell the world about matters which are in the public interest, is surely a perk of the job when you work for that pair. :cool:

But I don't see how it is in the public interest. It has no bearing on my life.*

As for it being a perk of the job - she signed a confidentiality agreement! She was employed for the wellbeing of their children, which is surely compromised by her splashing her story all over the press.

*Yes, I know I'm posting about this, but it's a point of view, not because it has any implications for my life, how I live, what decisions I make - other than the fact that I will never hire a nanny, or even consider doing so. Actually, ignore what I've said about it not being in the public interest, this woman's done me a favour! I won't ever employ a nanny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    LadyKnight wrote:
    I'm sure you can get the News of the World in Spain. But how many people that do get it tell their children who happen to know the Beckhams kids?

They don't have to tell their children directly, if they are discussing it with another adult its not unfathomable that children will overhear and whats to stop these kids from using that information to tease Brooklyn or to pass along information just because they know it. Kids tend to overshare quite a bit.
    I don't know where little Brooklyn goes to school or hangs out - but surely children that young don't have major discussions about what the papers say their parents are up to?

True, but when you are on a school playground you usually find a mix of kids not all the same ages. I don't imagine these kids would have a discussion on the nannny revelations in a way adults would but its easy to imagine some older kid using it as a way to tease him. Its no different than the kids who according to his dad go up to him and ask to trade David Beckham stickers for something else or to tell him how much they want to be like David Beckham.
    SULLA wrote:
    Being able to to tell the world about matters which are in the public interest, is surely a perk of the job when you work for that pair.

Whether what she says is true or not, is that information really "public interest" though? Certainly it is of interest to some members of the public but it is not public interest. It satisfies the public's appetite for gossip nothing more. How does the state of the Beckham marriage affect anyone who is not a member of the Beckham family in the way real public interest stories like the election or the war in Iraq does?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Realmad wrote:

Whether what she says is true or not, is that information really "public interest" though? Certainly it is of interest to some members of the public but it is not public interest. It satisfies the public's appetite for gossip nothing more. How does the state of the Beckham marriage affect anyone who is not a member of the Beckham family in the way real public interest stories like the election or the war in Iraq does?

It is in the public interest because , like you say, the public are interested in it. The Judge stated it was in the public interest. If the public were not interested the NOW would not have printed it. AND we would not be talking about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Amazing that the British public are transfixed by the anasthetic antics of this cartoon couple. He has the mentality of a 12 year old, and has been accidently shot to fame and fortune because of a talent for kicking a ball around a field whilst having the ability to model in a similar way to Hansel (he's so hot right now), he looks great but any interview unfortunately reveals his true learning difficulties (what adult would say on national television ('yea, I do rispect wimin, uverwise me mum wood kum rand an beet me up'). SHE the ex spice girl who is of similar luck and intelligence. The fact that the British public spend time watching these nitwits and TV shows like Big Brother, then voting Labour is quite beyond me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Tom and Jerry is also in the public interest, also The Clangers I suppose, both more interesting than this pair of working class schneliselmeisters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote:
    It is in the public interest because , like you say, the public are interested in it. The Judge stated it was in the public interest. If the public were not interested the NOW would not have printed it. AND we would not be talking about it.

That doesn't make it a public interest story though. I'm not saying the public are not interested, I'm saying it is not in the publics interest. "In the public interest" and "interest by the public" are two very different things. A public interest story must have some sort of effect on the public like a war, health care, or a pandemic would. While people may be interested in what goes on in the Beckham's life it does not affect their lives, hence it is not in the public interest. Name one way the Beckham's marriage affects your day to day life (aside from the water cooler conversation it generates). That judge was an idiot.

