Options

Rowetta coming back don't let her down

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
Forum Member
If my source is correct and she has been on everything so far, after a meeting that started after all lines to ITV's switchboard were Jammed with complaints about last nights result(and still are!), and finished several hours ago, After next weeks vote off, There is to be a special with the return of all final acts that have been voted off for a place in the final which will now have 3 contestants in it, the viewers will get to vote back in the act that they want to see in the final.
For what ever reason how the vote ended last night, It was felt that the outcome was very much down to Sharon's I'm not voting crap the week b4 which changed the way the contestants were voted off, If Sharon had not pulled this then even if Rowetta was in the bottom 2 last night she would have not been voted off by any of the judges except the one that had the other actin the bottom 2 be it G4 or Tabby.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Date of and full details of the special will be announced in the week
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Sounds good but there is no way that is gonna happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If my source is correct and she has been on everything so far, after a meeting that started after all lines to ITV's switchboard were Jammed with complaints about last nights result(and still are!), and finished several hours ago, After next weeks vote off, There is to be a special with the return of all final acts that have been voted off for a place in the final which will now have 3 contestants in it, the viewers will get to vote back in the act that they want to see in the final.

:eek: OMG i would be so happy if your source was correct, then either Cassie or Rowetta will be voted into the Final (im happy with either :D) but wouldn't this put them at a severe disadvantage in the final?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I believe he is right has just been on breakfast time over 2 hours ago as well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope that isn't true.

Whilst I don't feel Rowetta was the act deserving of their marching orders last night a move like this would destroy the minimal credibility the show has left.

It should have been decided all along on the basis of lowest in the public vote not the ridiculous "judges vote". Justified or not, Rowetta polled the fewest votes last night and left the competition in accordance with the rules - it's the nature of the game.

To back track like this would be an insult to every participating act and everyone who's voted in the course of the show and if I were among those remaining legitimately in the competition I'd be prompted to walk out if they instigated any such ruling.

To quote Simon Cowell "you make the rules and then you stick to them" - or maybe it's "you make the rules and stick to them until you get something you don't like".

DL

Just checked my calendar to make sure it's not April 1st
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They have used this method before, Will be announced as a twist to the final and will look like this has been the formula from the start, Althogh I'm a Steve fan Rowetta was in everybodies top 2 and only floods of highly expensed propaganda from in Particular Sharon the last 2 weeks made Rowettas vote forgotten asthousands voted to save other idols who they wrongly belived to be in danger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But also remeber who ever gets voted off on saturday will also be in this last chance showdown
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DivaLoca wrote:

Whilst I don't feel Rowetta was the act deserving of their marching orders last night a move like this would destroy the minimal credibility the show has left.

It should have been decided all along on the basis of lowest in the public vote not the ridiculous "judges vote". Justified or not, Rowetta polled the fewest votes last night and left the competition in accordance with the rules - it's the nature of the game.

To back track like this would be an insult to every participating act and everyone who's voted in the course of the show and if I were among those remaining legitimately in the competition I'd be prompted to walk out if they instigated any such ruling.

To quote Simon Cowell "you make the rules and then you stick to them" - or maybe it's "you make the rules and stick to them until you get something you don't like".

DL

Totally agree with your post. Any credibility the show has will be sunk with a gimmick like this. It seems Simon has thrown his toys out of the pram. The public have spent their money. Why should the remaining competitors be asked to compete against someone who has already left the competition? Madness! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But also remeber who ever gets voted off on saturday will also be in this last chance showdown

(if this happens) I can see the voting being between 3 acts...

ROWETTA
    CASSIE
    G4/STEVE/TABBY

as they were all closest to the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At the breakfast time meeting it was also said that Tabby was going to walk because of last nights events and with G4 now being G3 after the loss of 1 voice by the end of last night it must be a haphazard plan to stop the whole show falling to pieces, I also note that 1 bookmakers is already quoting odds on all the voted off contestants again, so Rowetta fans don't throw your slips away yet :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Babymoo wrote:
    At the breakfast time meeting it was also said that Tabby was going to walk because of last nights events and with G4 now being G3 after the loss of 1 voice by the end of last night it must be a haphazard plan to stop the whole show falling to pieces, I also note that 1 bookmakers is already quoting odds on all the voted off contestants again, so Rowetta fans don't throw your slips away yet :D

- What events are making Tabby walk?
    - Whih member of G4 has lost their voice?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Babymoo wrote:
    Now I know you are on a wind-up. I watched last nights post-results show and the boys of G4 all looked and sounded fine. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dudeuk87 wrote:
    (if this happens) I can see the voting being between 3 acts...

