The Friday Night Project?

paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
Forum Member
✭✭
Been seeing little 10-15 second teasers on Channel 4 and E4 advert breaks for this. What is it? Does anyone know?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Yep...

'The Friday Night Project is a fab new show for Channel 4.

It's a one hour big studio comedy entertainment series starring the award winning Jimmy Carr and special celebrity guests. He will also be joined in the studio by a guest host everyweek.

This fantastic show is packed full of funny games and strands mostly inspired by the presence of the guest host.'

What I can get from that and the little tags is that Jimmy Carr will host but have guests who will guest host in a way and come up ideas and games for the programme.
    Sounds fun and that way every show should be different.
  • paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds not too bad, but will it be like Distraction where the (celebrity) guests have to do tasks and things, or will it be an interview show? This isn't the show produced by Chris Evans is it?
  • paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, where did you get that excerpt from?
  • motor mouthmotor mouth Posts: 4,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god no more Jimmy Carr! grrrrrrrr
  • robhirobhi Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just Jimmy Carr, I believe there's a group of regular stand ups (I think he's just the best known) who will form the team doing the comedy bits, there'll also be a musical act on every week.....hang on a minute, team of stand ups doing sketches, a celebrity host who'll also be involved in the sketches and a musical act.....I'm sure that sounds familiar...(cough) Saturday Night Live (cough).
  • NetizenNetizen Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    Isn't Jonny Vegas also involved? I'm sure he was on Richard & Judy not so long ago talking about some crazy stunts or something they have filmed already.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god no more Jimmy Carr! grrrrrrrr

I quite like Jimmy Carr (got the DVD foe xmas). But what is it with him and C4 recentely, he was on loads over xmas, and now this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Netizen wrote:
    Isn't Jonny Vegas also involved? I'm sure he was on Richard & Judy not so long ago talking about some crazy stunts or something they have filmed already.

Hasn't Johnny Vegas got a new show coming to Channel 4, I'm not sure if it's the same, I thought it was a chat show where guests were people with nothing to plug, i.e. just on to be on, rather than to plug something or for a reason. This was being made by UMTV (chris evans company).
  • dvboydvboy Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ENTERTAINMENT: Friday Night Project
    Channel: Channel 4 104
    Date: Friday 4th February 2005
    Time: 22:00 to 23:10 (starting in 10 days)
    Duration: 1 hour and 10 minutes.
    New comedy entertainment for Friday night with comedians Jimmy Carr, Rob Rouse, Sharon Horgan and Lucy Montgomery. Special guests include Vinnie Jones and Charlie from Busted's new band, Fightstar. Guests complete challenges with the public and participate in themed comedy throughout the show. Vinnie goes to the dogs in Walthamstow, and Abi Titmuss makes an appearance.
    (Subtitles)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.digiguide.com. Copyright ©1999-2004 GipsyMedia Ltd. Information copied from DigiGuide cannot be re-distributed, sold or used without prior written consent from GipsyMedia Ltd. All rights reserved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ENTERTAINMENT: Friday Night Project
    Channel: Channel 4 104
    Date: Friday 4th February 2005
    Time: 22:00 to 23:10 (starting in 10 days)
    Duration: 1 hour and 10 minutes.
    New comedy entertainment for Friday night with comedians Jimmy Carr, Rob Rouse, Sharon Horgan and Lucy Montgomery. Special guests include Vinnie Jones and Charlie from Busted's new band, Fightstar. Guests complete challenges with the public and participate in themed comedy throughout the show. Vinnie goes to the dogs in Walthamstow, and Abi Titmuss makes an appearance.
    (Subtitles)

Sounds awfull :rolleyes:

Jimmy Carr, Vinnie Jones "Charlie from Busted" and Abi Titmuss all in one show :rolleyes: :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im looking forward to it actually...
  • LemonadeLemonade Posts: 4,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catzy wrote:
    Im looking forward to it actually...

Same here. If it's cheap, trash it..... :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,425
    Forum Member
    It could blow up in Channel 4's face if it doesn't work but it probably will go well. It might be similar to that show with Zoe Ball and Colin Murray (name?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sounds good, worth a watch.
  • NetizenNetizen Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    imno12u wrote:
    It might be similar to that show with Zoe Ball and Colin Murray (name?)

Born Sloppy. Fairly rubbish it was too, tried too hard to be trendy.
    Forum Member
    Poor looking start, might pick up.
    Forum Member
    Changed my mind, It's redeemable
  • SvaughanSvaughan Posts: 2,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its good! I like it
  • cromerladcromerlad Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It ain't bad...Jones was a bit wooden during his 'monologue' but he's settling down, enjoying the 'other' male co-presenter more than Carr. Although I have to admire Jimmy for taking a 'backseat' on this one.
  • tonbangerattytonbangeratty Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really sh*t - I've never gone to bed before 10:30pm on a Friday night before (well I haven't gone to bed yet obviously, but the night's viewing is most definitely over!) :mad:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really sh*t - I've never gone to bed before 10:30pm on a Friday night before (well I haven't gone to bed yet obviously, but the night's viewing is most definitely over!) :mad:

Gotta agree with you - it is truly appalling. Vinnie Jones is just a talentless thug who should not be given any time at all. Jimmy Carr can do a LOT better than this.

& who's the irish bird? Terrible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    This is a pile of shit! Could just be this week's choice of guests.

If they get some decent guests on it may get good. Reminds me a bit of Have I Got News For You's style of a different host each week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    & who's the irish bird? Terrible.
    "Fightstar" (or shi*estar as i affectionately hate them). There was a reason why Busted split it would seem...
  • cromerladcromerlad Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How the hell does 'Charlay' hope everyone to distiguish between busted and "fight"star...god help his other bandmates...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it. Apart from this hideous noise at the end by the twat from Busted. Vinnie was great. It's a pity it's not his show, not keen on Jimmy Carr, he seems a bit stiff and nervous. Gazza looks ill, and like he's about 50 years old.