Poor Old Kerry!!

J105J105 Posts: 955
Forum Member
✭✭
So Kerry McFadden is in the Priory.
I for one really feel for her at the moment.
My hunch is that Brian will be so wracked with guilt he will get back with her only to dump her when he meets someone else :(
:)

Comments

• ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member
    I feel for her too - I read a quote she'd given recently about Bryan, after they'd split, and she just said 'God, I love that man' - I think she poured everything into her marriage because of the upbringing she had and it's such a shame it hasn't worked out, especially with the children involved.

However, from what I've read, I don't blame Bryan either. His feelings for Kerry changed - he couldn't help it - he thinks it's to do with them being so young when they met. What was he supposed to do? Stay in a marriage but not really want to be there and just make himself, Kerry & the children miserable? I do think he should have said it in person though, not on the phone.

On the whole, I just think it's very, very sad for everyone involved :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    Well, sorry but I disagree (ish). Yes its sad that they have split up and yes its sad that she still loves him and is obviously heartbroken; however, I think the one thing that their lovely children dont need at the moment is for their Mum to go into the Priory.

We all have to get over, breakups, divorces and bereavements at some time in our lives and dont book into The Priory to get over it. We get over it because we have to, some of us even have to continue to work while doing so.

Its the same when a celebrity is admitted to hospital with what to us, would be a nasty chest infection, but no to them its life or death and taking up a much needed hospital bed.

Sorry, but Kerry and Brian should stop wallowing in their undoubted misery, stop giving interviews about their personal life, start talking to each other instead of magazines, get a grip and start thinking of their children.
  • DillholeMcGintyDillholeMcGinty Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    yeh poor kerry

very well off, despite being a bit thick and completley talentless

just split from her husband and has already dated and dumped another bloke

must be hell for her, in that luxury clinic , one boyfriend after another and plenty of money in the bank.. the poor love :)
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This 'booking into the Priory' is such a celebrity fad.

It's sad that they've broken up but, as unfortunate as it is, couples break up all the time; ordinary people suffer from all kinds of loss, trauma, etc every day.
    Unluckily for them they have neither the time nor finances to just quit work, leave the kids with somebody else and check themselves into a 'trendy' clinic.
  • ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member
    Well, sorry but I disagree (ish). Yes its sad that they have split up and yes its sad that she still loves him and is obviously heartbroken; however, I think the one thing that their lovely children dont need at the moment is for their Mum to go into the Priory.

We all have to get over, breakups, divorces and bereavements at some time in our lives and dont book into The Priory to get over it. We get over it because we have to, some of us even have to continue to work while doing so.

Its the same when a celebrity is admitted to hospital with what to us, would be a nasty chest infection, but no to them its life or death and taking up a much needed hospital bed.

Sorry, but Kerry and Brian should stop wallowing in their undoubted misery, stop giving interviews about their personal life, start talking to each other instead of magazines, get a grip and start thinking of their children.

Sis, the voice of reason as usual - I'd never thought of it like that :o:o:o:o
  • risingstarrisingstar Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people cannot cope though when they go through break-up's and some people do go through breakdowns. I have known people to completely fall apart after a loss of a partner. In short we are all different and will react differently to different things. Only those closet to Kerry i. e her doctor and mother etc will know how she is mentally right now.

I don't think that people should begrudge her the fact that Kerry has money. I think that it is a good thing that she is trying to get over her problems now.

I personally don't agree with therapy but if it works for others and helps them then all good and well.

I do agree though that the Priory is increasingly being seen as some 'trendy clinic' when it actual fact it is a mental psychiatric hospital for the treatment of severe mental health related problems.

It is sad though but i do wish her well.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, well, at least Kerry was able to fulfill her I'm a Sleb contractural obligations before going invisible to Slebrecooperationville. I quite agree with KittyLitter that she should give some thought to her kids; spending some time with them instead of chasing Max Clifford-inspired publicity-chasing ego-trips might cheer up the poor sap, perish the thought!
  • J105J105 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure Kerry wouldn't have gone into the Priory unless things had finally come to a head and she knew she wasn't coping.
    It must be heartbreaking for her to be dumped and then read all about what brian gets up to on his nights out,ie Delta Goodrem and now supposedly Kimberley from Girls Aloud has caught his eye. :eek:
    I hope she sorts herself out in the priory and concerntrates on looking after her girls.
    She's a lovely girl who will meet someone eventually who will put the smile back on her face :)
  • Von TrappVon Trapp Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Dont worry, there will soon be the exclusive in Hello/OK/Heat ect on "My hell" and how she's now recovered & happy complete with pictures of her with kids and no duobt the "new love" she's known for 5 minutes. All for loads of dosh.
    Forum Member
    Von Trapp wrote:
    Dont worry, there will soon be the exclusive in Hello/OK/Heat ect on "My hell" and how she's now recovered & happy complete with pictures of her with kids and no duobt the "new love" she's known for 5 minutes. All for loads of dosh.
    You beat me to that post. No doubt it will be in the Christmas/New Year edition of OK! Magazine.
  • risingstarrisingstar Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is in the OK magazine that is out now. I would have thought that she might do something like that but that still doesn't mean that she should not of gone for help.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I see one more photoshoot/article about Brian and Kerry and their respective levels of 'pain' I will scream. 'Kerry's sensational weight loss', Brian's 'booze binges at sadness over marriage ending.'