ROWETTA
    CASSIE
    G4/STEVE/TABBY

as they were all closest to the final.

Yes but some where sent home by the judges vote which might well have been different to the public, oh no means we have to stomach voices with soul again :p
  • Options
    SusannSusann Posts: 31,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DivaLoca wrote:

DL

Quite right :mad: Rowetta was my 2nd favourite in the X Factor and Steve is my favourite, but if Steve had been voted off last night, I still would find this unfair. It seems the rules can just just be bent to suit and it is wrong :mad:

If this is true :( then it is just a mockery and I can't be bothered to watch it anymore. I will just wait for Steve's album to come out instead :) It will be worth the wait I'm sure :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So why did only 3 of the appear this morning as he had to rest his voice again!
  • Options
    zelanazelana Posts: 4,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To have such a vote would be grossly unfair as the voting pattern is likely to follow the same pattern as the number of songs each act has performed.
  • Options
    NatiraNatira Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like I said, they will stop at NOTHING to get the Rowetta/Tabby final they so desperately crave. If G4 or Steve had been voted off last night, would we have seen this stunt pulled? No, I don't think so somehow. The show is an absolute disgrace, their attempt to get Steve out last night was the most blatant piece of manipulation I have ever seen and I'll be damned if i ever watch this farce of a show ever again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    most people will not even realise why they have done this, There was no outcry when it was announced the penultimate week in Popstar in fact to the average viewer just seemed like a planned part of the show, I think in the future they showed say exactly how the voting and Judges are going to play things from day 1 and thats it, It was Sharon who started all this sabotage last week which has caused 3 formula changed now, I think we should vote her off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natira wrote:
    It's like I said, they will stop at NOTHING to get the Rowetta/Tabby final they so desperately crave. If G4 or Steve had been voted off last night, would we have seen this stunt pulled? No, I don't think so somehow. The show is an absolute disgrace, their attempt to get Steve out last night was the most blatant piece of manipulation I have ever seen and I'll be damned if i ever watch this farce of a show ever again.
    It does seem very blatant but I still dont think that Simon would pull this sort of trick. ITV have commisioned a second series and people would be less inclined to vote if they thought that the act could be back in the final anyway having bypassed all the other shows and been voted out in a legitimate vote. Madness! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't matter which of the acts had been voted off last night.If any are allowed back in the whole show will lose its credibility.
    Steve is my favourite but Rowetta was a close second.
    The public voted her out.If Steve was voted out I would have been disappointed but would still have felt that he'd gone and shouldn't have the chance to come back unless it had been decided that was how it was going to be right from the beginning of the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Simon seems interested on getting the Endless Love Duet out b4 Xmas so who knows what will happen after this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    most people will not even realise why they have done this, There was no outcry when it was announced the penultimate week in Popstar in fact to the average viewer just seemed like a planned part of the show, I think in the future they showed say exactly how the voting and Judges are going to play things from day 1 and thats it, It was Sharon who started all this sabotage last week which has caused 3 formula changed now, I think we should vote her off!
    But it has never been done before a final and viewers would rightly be angry about a perceived "fix" to get a judges favourite back on the show. It stinks. :mad:
  • Options
    SusannSusann Posts: 31,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Sharon who started all this sabotage last week which has caused 3 formula changed now, I think we should vote her off!

Oh if only we could vote Ma Osbourne off :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    annabelle wrote:
    It wouldn't matter which of the acts had been voted off last night.If any are allowed back in the whole show will lose its credibility.
    Steve is my favourite but Rowetta was a close second.
    The public voted her out.If Steve was voted out I would have been disappointed but would still have felt that he'd gone and shouldn't have the chance to come back unless it had been decided that was how it was going to be right from the beginning of the show.

I guess thats why they never give out the full formula at the start of these shows, In every series of Popstar, Idols, etc changes have been made and Joe public who does not read forums and belive what they read in the Sun are never the wiser, thats why we are here and they are.......
  • Options
    TifferTiffer Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    DivaLoca wrote:
    DL

As I've stated in a previous post they change the "rules" in this show to suit ther own preferences for the next show.

Where is your proof that
    Rowetta polled the fewest votes
    ?? Unless or until the TV company or whoever decide to release the actual voting figures the evidence as to who actually sustained the lowest votes is circumstancial and not based on any proven facts. It is based on if you trust the TV compaines to be telling you the truth which they are about as good at as the tabloid newspapers!