Options

New Sub-Menu on Index Page of BBCi..

GDB3-FreeviewGDB3-Freeview Posts: 381
Forum Member
Anyone guess of what this blank space could be if anything, at thw bottom of the page?

Comments

• Options
    Mark SmithMark Smith Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't seem to be anything. I suppose it's only there so that the page looks more "complete"...some sections have ten pages listed in the index (such as news) but there are only nine main sections, but to provide symmetry the bottom line where the tenth section would be if there was one, has been left as a blank box instead of leaving a space there.

It's strange they haven't done the same for the right hand side though...sections with less than ten items simply have blank space instead of empty boxes.

I could be wrong though....
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are some of the number codes like '1200' is it not meant to be a 3 digit service like Ceefax?
  • Options
    Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was that where Bitesize was or did I miss it?
  • Options
    MuzerMuzer Posts: 3,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are some of the number codes like '1200' is it not meant to be a 3 digit service like Ceefax?
    Look in help--page numbers.
    I'll explain:
    Pages that have an equivelent page on Cefax have 3-digit numbers.
    Pages that are BBCi exclusive have 4-digit numbers
  • Options
    comicsansserifcomicsansserif Posts: 3,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the new index accessed via the blue button. The old one used to bring up a quick little box bottom right with the main section headings and it was very quick and easy to navigate using this. Now the new version is a full page MHEG with takes longer to load and also has to load another set of info for each section as you scroll down it. It's incredibly slow and annoying next to the old one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The now empty box was indeed for Bitesize and linked to the BBC Bitesize Revision service, it was there since the new INDEX page was added but now gone.