Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
why do the call 9live quiz tv if it starts at 10:00am
is it the name :confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,794
    Forum Member
    9 live is a German channel which also runs the quiz on E4 - www.neunlive.de.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris E wrote:
    9 live is a German channel which also runs the quiz on E4 - www.neunlive.de.

so if its german than why is it on british digital tv
    and why are the not speeking in german :confused:
  • Options
    tellyadicttellyadict Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thay want to make money :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so if its german than why is it on british digital tv
    and why are the not speeking in german :confused:

Because they've made a UK version for E4.
  • Options
    bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,708
    Forum Member
    Are they anything to do with Quiz.tv?

They have the same games, same jackpot game a very similar studio and so on...
  • Options
    astra19Eastra19E Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they film it in Germany?
    The sets look very similar.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    I noticed that the sets do look very similar comparing it to the one on 19.2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    astra19E wrote:
    Do they film it in Germany?
    The sets look very similar.

Wouldn't suprise me, Friendly TV's Stash The Cash is filmed in Hungary!
  • Options
    TerranusTerranus Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is filmed in Germany, there is an SCPC feed on Eurobird to transport it to the UK.
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why don't they just the German version on to save time and we could all take german lessens :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Or you could move your current sky dish to Astra1 then get the FTA german chanels like RTL,SAT.1,Ard1,ZDF ect...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    hehe this will be the first of many UK quiz channel to launch soon. :D German TV is now full of this c***.

"How much is 1+1?"
    a) 45
    b) 100
    c) 2

hmmmm :rolleyes: :D

I am sure they have to open a new EPG section for this kind of stuff. Many people will call, money will be made (by the owner's of the channel!!) and there will be a whole range of interactive TV channels on Sky ... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The VIP wrote:
    "How much is 1+1?"
    a) 45
    b) 100
    c) 2

Knowing these scams it will probably be 45. Certainly not 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Terranus wrote:
    It is filmed in Germany, there is an SCPC feed on Eurobird to transport it to the UK.

Look out for continuity errors like the clock in the studio being an hour forward.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terranus wrote:

What frequency is it on please? I only get E4 after 4pm and want to see this programme if only to see how shite it is. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I watching the Live TV quiz show as I type, there was a puzzle on 5 minutes ago it was a cube covered in 8,s I was under the impression that only one cube would make the correct answer, all the callers answered only one solution apart from one caller who said 4 and 5, the host informed the woman that she had to state one answer so the contestant said 4. She was wrong.

Next caller won by giving the correct answer I think it was 3,4,5,6,7.??

I think this channel is a bad risk gamble with the chance of winning very slim indeed.
  • Options
    SwipeSwipe Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    austinrjm wrote:
    I watching the Live TV quiz show as I type, there was a puzzle on 5 minutes ago it was a cube covered in 8,s I was under the impression that only one cube would make the correct answer, all the callers answered only one solution apart from one caller who said 4 and 5, the host informed the woman that she had to state one answer so the contestant said 4. She was wrong.

Next caller won by giving the correct answer I think it was 3,4,5,6,7.??

I think this channel is a bad risk gamble with the chance of winning very slim indeed.

Yes, I just saw that too. I can't believe people are foolish enough to call these shows. Also one 13 year old kid called in only to be told it was for over 18s only, it didn't stop them fleecing him for the premium rate phone call though, did it?. Some people might call us sad for watching it but as far as I can see the presenter has the best legs on any channel at the moment so what the hell ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Yip her legs make up for the crap content of the show I guess. But I cringe when she says "Miney" :D

I also heard the 13yr old kid; I hope the person who pays the phone bill is offered a refund.

I started watching this program and at first thought ok, spend a tenner a month and take a chance, but after watching the show twice I would not even take the chance of spending a tenner. The odds are way to high in favour of Live quiz TV.
  • Options
    bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,708
    Forum Member
    I was flicking through last night and got hooked on a puzzle (scam) on Quiz TV.

The puzle was count the reds and was a short story with some red letters. Counting the red letters came to 79 but the answer after 2 and a half hours on the puzzle was 115.

They do another one on Quiz TV count all the pips, it is domino tiles and nobody i kno can explain how they come out with the answers they do.

They could have say a double 6 tile = 12 but come out with the answer 251.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To be honest you can't really blame the production companies for creating these channels considering the public are stupid and gullible enough to call up. They are informed its a premium rate number they are calling, and are made AWARE that they may not even get on to have an attempt at the answer.

Then again, when you have people calling up shows like the X factor and I'm a celebrity for no prize at all what do you expect. I'd hate to thing how much cash was generated last night though the text and phone polls. The phone companies, ITV and whoever produces the X factor must be have woken up to a champagne breakfast this morning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Swipe wrote:
    To be honest you can't really blame the production companies for creating these channels considering the public are stupid and gullible enough to call up. They are informed its a premium rate number they are calling, and are made AWARE that they may not even get on to have an attempt at the answer

some people just need to be told its a SKAM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WILEY wrote:
    some people just need to be told its a SKAM

Well, if they are too stupid to figure that one out for themselves I have no sympathy for them.
  • Options
    BangersBangers Posts: 3,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grrr....

On the current roadsign quiz on 9livetv they had a caller earlier with the correct answer which is 1 3 4 6 7 8 9 - (2 is wrong as you can't drive at 80 in the UK, and 5 the roundabout arrows point the wrong way).

They are still taking wrong calls. The answer has got to be 1 3 4 6 7 8 9, in fact to make sure, I checked all of the roadsigns on the Highway Code, and I'm definately right!!!

How can these quiz channels get away with this!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    You'll probably find that on sign #7 one of the rocks is slightly mis-shaped or the tail of the i on sign 8 is slightly shorter than usual or something that you could only see if you had a 50" projector... :rolleyes:

They used the old chestnut the other day "the line on the no entry sign is slightly thinner than it should be"
  • Options
    BangersBangers Posts: 3,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a pathetic excuse - especially as the scale of images on most of those signs has changed over the years. If they are going to use excuses like that, they better not hope someone is watching who can prove them wrong, and take them to the cleaners.