How naive can 2 people be? They make themselves a public commodity by selling their stories to celebrity magazines, they both have/had high profile showbiz 'careers', she went on one of the biggest celeb reality shows in the UK, hired Max Clifford as their publicist and then they complain about press intrusion when it all goes pear shaped. They are disgusting individuals; they should retain some dignity, retire from the spotlight and focus on providing their children with the love and support they will undoubtedly need more of now their parents have split.

Don't get me wrong - depression is a hideous illness. I have suffered from it myself but if Kerry has gone to The Priory she should be left alone to deal with her grief privately, instead of prostituting herslef every 10 minutes on the cover of OK magazine. A marriage breaking down is utterly private and I would have a lot more sympathy for them if they didn't go round washing their dirty laundry in public.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong - depression is a hideous illness. I have suffered from it myself but if Kerry has gone to The Priory she should be left alone to deal with her grief privately, instead of prostituting herslef every 10 minutes on the cover of OK magazine. A marriage breaking down is utterly private and I would have a lot more sympathy for them if they didn't go round washing their dirty laundry in public.

Couldnt agree more.

If she is genuinely depressed, then I wish her well. But enough already of the telling of their sides of the story. have some dignity both of you and think of the kids. :(
    Forum Member
    NewWoman wrote:
    Couldnt agree more.

If she is genuinely depressed, then I wish her well. But enough already of the telling of their sides of the story. have some dignity both of you and think of the kids. :(
    If you are genuinely depressed - the last thing on your mind is which magazine to give your next interview to. You cant function, let alone speak coherently to a journalist.

Kerry has gone through what happens to most of us at least once in our lives. You bounce back from it eventually. You carry on as best you can and most of us do it without having to book ourselves into a clinic, away from a supportive family.

I have every sympathy for anyone going through a bad time, but no sympathy whatsoever to someone that looks to me like they are wallowing in self pity, not thinking about their children as much as they should and making a buck or two out of the whole business :mad:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not only am I fed with seeing interviews in various chav magazines with Kerry or Brian about how devastated they are, I'm also sick of reading I-wannabe-famous-ex-model-whatever Dan Corsi's cringeworthy declarations of love for Kerry.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are genuinely depressed - the last thing on your mind is which magazine to give your next interview to. You cant function, let alone speak coherently to a journalist.

Kerry has gone through what happens to most of us at least once in our lives. You bounce back from it eventually. You carry on as best you can and most of us do it without having to book ourselves into a clinic, away from a supportive family.

I have every sympathy for anyone going through a bad time, but no sympathy whatsoever to someone that looks to me like they are wallowing in self pity, not thinking about their children as much as they should and making a buck or two out of the whole business :mad:

Says it all really apart from the fact that she is such a gobby ***
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting utterly sick of these stories in the press, don't they have anything better to report?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,532
    Forum Member
    I feel so damn sorry for Kerry. She deserved a lot better than Bryan/Brian. I hope she manages to get herself together soon and will be home in time to spend Christmas with her daughters.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LadyKnight wrote:
    I feel so damn sorry for Kerry. She deserved a lot better than Bryan/Brian. I hope she manages to get herself together soon and will be home in time to spend Christmas with her daughters.

The 'Golden mother. has dumped her kids with her mother and cleared off abroad with her mates for Christmas :rolleyes:
  • tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is in the OK magazine that is out now. I would have thought that she might do something like that but that still doesn't mean that she should not of gone for help.

How many 'normal' people ask for help and advertise that fact?

I think von Trapp is right ... its publicity and a way of getting more money at the end of it all.

She is already seeing Fran whilst she is in there too .... even more publicity .....

Me? If I needed help I would slink away trying to tell as few people as possible .... its not something I would like to shout out and share with everyone ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,142
    Forum Member
    She makes me sick.

