why do you read heat?

athena2004athena2004 Posts: 1,486
Forum Member
✭✭✭
what are your opinions on heat magazine? Is Heat the only magazine that doesn't encourage girls to be stick thin?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is there something to actually read in it then? Must have missed that bit. I only get it when I'm full of a stinking cold and can only manage pictures, and ticks and crosses which tell me which clothes are good or bad.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only ever seen Heat once; it must have been a while ago, as one of the stories was about three members of All Saints making a film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    There is absolutely nothing to read in it. Has it been taken over? It's not what it was. Not that it was anything edifying in the first place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read heat because its a light hearted read-bits of gossip. I choose to read it when I go in from work and have had a hard day as guaranteed it will make me laugh. Papers these days are full of doom and gloom .
    If others dont approve of heat then fair enough but accept that others have the right to read what they want.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^

Totally agree.

I read Heat (and Now) on the train going home from work as they're an easy read after a hard days work and they make the 30 minute journey fly by. I then keep Heat to use for the weeks tv.

Some of us are able to read books and watch serious tv as well as read Heat and watch RTV. Its allowed these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Hear Hear. Heat is a nice nobrainer mag.
    Pretty pics, weeks telly guide, latest in chicklit.
    Great for reading at the weekend with a hangover.