Options

Bon Jovi apologises for calling his son Romeo

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 691
Forum Member
✭✭
Why on earth would you have to apologise for choosing the same name for your kid?!?!! :confused:

Jon Bon Jovi has apologised to David and Victoria Beckham for calling his baby son Romeo.

The singer's wife, Dorothea, gave birth to their fourth child in March and the couple loved the name Romeo - unbeknown that the football ace and the former Spice Girl had already called their second son that reports Femalefirst.co.uk.

He said: "We actually called him Romeo thinking it was the most beautiful, original name in the world, only to find out that David Beckham had already chosen it - so we apologise to the Beckhams for that."

Comments

• Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soapsrus wrote:
    Why on earth would you have to apologise for choosing the same name for your kid?!?!! :confused:

Jon Bon Jovi has apologised to David and Victoria Beckham for calling his baby son Romeo.

The singer's wife, Dorothea, gave birth to their fourth child in March and the couple loved the name Romeo - unbeknown that the football ace and the former Spice Girl had already called their second son that reports Femalefirst.co.uk.

He said: "We actually called him Romeo thinking it was the most beautiful, original name in the world, only to find out that David Beckham had already chosen it - so we apologise to the Beckhams for that."

Dunno but seems to me the kid deserves the apology. :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How original can a name be that has been in existence for over a thousand years and is in the title of one of the most famous plays of all time? A name doesn't have to be original though, just not dull like John, James or Mary.

My sons are Keir, Lucas and Zachary Genaro Cosmo. You don't get too many of those to the pound.

Rudi :cool:
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rudi wrote:
    How original can a name be that has been in existence for over a thousand years and is in the title of one of the most famous plays of all time? A name doesn't have to be original though, just not dull like John, James or Mary.

My sons are Keir, Lucas and Zachary Genaro Cosmo. You don't get too many of those to the pound.

Rudi, those are great names especially Zachary it's always been one of my favourites. :)
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I went to school with at least two Romeo's and had a very pleasant fling with another ;)
  • Options
    RatinhoRatinho Posts: 5,129
    Forum Member
    It took ages for my parents to travel round the world, apologising to every other parent with a 'Stewart' for a son.

I feel it was worth it though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rudi wrote:

Apologies Rudi as I just re-named my kid Zachary Genaro Cosmo :p
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rudi wrote:
    A name doesn't have to be original though, just not dull like John, James or Mary.

Hey! Watch it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soapsrus wrote:
    Apologies Rudi as I just re-named my kid Zachary Genaro Cosmo :p
    You are very welcome. My one regret is that I never got to use any girls names. If the last one was a girl the name would have been Carmen Tulsa. How cool is that?

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Hey everyone, just thought i'd put the record straight on the apology.He was beeing sarcastic to the beckhams!!i looked up bonjovi.com because it didnt sound like something jon would say (as I have been a fan for a while) and they said it was sarcasm.Here is the quote:

"Please, dear Lord - don't take everything so seriously and so literally. Jon was JOKING. He was not being serious."

Just thought i'd clear it up!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    I guess it's all in the preference of the parents. I don't like Keir so much--doesn't sound phoenetically nice and Lucas' friends are bound to call him mucus Lucas, but at least they aren't called Romeo or Brooklyn, which would be a tragedy!

How could you seriously look at a grown man and call him Romeo? Most of these kids wind up shortening their names to something else anyway. So, why name them something you won't use?

There's nothing wrong with James, John and Mary, but I agree that individuality is nice, but it can go to the extreme and sound like a cartoon character or superhero name as well.
  • Options
    DillholeMcGintyDillholeMcGinty Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    he needs to apologise for his musical output from the last 15 years
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    jmclaugh wrote:
    Dunno but seems to me the kid deserves the apology. :)
    ..... and he needs to apologise for wearing ghastly leather trousers. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i'll sign any petition to speed him on with this request
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least Jon Bon Jovi has the excuse that he's of Italian origin, so Romeo is a pretty normal name for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why in earth would you apologise for calling your child romeo, did he apologise to everyone else who called their kids romeo, I find this very hard to believe.

Maybe it was at some level of sarcasm, anyone thinks?
  • Options
    ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member
    Hey everyone, just thought i'd put the record straight on the apology.He was beeing sarcastic to the beckhams!!i looked up bonjovi.com because it didnt sound like something jon would say (as I have been a fan for a while) and they said it was sarcasm.Here is the quote:

"Please, dear Lord - don't take everything so seriously and so literally. Jon was JOKING. He was not being serious."

Just thought i'd clear it up!

Tiger - see above :o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member

I dont think he needs to apologise for the musical output for the last 20 and how may artist now a days can say they have sold over 100 milion albums?Everyone has a different taste in music but they must be doing someting right??people shouldnt be to critical i dont see anyone in the charts doing that in the next 20 years??
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the Beckhams should demand an apology from the William Shakespeare Estate for the use of the name 'Romeo' in Romeo and Juliet as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think he needs to apologise for the musical output for the last 20 and how may artist now a days can say they have sold over 100 milion albums?Everyone has a different taste in music but they must be doing someting right??people shouldnt be to critical i dont see anyone in the charts doing that in the next 20 years??

Well said. I've seen them in concert 3 times and they rocked - always a brilliant night out. Give me Bon Jovi over that twat Robbie Williams any day.
  • Options
    Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
    Forum Member
    rudi wrote:

and they can always change their name to a dull name like Stephen or something similar if they wanted to, if they couldn't live up to their names (BTW which book did you use :confused: ), a name doesn't make the man but it helps!... some of my friends call me Heidi which confuses the $hit out of other people :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote:
    Maybe the Beckhams should demand an apology from the William Shakespeare Estate for the use of the name 'Romeo' in Romeo and Juliet as well.

LOL, sound about right for Mrs Becks at least. :D
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if poor little Romeo's elder brother had been conceived in Peckham instead of Brooklyn. What sort of name would he have finished up with ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rudi wrote:

My youngest son is a Lucas too! He is 5 now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This type of stories are pretty much 99% bollocks, who here honestly believe Bon Jovi actually said "We'd like to apologise to D & V for pickin the same name as their kid", whatever, they probably said something like "Oh, some famous people already names their kid that? Oh well"

Seriously, tabloid writers come up with more fiction than news report...