3 years ago, my partner left me exactly 4 weeks before Christmas. I had no choice but to continue as i had a job to go to, a house to run and a child to feed/clothe/act normal for etc. Kerry has no money worries, and has been galavanting around town for the past 2 months, hooking up with various different blokes, while all the while this conveniently gets 'leaked' to the papers every day. Then she checks into the Priory suffering from depression, and doctors have supposedly advised her to spend Xmas in the Bahamas!!! Away from her 2 tiny little girls, who will now not only have to deal with the fact that mummy and daddy aren't together anymore, but will speand Christmas with NEITHER of their parents, instead spending Christmas with Brian's mum :(

That first christmas my partner and i were apart, even though we couldnt stand to look at each other by that point, we spent Christmas day together, for the sake of our son.

She needs to grow up and stop being so selfish. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im absolutely annoyed with this statement:

"A close friend told The Mirror, "She's devastated she won't be with her kids on Christmas Day. Being a good mum is her No 1 priority, but she also needs to sort her head out after what's been a terrible year."

i think we should hunt down the terrible person who held a gun to her head and drove her kicking and screaming to the airport.!

poor Kerry...my bleeding f****** heart goes out to you! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think she's had a hard time of it, personally, she deserves the break.

It was stated above that many people have to carry on regardless of marriage break-ups and should not check themselves into a clinic, which is what The Priory is, it's not a glamourised hangout, it's a strict place to deal with problems. A celebrity could check into a regular clinic sure, but where's the discretion in that? The tabloid would be fighting over the reports like children in a playground. The Priory deals with all aspects of this in a discreet and controlled way, hence why celebrities go there...this does not mean it is "glamourised".

And yet, people slate her for trying to carry on, continuing with the presenting jobs, with the TV appearances which are no doubt organised and pre-arranged by her agent, based on a strict schedule...what's she supposed to do? Refuse to do these jobs, and henceforth risk being called a 'diva' or suchlike for allowing some time to herself, sit at home and sob until she's over it? Noone should be doing that if it isn't going to help.

Kerry had a broken childhood, she was fostered and let down as a kid. The reason she's been affected by the split with Brian is probably (and reportedly) reminiscent of all those times she was given up on as a child. Now people wonder why she attatches herself to different guys and friends for some comfort - I can't blame her for that, it's been moulded into her as a part of who she is and who she always has been.

While many people will think blaming problems on childhood memories is pathetic and used as an excuse for strange behaviour in adulthood, your childhood years are the most impressionable, many of the memories you can recall will be from your childhood rather than from a few years ago. It affects you greatly.

Nobody's perfect, and if counselling is what she needs, let her have it - she's only human.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,142
    Forum Member
    I think she's had a hard time of it, personally, she deserves the break.

It was stated above that many people have to carry on regardless of marriage break-ups and don't check themselves into the Priory or suchlike.

And yet, people slate her for trying to carry on, continuing with the presenting jobs, with the TV appearances which are no doubt organised and pre-arranged by her agent, based on a strict schedule...what's she supposed to do? Refuse to do these jobs, and henceforth risk being called a 'diva' or suchlike for allowing some time to herself, sit at home and sob until she's over it? Noone should be doing that if it isn't going to help.

Kerry had a broken childhood, she was fostered and let down as a kid. The reason she's been affected by the split with Brian is probably (and reportedly) reminiscent of all those times she was given up on as a child. Now wonder why she attatches herself to different guys and friends for some comfort - I can't blame her for that.

While many people will think blaming problems on childhood memories is pathetic and used as an excuse for strange behaviour in adulthood, your childhood years are the most impressionable, many of your memories will be based on your childhood rather than a few years ago. It affects you greatly.

Nobody's perfect, and if counselling is what she needs, let her have it - she's only human.

I agree with you, up to a point. And counselling is a good thing, but does she REALLY need to check herself into a clinic for days, or REALLY need to go to somewhere hot and sunny for Xmas? Why not just visit a counseller like anyone else? with her money, she has access to the best, and wouldnt have to wait for 6 weeks to see a crummy one on the NHS, like i and most people had to do.

And with regards to Kerry being fostered, well I was adopted and being left by my partner was my worst nightmare - it caused problems in our relationship because i was so clingy and scared i would lose one of the only people who loved me as i was - yet when we split up probably the only thing which kept me going was my son, who needed me at that time as much as, if not more, as i needed him. She should be spending Xmas with those little girls, and the fact that neither Kerry OR Brian are spending Christmas with them is unforgivable. I could almost understand it if Brian was having the girls and she couldnt bear to spend the day with him, though i would grit my teeth and get on with it if it was what they wanted. But the fact none of them willspend christmas with them makes me really sad for the little girls. Its always the kids that suffer. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its always the kids that suffer. :(

And Kerry is still a kid herself, we all deal with things differently, and she doesn't find this easy.