Heats Strange Obsession With ......

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
Forum Member
Sarah Jessica Parker. :eek: I cant understand what the hell they see in this emaciated, horse faced actress. Okay she is the star of Sex In The City, which is very good but why the hell do they keep banging on about her week after week, telling us all how "stylish and chic" she is, when she looks like shes found an attic full of her Gran's clothes and got dressed in the dark. Wearing boxing gloves.
And they keep referring to her as beautiful :confused: - maybe its me .....

What do the rest of you think? And if there are any Sarah Jess stalkers out there, dont beat me up .... ;)

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A "stylish and chic" American? No such thing. Worst-dressed nation on Earth, they even beat our Chav-ridden land.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If SJP was just some unknown off the street, people would just disregard her as being an average-looking woman who is probably not so distantly related to the great Shergar.

And wearing fussy, multi-coloured outfits similar to those of past 1970s children's TV presenters is not how you would define 'stylish'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Women read Heat. All women apparently love Sex and the City. They think it appeals to women. Yes she is a vile looking scrawny hag, but we've bought into all that by watching that programme.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from what i can gather from my friends and most magazines women think she is stunning and most men think she is a horsey hag.Dont quite know why the different sexes think this way.

I personally think she has a great dress sense and can either look great or really rough depending on make up/hairstyle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All women apparently love Sex and the City

No they don't.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    June wrote:
    No they don't.
    Likewise with all gay men.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    I think she's freakishly skinny!!
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a woman and I'm not interested in her. I watched Sex and the City, but not religiously and not because of her. She wears some quirky clothes, which makes her more interesting for the magazines, but I don't get why anyone would want to read about her week after week after week. Maybe that's why I rarely buy heat these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Jessica Parker. :eek: I cant understand what the hell they see in this emaciated, horse faced actress. Okay she is the star of Sex In The City, which is very good but why the hell do they keep banging on about her week after week, telling us all how "stylish and chic" she is, when she looks like shes found an attic full of her Gran's clothes and got dressed in the dark. Wearing boxing gloves.

What do the rest of you think? And if there are any Sarah Jess stalkers out there, dont beat me up .... ;)

It's Matthew Broderick I feel sorry for. Such a wonderful guy having to live/sleep with that!!!! :eek:

JC
  • GoldilocksGoldilocks Posts: 7,349
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote:
    If SJP was just some unknown off the street, people would just disregard her as being an average-looking woman who is probably not so distantly related to the great Shergar.

And wearing fussy, multi-coloured outfits similar to those of past 1970s children's TV presenters is not how you would define 'stylish'.
    Like the Shergar reference there 'twas funny and spot on. I watched SATC and thought it was ok tv although the women in it were SO self obsesed it defied belief. Some of the clothes SJP wore in it were nice (e.g the white dress the night she wouldn't jump on a plane to Vegas and marry Aidan) and the suit she wore on her first day at work in Vogue but overall they were manky and I wouldn't wear them if I was paid to. Same in real life. Also it is not NORMAL for a woman over the age of 10 to have a body like that. Her entire day must be spent on a treadmill, its certainly not spent in the kitchen eating anyway. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    tough_ref wrote:
    It's Matthew Broderick I feel sorry for. Such a wonderful guy having to live/sleep with that!!!! :eek:

JC

Mmm yes, I've always though he was rather yummy.
    Forum Member
    June wrote:
    No they don't.

The key word in the sentence was 'apparently' i.e. this is the media's interpretation of women's likes not mine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate Sarah Jessica Parker! The rest of the SATC girls are great but just not SJP
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Could never understand how anyone could find SJP stunning or even remotely pretty. And as for her being a fashion icon - give me a break. Did you see some of the crap she wore on SATC? I just wish 'those they call "they"' would just join in with us and the real world.

Shergar - absolute spot on :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can not stand the woman. I only ever saw about 2 episodes of SATC and couldnt stand her in it, so never watched again.

