they are out?
and so they ring there second choice?

hmmm...... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    James WelshJames Welsh Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As this is more suited to C&P, I've moved it here and given it a more descriptive title.

- J
  • Options
    BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    I have alwasy wondered this too.

Also whats
    with
    the bad
    sentence struc-
    ture
    ?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beluga wrote:
    ..a contestants phone a friend
    on who wants to be a millionaire
    do you think
    sometimes
    they are out?
    and so they ring there second choice?

hmmm...... :rolleyes:
    that must be the worst limerick I have ever heard.
    ;)
    ..but as with all of TV, if it happens and it isn't entertaining it will be edited out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would suspect that all of a contestant's 'phone a friend' people are actually somewhere that the program makers can keep an eye on them (Be it in their homes with an adjudicator or backstage in the studio).

I doubt that they would leave them to their own devices (ie internet and encyclopedia Brittanica on standby).
  • Options
    ExaminusExaminus Posts: 22,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a programme about this. WWTBAM is filmed the day before and the phone a friend person is told to be in. As simple as that.

Obviously if they aren't in, they edit it out ;).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was discussed on chris moyles' show the other morning as he was a phone a friend for Richard and Judy, he was rung by someone on the show to let him know that R & J were in the hot seat and that he was to expect a call. He wasn't chosen though and if my memmory serves me correctly he was in the pub at the time so no rules about being home alone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    examinus wrote:
    WWTBAM is filmed the day before and the phone a friend person is told to be in. As simple as that.

It is usually longer than that now. Saw it filmed last week and it is going out on xmas day. Same even when not around Xmas. I think it was only the day before when they used to have loads of shows during the week.

:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    examinus wrote:
    I saw a programme about this. WWTBAM is filmed the day before and the phone a friend person is told to be in. As simple as that.

Obviously if they aren't in, they edit it out ;).

It is a bit more involvd than that.

The contestant submits several phone numbers. When they
    win 'fastest fingers first' there is a camera break. This gives them a chance to move the sets into place, get the husband/wife into the right part of the studio, put a microphone on the contestant... and phone up the phone a friends to put them on standby for a potential call.

If they can't get through then they won't use them as a potential phone a friend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    multiple post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    multiple post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK Larry, no need for three posts :p.

Admins fix?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    examinus wrote:
    OK Larry, no need for three posts :p.

Admins fix?

Yeah in between writing the post and pressing send something went wrong with the forum, unfortunately it was still accepting posts hence there were 3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The forums were playing up for me this morning too ;). Seems to be sorted now.. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a bit more involvd than that.

The contestant submits several phone numbers. When they
    win 'fastest fingers first' there is a camera break. This gives them a chance to move the sets into place, get the husband/wife into the right part of the studio, put a microphone on the contestant... and phone up the phone a friends to put them on standby for a potential call.

If they can't get through then they won't use them as a potential phone a friend.

This is always noticeable. When Chris stands up to ask the question and give the answers, the centre console (ie chairs, screens etc) isn't there, but when the person comes up to Chris and they walk down it is obvious they break and put everything in place :)
  • Options
    paulsandersonpaulsanderson Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who wants to be a millionair as you all know
    is pre recorded
    so if no one was in who would care anyway
    since there has been a few winners on the programme
    it should be re named i think
    who wants to be a billionair
    then we all might want to watch this stale bread programme
  • Options
    pjb007pjb007 Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have discussed this before.

All the contestants appearing on the show phone their 5 friends in advance and tell them then they need to be in, that they are not to make any out going called between recording hours and any incoming called must be ended quickly unless its Chris Tarrent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've often wondered about the people that accompany the contestants to the studio. If my husband was on the show I'd be quite insulted if he didn't want me as a phone a friend!
  • Options
    simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dad was lined up as one of five "Phone a Friends" and the rule was he had to be in during the recording of the programme; all incoming calls were to be kept VERY SHORT; and to make NO OUTGOING calls.

Thankfully the person who was lined up for the show, never got picked!