Options

"the people in iraq"

biomorph04biomorph04 Posts: 4,201
Forum Member
✭✭✭
germaine is pointing out that spending on the iraq war is like the cost of tsunami relief...... every week.

"i respect the people in iraq soooo much" says kenzie

"which people" asks germaine "there are many people"

"the soldiers" says kenzie

oh boy oh boy oh boy, we ARE doomed.........

Comments

• Options
    Juicy BugJuicy Bug Posts: 3,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's fair enough to respect the soliders who are risking their lives, regardless of whether you support the war or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juicy Bug wrote:
    I think it's fair enough to respect the soliders who are risking their lives, regardless of whether you support the war or not.

but they are not "the people in iraq"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biomorph04 wrote:
    but they are not "the people in iraq"

Well they are people, and they are in Iraq. Although I take your point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its the sentiment that matters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juicy Bug wrote:

the people in iraq are being bombed in their thousands,

arrested indiscrimnately..... tortured......

suffering lack of electricity

destroyed homes

danger

depleted uranium

poisoned water supplies etc etc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    they are people, and they are in Iraq, he could have worded it better, but he wasn't wrong.
  • Options
    SOTVSOTV Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Juicy Bug wrote:

is anyone out there FOR the war but AGAINST the troops?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SOTV wrote:
    is anyone else out there FOR the war but AGAINST the troops?

You been drinking along with the housemates?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biomorph04 wrote:

destroyed homes

danger

depleted uranium

I love the way you put "danger" in the middle there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Juicy Bug wrote:
    You been drinking along with the housemates?

nope, just not a fan of war but believe we need to secure oil resources for future financial stability.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GG: Do you know much the war in Iraq is costing us?
    Kenzie: I'm not interested in things like that.

Ah, bless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juicy Bug wrote:
    I love the way you put "danger" in the middle there.

i type with one finger, it can't always keep up with my thoughts
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bevheth wrote:

Ah, bless.

Lol, ignorance is bliss.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,244
    Forum Member
    Yeah I am anti war but I don't blame the soldiers they are part of a machine. If we ever did have a genuine emergency we would need them, instead of this war for oil malarky. The soldiers are alright by me met many here and there, not evil by heart in most cases.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biomorph04 wrote:

destroyed homes

danger

depleted uranium

Exactly.

And kenzie respects the soldiers.....Just the soldiers.

This is Kenzie who says he knows nothing about Iraq,...yet he respects the soldiers in a war he claims to know nothing about, and doesn't care about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly.

And kenzie respects the soldiers.....Just the soldiers.

This is Kenzie who says he knows nothing about Iraq,...yet he respects the soldiers in a war he claims to know nothing about, and doesn't care about.

this is the same guy who cannot pronounce the 'T' in his age, are you really surprised he is ignorant about world events?

This little kid is an example of much of what is wrong with this country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    War is a racket.

" I spent 33 years in the Marines. Most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism."

I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenue in. I helped in the rape of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street."
    ......General Smedley D. Butler, former U.S. Marine Commandant, November 1935

"If the public knew the truth, the war would end tomorrow. But they don't know and they can't know."
    - 1914, Former British Prime Minister David Lloyd George, to Manchester Guardian editor C.P. Scott,
    As quoted by Philip Knightly in his book 'The First Casualty: From the Crimea to Vietnam - Correspondent as Hero, Propagandist and Myth-maker'

"The Pentagon recently justified its’ position on censorship by insisting: ‘If we let people see that kind of thing, there would never again be any war.’"
    - from ‘Military Blunders’ – article by Geoffrey Regan in ‘Night and Day’ (Mail on Sunday supplement) 23rd January 2000
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Juicy Bug wrote:

What about the civilians who are also risking their lives by simply living in their own country. And have no option but to abide by decisions that are made for them by someone else?
    They don't have a choice to remove themselves from that risk.

Do they not also deserve respect?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biomorph04 wrote:
    War is a racket.

" I spent 33 years in the Marines. Most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism."

I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenue in. I helped in the rape of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street."
    ......General Smedley D. Butler, former U.S. Marine Commandant, November 1935

"If the public knew the truth, the war would end tomorrow. But they don't know and they can't know."
    - 1914, Former British Prime Minister David Lloyd George, to Manchester Guardian editor C.P. Scott,
    As quoted by Philip Knightly in his book 'The First Casualty: From the Crimea to Vietnam - Correspondent as Hero, Propagandist and Myth-maker'

"The Pentagon recently justified its’ position on censorship by insisting: ‘If we let people see that kind of thing, there would never again be any war.’"
    - from ‘Military Blunders’ – article by Geoffrey Regan in ‘Night and Day’ (Mail on Sunday supplement) 23rd January 2000

all very true but if the civilised nations do not control the last few drops of oil for the next 40 years then uncivilisied nations hold the power.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bevheth wrote:

Ah, bless.

How sweet.

As long as something doesn't harm his sweet pretty head, everything's fine with him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How sweet.

As long as something doesn't harm his sweet pretty head, everything's fine with him.

I hate Kenzie but he is right for the wrong reasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Invaders always say that they come as liberators

"a propaganda poster from World War II, depicts a strapping young SS officer holding a smiling local kid in his arms. "Trust the German soldier," the caption exhorts citizens of occupied France.

But when liberation came in 1945, Frenchmen who had obeyed that poster were shot as collaborators.

instead it was the men and women who resisted, the so called "terrorists" who shot German soldiers, cut phone lines and bombed trains, it was they who received medals and pensions.

Invaders always say that they come as liberators, but it's almost never true. Whether you live in Paris or Baghdad or New York, you're expected to know that, and to act accordingly."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the civilians who are also risking their lives by simply living in their own country. And have no option but to abide by decisions that are made for them by someone else?

Yes, and what about the civilians that were disguted by the people who marched against the War, after begging for years for help to remove Saddam, some of whom are now fighting with our soldiers?

Do they deserve respect?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biomorph04 wrote:
    Invaders always say that they come as liberators

"a propaganda poster from World War II, depicts a strapping young SS officer holding a smiling local kid in his arms. "Trust the German soldier," the caption exhorts citizens of occupied France.

But when liberation came in 1945, Frenchmen who had obeyed that poster were shot as collaborators.

instead it was the men and women who resisted, the so called "terrorists" who shot German soldiers, cut phone lines and bombed trains, it was they who received medals and pensions.

Invaders always say that they come as liberators, but it's almost never true. Whether you live in Paris or Baghdad or New York, you're expected to know that, and to act accordingly."

so you would prefer that unequal, uncivilised nations controlled the last few drops of oil on this planet and use their financial muscle to dictate to us how to live our lives?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SOTV wrote:
    this is the same guy who cannot pronounce the 'T' in his age, are you really surprised he is ignorant about world events?

This little kid is an example of much of what is wrong with this country.

In some ways I have to agree with you.

Me, me , me, instant gratification culture.
    The way he has been "americanized" suggests that he is more interested with his own desires, whims, and hedonistic needs, and cares less about his fellow man.

It looks like he has taken the lazy option, and his greed controls what's important in his life.
    He has been taught to be a good little consumer, where "Cool" is the only thing in this world that matters. And he has been a willing pupil.