I'd love to know where this media thing about all women loving the show came from. I dont know hardly anyone who ever watched it.
    Forum Member
    NewWoman wrote:
    Can not stand the woman. I only ever saw about 2 episodes of SATC and couldnt stand her in it, so never watched again.

I'd love to know where this media thing about all women loving the show came from. I dont know hardly anyone who ever watched it.
    Everyone I know watched it! except for me. Even Ally McBeal was more watchable.
  • risingstarrisingstar Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that they had an obession going with Geri Haliwell and Nadia who won BB5. Geri Haliwell has been talking about how she got her curves back for the longest time ever and i just find it boring now :yawn:
    Sarah jessica parker i do not mind her at all. I also don't think that she is freakishly skinny but then again i do not think that most people are. I don't even think that Twiggy was unattractively thin so i try to remain a bit silent on issues like these because i clearly have a difference of opinion to most people in this area. Unless you are a size 12-14 or more these days then it seems that someone will have a cause to call you too skinny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chimpus wrote:
    Even Ally McBeal was more watchable.

Never watched that either. Cant be doing with all those sorts of shows.
  • GoldilocksGoldilocks Posts: 7,349
    Forum Member
    I thought that they had an obession going with Geri Haliwell and Nadia who won BB5. Geri Haliwell has been talking about how she got her curves back for the longest time ever and i just find it boring now :yawn:
    Sarah jessica parker i do not mind her at all. I also don't think that she is freakishly skinny but then again i do not think that most people are. I don't even think that Twiggy was unattractively thin so i try to remain a bit silent on issues like these because i clearly have a difference of opinion to most people in this area. Unless you are a size 12-14 or more these days then it seems that someone will have a cause to call you too skinny.
    Not true! Some people are naturally very slim and a size 8 to 10. Two of my sisters are and they look perfectly healthy the difference is you can tell when someone works hard at being skinny (SJP, VB, SD and many more) and they look dreadful and in need of a good big dinner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Everyone at Heat watched it thats why they tell you that. Whatever the opinions of editors and staff of magazines, newpapers and tv progs are then thats the opinion of 'everyone'.
    Its all a clique and they think they are the norml. Ever wondered how some actor or singer is said to be so great yet you don't know anyone who knows them or has bought their record?
    Look at Sadie Frost, had her own tv series, appears daily in magazines and papers. Can anyone name 3 films off the top of their heads that she was in? She obviously knows a lot of media people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No I can't see where the beautiful thing fits in with JSP (as Heat do like to call her :rolleyes: ) . I agree as an avid Heat reader :o (did I say that out loud) that they do seem to like talking about her a fair bit, especially strange as SATC (another Heat fav word :D ) finished months ago and what is the great lady doing now? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldilocks wrote:
    Not true! Some people are naturally very slim and a size 8 to 10. Two of my sisters are and they look perfectly healthy the difference is you can tell when someone works hard at being skinny (SJP, VB, SD and many more) and they look dreadful and in need of a good big dinner.

So true.

Naturally thinner people look good being very slim because thats how their bodies were made to look. What looks dreadful, however, is someone who is naturally, say, a 12 but forces themself to be an 8. That looks totally wrong. Its also very aging. I think SJP looks older than her (claimed to be) 39 years. Look at Posh now she's a more normal weight, she looks about 10 years younger and 100% more attractive than when she's starving herself into a bag of bones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kim catralls better
  • risingstarrisingstar Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We just have to agree to disagree on that one then.
    Also, it is not true at all that you can always spot a naturally thin person from those who work at it. I know many women who do look naturally thin but they are not, they work hard to stay where they are at but you would never guess that from looking at them.

Sidenote-you do not even have to be all that slim these days to wear some size 10's or even some size 8's with all these vanity sized clothing around.
    Goldilocks wrote:
  • topcat2topcat2 Posts: 6,265
    Forum Member
    Their obsession with BB Nadia is worse. Shes not even a celebrity for goodness sake give it up already noones interested. It stopped me buying the magazine.