Now that the nannys ex-friend has spilled the beans on her life to the Mirror, maybe she'll get a little dose of her own medicine. Lets see how much she likes the public interest in her private life.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    megalaser wrote:
    Amazing that the British public are transfixed by the anasthetic antics of this cartoon couple. He has the mentality of a 12 year old, and has been accidently shot to fame and fortune because of a talent for kicking a ball around a field whilst having the ability to model in a similar way to Hansel (he's so hot right now), he looks great but any interview unfortunately reveals his true learning difficulties (what adult would say on national television ('yea, I do rispect wimin, uverwise me mum wood kum rand an beet me up'). SHE the ex spice girl who is of similar luck and intelligence. The fact that the British public spend time watching these nitwits and TV shows like Big Brother, then voting Labour is quite beyond me.
    A person should never be judged on their intelligence, having a low intelligence does not mean you are a bad person.
  • Options
    TinkerbellaTinkerbella Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    megalaser wrote:

I was in full agreement with your post. Until the final sentence! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    HellBoyHellBoy Posts: 5,354
    Forum Member
    Realmad wrote:
    That doesn't make it a public interest story though. I'm not saying the public are not interested, I'm saying it is not in the publics interest. "In the public interest" and "interest by the public" are two very different things. A public interest story must have some sort of effect on the public like a war, health care, or a pandemic would. While people may be interested in what goes on in the Beckham's life it does not affect their lives, hence it is not in the public interest. Name one way the Beckham's marriage affects your day to day life (aside from the water cooler conversation it generates). That judge was an idiot.

Now that the nannys ex-friend has spilled the beans on her life to the Mirror, maybe she'll get a little dose of her own medicine. Lets see how much she likes the public interest in her private life.

agree with you 100%

that judge is a joke!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nothing the Beckhams do is in my interest at all, the only good thing I see about them is the friendship they have with the little girl from the Hospice and the fact that they keep in touch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I admit to not being a fan of the Beckhams. That said, I'm not a fan of people selling their souls to the press to make a quick buck (as in the ex-nanny).

However, as much as I can't see how anyone's personal life is 'in the public interest', what we have to remember is that the Beckhams have made millions out of their family life being 'in the public interest'. There are some famous couples/families I would totally agree have no right to have their personal life dragged through the tabloids. Couples who never seek the publicity, good or bad. It still remains harder for me to accept this argument with The Beckhams, as they still seem very happy to have all the 'good' points of their relationship leaked to the press but are up in arms about any negative aspects. Sorry, but you really can't have it both ways.

The Beckhams seem very happy about having certain intimate details of their love life 'leaked' ie. David had rose petals scattered all over their bed in Paris recently. And Victoria has always been very happy to confess what an 'animal' David is in bed. They were also both very happy to pose in various kinky poses for an Italian rag a couple of years ago to reinforce this point. Personally, I would imagine their sons would grow up to be very embarrased by this (I know my kids would be!!)

How strange that during her pregnancy, Victoria practically disappeared from public viewing. Now, since the latest scandal has hit the tabloids and she's back to being a size 6, everyday there are a flurry of photos of her (mainly with Romeo and off to buy David yet another diamond).

Maybe The Beckhams are over their recent 'rough patch', but IMO, they're also back to their old tricks of working the press for positive publicity too. It really is the same old pattern, over and over again.

I simply post my observations on The Beckhams here. I do still believe that in general, interest in them is on the wane. How much more drivel can we listen to from both sides? I hope David continues to be a successful footballer and Victoria eventually finds something in the entertainment industry to excell at. Until then, I hope they both remain out of the public viewing to sort their lives out. ;)
  • Options
    Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
    Forum Member
    OK I'm going to be very shalllow here but I do kind of like the orange skirt - how long did it take her stylists to sort THAT one out :rolleyes: Orange being a happy, sunny colour...showing she is a happy, sunny person :D
  • Options
    HellBoyHellBoy Posts: 5,354
    Forum Member
    I admit to not being a fan of the Beckhams. That said, I'm not a fan of people selling their souls to the press to make a quick buck (as in the ex-nanny).

