Options

DigiFusion FR101T

vuittionvuittion Posts: 531
Forum Member
✭✭
Has anybody got one, if so what's your verdict.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I bought one last night

UI is a bit ropey

Calender and TV guide is good

30 second rewind is also good and works as well

very easy to set up

i d recommand it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Don't think this is the FR101T. This sounds like the non TUTV box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monta wrote:
    Don't think this is the FR101T. This sounds like the non TUTV box.

Yes I think your right Monta,

thanks for the reply anyway ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    I plan to purchase one, have discovered only 1 dixons locally that has stock! So Im off to get one tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes and I know where the dixons in lewisham is,

next door to the big shopping centre,

I might have to beat you to it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,768
    Forum Member
    vuittion wrote:
    Yes and I know where the dixons in lewisham is,

next door to the big shopping centre,

I might have to beat you to it :)
    There is/was certainly one 'exclusive to DSG' for sale in the Bournemouth Dixons yesterday if anyone here wants one.

Note... DSG is the Dixons/Currys/PCworld (at least) group - so they may (already) have them in the other stores

BTW the Thompson next to it looked better and had a plethora of sockets on the back - the fusion was a bit sparse in that area!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    There is/was certainly one 'exclusive to DSG' for sale in the Bournemouth Dixons yesterday if anyone here wants one.

Note... DSG is the Dixons/Currys/PCworld (at least) group - so they may (already) have them in the other stores

BTW the Thompson next to it looked better and had a plethora of sockets on the back - the fusion was a bit sparse in that area!
    I have just got one and joined the messageboard thread that has been going on for ages at:
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=131551

They are a friendly lot and will answer any questions you have about the Fusion box.

Cheers, Paul
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hi vuitton the lewisham dixons has not got them, you need to go to the one in canary wharf, they got about 12-15
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    I bought a FRT101 3 weeks ago - took it back aweek later, swapped for another of the same model and took that back last week and changed for a Matsui DTR1.

The digifusion is awful - cheap , plasticky, toy like feel -awful.

Picture gets squashed and you have to switch chanells and back again to cure this.

The remote is of appaling quality and you have to be spot on with pointing it at the unit for it to work - I mean no margin for error at all.

Oh and my two switched themselves off when scanning through channels.

A truly dreadful, dreadful product :( :mad:
  • Options
    jam2000jam2000 Posts: 3,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone for one of these yet?
    How good is it?
    Seems like quite a large box for what it is compared to other ones like the Thomson.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a FRT101 3 weeks ago - took it back aweek later, swapped for another of the same model and took that back last week and changed for a Matsui DTR1.

The digifusion is awful - cheap , plasticky, toy like feel -awful.

Picture gets squashed and you have to switch chanells and back again to cure this.

The remote is of appaling quality and you have to be spot on with pointing it at the unit for it to work - I mean no margin for error at all.

Oh and my two switched themselves off when scanning through channels.

A truly dreadful, dreadful product :( :mad:

That's not the 101T top-up TV box which is actually a fantastic product. unbeatable.co.uk now have stock.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    The 101T certainly is a fantastic product. Exchanged my Thomson DTI2300 for the DigiFusion yesterday at Curry's.
    The 7 day epg is very nice & quick (compared to the 2300) and the 101T doesn't crash on Ch.9 either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    can you set up a advent recording from the epg ie can you point and click and it will set up the correct timer recording
    also how many advent timers does it have and also on a timer recording will it ouput a rgb signal thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes you can set up a advent recording (or reminder) from the epg, though I've tried this yet.
    I don't have access to the box at the mo, but it looks like from the pic in the user guide, it will allow upto 8 timers.
    I have mine set up as rgb, so would image on a timer that it will also output rgb.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does thois box have an RF modulator????? or is it just loop through????
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    i phone them up and they told me you can have unlimited
    edvent timers i have had a echostar t105 that has only 8 advent timers which is crap a thomson top up box thats
    the same i will stick with my humax f2tfox that has 20 advent timers and its so easy to program
  • Options
    jam2000jam2000 Posts: 3,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got myself one the other day, very good so far, no problems. The box is fast and all the menus etc are clear and picture/sound quality is good. Got to be the best Top UP TV box so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unlimited timers? Can only manage upto 8....

I must agree that it is the best Top Up box so far, but the sound has a distinct lack of bass when compared to analogue.

Apparently DigiFusion are aware of this as a 'problem', claiming it's due to the boxes being rushed out before Xmas for TopUp!? And it's something that's can't be corrected with a OAD.

It's certainly something you can live with. Definitley worth the money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was rushed out for the XMAS rush, i know this because i am constantly in touch with the company that makes this!

Dan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In some ways thats a little bit of a shame, but Fusion where between a rock and a not very soft place to try and get a TUTV box on the market.

For an OEM product it's very good, and dare we say it .. just in design it's probably 10x better than anything so far out of the Fusion R&D department.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Looking at the pic in the Dioxins website, the remote looks the same as a setpal remote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I bought one at the weekend to replace what I thought was my faulty OnDigital phillips box. (Turns out everybody's OnDigital boxes are being plagued by the BBC signals or something.)
    What do I think.........poor

Picture is like watching a satellite video phone link on the news (signal is fine, 10/10 on the meter, the On Digital box has cracking picture when it is not having its problems. Tried to watch MOTD(you like acronyms on this website) on Saturday and it was like slow motion, unwatchable went back to analogue.

Sound.......even worse. To get listenable levels the TV volume is now at 7/10 andf the results are tinny and thin. The old box sits at 3/10 and is nice and rich.

Its good points are the extra scheduling facilities

So, given a free choice just what do you buy???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats unusual, perhaps you should consider having it exchanged ? Everyone else has given the FRT101T glowing reports (with the exception of the sound quality - although that's never been about volume).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i had two of these boxes, both would not work, i found them to be a step back from even the level of the thomson.

i have now got an echostar and the picture quality on this box is far superior.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing to remember with this box is that it's not made by Fusion, but by an OEM supplier. The insides of this box are identical to quite a few others out there.