Options

Toshiba RD-XS32 - DVD Playback Problem

Hi all!

Bought a multi-region RD-XS32 from RGB Direct a couple of months back and have noticed it hangs/freezes quite often during playback of pre-recorded DVDs - proper published ones - I haven't really tried it with DVDRs or anything else yet.

It happens maybe once every couple of minutes or so and perhaps for up to a half second - very similar to a layer transition pause. Tried lots of discs and the same result.

Has anybody had any experience of this on this player/other players? It's looking increasingly duff to me, which is a shame...

Phil ;-)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I had the exact same problem with an XS32 from RGB Direct - the player is faulty, return it for a new model.

I think this is a common fault as a few other people have reported the same.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Thanks robbieb!

I've spoken to RGB Direct, however they say it still has to go down the 'Toshiba repair' path as it is two months old, so goodness knows if/when I'll see it again...

Phil ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Incidentally, as RGB Direct have 'multi-regioned' this unit, does anybody know how manufacturers feel about getting units like these back? I would expect any manufacturer warranty to be void?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I've read elsewhere that Toshiba will change it back to a R2 machine.

I had to send my second xs32 to Toshiba and it came back still multi-region. Not sure if RGB Direct re-modified before returning to me or if Toshiba left it as it was.

Rob
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmm... Well, I've posted it back now so we'll see what happens. Just wish I'd checked it a bit sooner so it wasn't costing me to send it back.

Shame that one thing has let it down so far as it seems a smashing unit otherwise.

The editing capabilities looked a bit daunting at first, however after a few hours it all seems pretty intuitive - and really precise. It by far exceeds what I expected from a consumer HDD/DVD recorder.

Fortunately I managed to use it to archive a much needed clearout of my Sky Plus before it went back!