However, as much as I can't see how anyone's personal life is 'in the public interest', what we have to remember is that the Beckhams have made millions out of their family life being 'in the public interest'. There are some famous couples/families I would totally agree have no right to have their personal life dragged through the tabloids. Couples who never seek the publicity, good or bad. It still remains harder for me to accept this argument with The Beckhams, as they still seem very happy to have all the 'good' points of their relationship leaked to the press but are up in arms about any negative aspects. Sorry, but you really can't have it both ways.

The Beckhams seem very happy about having certain intimate details of their love life 'leaked' ie. David had rose petals scattered all over their bed in Paris recently. And Victoria has always been very happy to confess what an 'animal' David is in bed. They were also both very happy to pose in various kinky poses for an Italian rag a couple of years ago to reinforce this point. Personally, I would imagine their sons would grow up to be very embarrased by this (I know my kids would be!!)

How strange that during her pregnancy, Victoria practically disappeared from public viewing. Now, since the latest scandal has hit the tabloids and she's back to being a size 6, everyday there are a flurry of photos of her (mainly with Romeo and off to buy David yet another diamond).

Maybe The Beckhams are over their recent 'rough patch', but IMO, they're also back to their old tricks of working the press for positive publicity too. It really is the same old pattern, over and over again.

I simply post my observations on The Beckhams here. I do still believe that in general, interest in them is on the wane. How much more drivel can we listen to from both sides? I hope David continues to be a successful footballer and Victoria eventually finds something in the entertainment industry to excell at. Until then, I hope they both remain out of the public viewing to sort their lives out. ;)

if they are in the public eye particularly in the entertainment business, they need to work the press and use it, its a tool for them to get their message or CD across.

Don't forget the press make HUGE amounts out of them too, so its a two-way thing. However, if they use the press for the "good things" then its OK, but when its bad, of course they are going to object, who wouldnt? and I find it hard to believe that their (behind closed doors) marriage is in the public interest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HellBoy wrote:
    if they are in the public eye particularly in the entertainment business, they need to work the press and use it, its a tool for them to get their message or CD across.

Don't forget the press make HUGE amounts out of them too, so its a two-way thing. However, if they use the press for the "good things" then its OK, but when its bad, of course they are going to object, who wouldnt? and I find it hard to believe that their (behind closed doors) marriage is in the public interest.

HellBoy - I'm in total agreement with you on the highlighted comment. It's a very good point to raise as it's easy to forget this. I also think it's this 'two-way' business between The Beckhams and the press which is rapidly beginning to wane public interest and sympathy now.

The main point I've been trying to make is that its a very dangerous game The Beckhams have been playing with the press. They seem more than willing to give out 'positive' (and sometimes, quite intimate) details of their marriage to the press, but do not seem to be able to handle any 'negative' aspects of their marriage being known. And quite right - who would? I would imagine every married couple in the land enter into slanging matches with each other along the way. My point is, if The Beckhams are willing to sell so much 'positive and intimate' details of themselves to promote Brand Beckham, when things do turn sour in the marriage (and I'm quietly confident things have gone a bit arse over tit of late ;) ), they would have to expect the negative to be printed. After all, this marriage has made millions out of some of the GBP buying into their 'perfect' family life. I'm guessing it's for this reason that some people feel the public should be made aware of the negative element.

But I'm not saying any of it is right. To me, it seems a right old mess and serves as a lesson to any wannabe 'Posh and Becks' type celebs. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,532
    Forum Member
    OK I'm going to be very shalllow here but I do kind of like the orange skirt - how long did it take her stylists to sort THAT one out :rolleyes: Orange being a happy, sunny colour...showing she is a happy, sunny person :D

Apparently those photos were set up very carefully and the photographer who took them charged £3000 EACH for them! Or so it said in the Daily Mail today :o (They didn't print them, but the Sun had quite a few) :o:o

:D
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LadyKnight wrote:
    Apparently those photos were set up very carefully and the photographer who took them charged £3000 EACH for them! Or so it said in the Daily Mail today :o (They didn't print them, but the Sun had quite a few) :o:o

:D

Look at these

Hmm, a young woman happily playing with her Son without a care in the world, or a PR coup for the biggest tabloid in Britain? You decide :rolleyes:

Sorry, but these pics look utterly staged to me.. Vicky looks very styled, and I've never seen pictures before of being so 'hands-on'; usually, it's her marching Brooklyn to the school gates, holding his hand, him trailing behind her huge sunnies, Balencia handbag and masses of flunkies.

