Options

Jump Britain (Channel 4)

Roy's KeenRoy's Keen Posts: 681
Forum Member
✭✭
I just have one thing to ask about this programme.

Why? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was quality! Jackass with class!

I was well impressed, a bunch of boys who look like they could be in the Blazin' Squad, or out robbing corner shops, who have disciplined themselves into a sport comparable to martial arts crossed with ballet crossed with gymnastics!

Have to respect them for that.

Can see it turning into a 'Cirque du Soleil' type theatre show.

If this encourages inner city kids with nothing better to do than hang around housing estates causing trouble, to direct their energy into something skilled and productive then it has to be a positive thing dontcha think?

:)
  • Options
    CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,487
    Forum Member
    I like it (I'd do it if was 10 years younger); I just worry about what those guys (and the odd gal) are doing to their knees with all of those impacts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quality programme indeed. Millenium stadium, did you see that jump?!
    Excellent choice of backing music. I don't think any other channel would air such a programme with so few words during the main part.
    Great comment from that woman "Never seen anything like that before but it looks fantastic"
    Well done Channel 4!
    Something greater than the sum of its parts..
  • Options
    Roy's KeenRoy's Keen Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There must be a full moon tonight...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Yeah i thought it was well done, cool programme
  • Options
    SwipeSwipe Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    Great programme. I saw the one a while back where they all came to freerun the London roof tops. Makes a change from kids gathering on street corners smoking and drinking. I caught their interview on Radio 5 this morning, it would have been much better though if it had been done by anyone other than that plonka, Richard Bacon. How the hell he got that radio job I'll never know, but that's for another forum :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Roy's Keen wrote:
    I just have one thing to ask about this programme.

Why? :confused:

It's like asking why climb Everest? Because it's there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like the last one, it was better when they showed them doing their own thing.
    The over-directed arty-farty main feature was a snooze to watch, except for the amazing jump over the footy ground roof.
    Hardly new though, me and my mates were doing that sort of stuff 15 years ago, simply out of boredom and "i dare ya" style kiddie recklessness.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    SPARKLE1 wrote:
    I thought it was quality! Jackass with class!

I was well impressed, a bunch of boys who look like they could be in the Blazin' Squad, or out robbing corner shops, who have disciplined themselves into a sport comparable to martial arts crossed with ballet crossed with gymnastics!

Have to respect them for that.

Can see it turning into a 'Cirque du Soleil' type theatre show.

If this encourages inner city kids with nothing better to do than hang around housing estates causing trouble, to direct their energy into something skilled and productive then it has to be a positive thing dontcha think?

:)

Yeah, well said. Having said that, some of those stunts looked f***ing dangerous, they're risking death with some of those jumps. It might turn out to be one of those new fashionable crazes that come round every now and again but kids end up in hospital cos of.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Great programme.

Lots of skill and flair shown by the expert freerunners.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was confused. There was one scene where this chap kept jumping over these guns. If he had have moved a few yards to his right he would have been able to avoid them all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Quality programme, and the bit with the jumps and music was strangely relaxing!
  • Options
    SydneyHopperSydneyHopper Posts: 10,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The running within the spirit of overcoming each obstacle is a remarkably profound but simple statement.

Though why not take the bus around these buildings?
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Visually stunning!

An interesting programme, well worth watching.

Not that i would be mad enougth to try it at those heights!
  • Options
    Dave_EDave_E Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missed it!!! any idea when it's on E4??
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was confused. There was one scene where this chap kept jumping over these guns. If he had have moved a few yards to his right he would have been able to avoid them all.

that cracked me up :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    I thought this was a brilliant program, a great follow up to jump london a few months ago.
    Really makes me think that we are capable of so much more in this world but we don't use our bodies to their full potential. It was like watching the monkeys at the zoo jump from branch to branch fearlessly and completely in control of every movement then realising we could all do that but we are probably the laziest species on the planet
    At least now there is one frenchman in the world I admire
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great camerawork....

praise to the producers too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    I think the first one was better then last night's. The first one was really the first time it had been showcased. I also liked seeing people's reactions to it for the first time, as they were sat at cafe's and these guys would just leap off the building landing next to them and then just run off down the street.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Hey, did they mention the name of the game on that programme, you know the one that that guy with the ponytail was playing? Thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH crumbs did i miss it??! it looked awesome, 10x better than the first one!!!! is it gona be repeated?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure it's the 15th on E4. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    I have searched the net and can't find any info on that game at all. Apart from a few screenshots on IGN there isn't really anything else about it. Looks to me from what we saw on the show it'll be a Tony Hawkes type thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it'll probably be called
    parkour : the game
    freerunning: the game
    or, seeing as the real freerunners are in it, it could be named after that french guy.
    just thoughts :)
  • Options
    TheCableGuyTheCableGuy Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a great programme. I enjoyed the choreography of the whole thing, and the music that went with it (produced for the show, or sourced?).

One of the best was the scene in the shopping centre. How i would love to be able to do all that kind of thing.

I also quite admire the strength the French guy had - when seeing him almost throw himself at walls and climbing up them. It almost had a real life Spiderman feel to it.

I missed te first programme (Jump London), but there appears to be a DVD of the show - would people recommend buying this?