Yes, whatever, she's going to get criticised, but isn't it funny how not even a week after these allegations in the paper we see her playing happy families and cooing lovingly??
  • Options
    GoldilocksGoldilocks Posts: 7,349
    Forum Member
    Look at these

Hmm, a young woman happily playing with her Son without a care in the world, or a PR coup for the biggest tabloid in Britain? You decide :rolleyes:

Sorry, but these pics look utterly staged to me.. Vicky looks very styled, and I've never seen pictures before of being so 'hands-on'; usually, it's her marching Brooklyn to the school gates, holding his hand, him trailing behind her huge sunnies, Balencia handbag and masses of flunkies.

Yes, whatever, she's going to get criticised, but isn't it funny how not even a week after these allegations in the paper we see her playing happy families and cooing lovingly??

yes I'd tend to agree with you here. Any other photos we have seen of her doing mum type things with the children has involved what you described above. These photos are very like those of the Beckham family skiing in Switzerland after the Loos story broke.
    On a slightly different note Yellowlabbie while I agree with most of your post re: this marriage being in the public interest I too cannot see how this knowledge given to us by the nanny has enhanced our lives any or safe guared us against any terrible evil I do resent the statement that some women know no shame line. Its not only women that engage in kiss and tell type stories that spill the beans. All too often men do this too and this line casts all women in a very poor light and is somewhat unfair ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Look at these

I think you missed something in my post - OF COURSE THEY WERE STAGED! :cool:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at these

I agree they look too fake, especially the whiteness of Davids teeth :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pru - I'd have been more surprised if these type of snaps hadn't appeared in the press this week. :D

I now await the next batch of staged .. sorry ... natural shots of Posh draped round Becks, holding hands with Romeo, with Becks looking lovingly at his wife, whilst pushing Cruz along in his buggy. They would have got Brooklyn in on the act, but I assume he's at school? Lucky escape for him. :rolleyes: ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree they look too fake, especially the whiteness of Davids teeth :confused:

I read somewhere (why do I read so much about these two people :o ) that they have both had their teeth bleached and Vicky has had a lot of other stuff done to her teeth.

As ever I don't know if it's true. I can't even remember where I read it. :o
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Goldilocks wrote:
    yes I'd tend to agree with you here. Any other photos we have seen of her doing mum type things with the children has involved what you described above. These photos are very like those of the Beckham family skiing in Switzerland after the Loos story broke.
    On a slightly different note Yellowlabbie while I agree with most of your post re: this marriage being in the public interest I too cannot see how this knowledge given to us by the nanny has enhanced our lives any or safe guared us against any terrible evil I do resent the statement that some women know no shame line. Its not only women that engage in kiss and tell type stories that spill the beans. All too often men do this too and this line casts all women in a very poor light and is somewhat unfair ;)
    Sorry Goldilocks, but I did say 'some women' meaning not all women and I was talking about a woman at the time. I do agree that men kiss and tell too, but being a woman myself, I sometimes despair what they will do for money. Hence they do give us women a bad name. When you trust somebody to come into your house to look after your children, you do not expect them to betray you, I hope this nanny never works again, she doesn't deserve anyones trust.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    nothing the Beckhams do is in my interest at all, the only good thing I see about them is the friendship they have with the little girl from the Hospice and the fact that they keep in touch.

Yes, excellent photo opportunites for them ;)
  • Options
    Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
    Forum Member
    LadyKnight wrote:
    I think you missed something in my post - OF COURSE THEY WERE STAGED! :cool:

THE WHOLE WORLD IS A STAGE AND WE ARE MERELY PLAYERS ON IT :D However some APPEAR better than others ;)
This discussion has been closed.