Options

Ant'n'Dec

MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it just me or are Ant and Dec actually quite funny? I started watching Saturday Night Takeaway on the off chance and the bit where they set up various celebs is hilarious! And they're just so little and cute, you can't help but like them!

Comments

• Options
    ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member
    I love Ant & Dec - they are funny (oh, I don't care if it's written for them) and their chemistry is infectious :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lurve them :D

their show is what saturday nights are all about for me... they are the only thing that gets me off the computer and makes me switch on the telly :D

when they aren't on saturday nights are just dull
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I love em to bits. Especially their impressions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,887
    Forum Member
    Moonbean wrote:
    Is it just me or are Ant and Dec actually quite funny? I started watching Saturday Night Takeaway on the off chance and the bit where they set up various celebs is hilarious! And they're just so little and cute, you can't help but like them!

Yeah, I like them too :D
    But I got to ask, whcih one is which ??? :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Bonze wrote:
    Yeah, I like them too :D
    But I got to ask, whcih one is which ??? :o

Don't something like 70% of the population not know this?

Ant is the darker haired one. I believe he always stands on the audiences right.
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Ant is the taller one, Dec is the littler one.
  • Options
    NewcastleNewcastle Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    remember when they were on Byker Grove as PJ and Duncan- i used to love that show
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chemistry between them is fantastic, I think they are funny, but not to the extent of winning comedy awards- leave that to the pros.

I have loved every show they have done, they are good tv presenters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,887
    Forum Member
    Moonbean wrote:
    Yeah, Ant is the taller one, Dec is the littler one.
    Thanks for that :)

Just looked them up on the ITV website, so now I know!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    They always stand in the same place, i.e. Ant on the left as you look at the screen and Dec on the right. if you remember that you will know which is which. or alternatively Dec is the shorter one!

And yes they are great. As you say it is scripted but they have superb chemistry and as someone else said it is what Saturday night TV is all about!!! - lighthearted fun, not too serious.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire55 wrote:
    They always stand in the same place, i.e. Ant on the left as you look at the screen and Dec on the right. if you remember that you will know which is which. or alternatively Dec is the shorter one!

And yes they are great. As you say it is scripted but they have superb chemistry and as someone else said it is what Saturday night TV is all about!!! - lighthearted fun, not too serious.

I totally agree. Whether it is scripted or not they have a natural chemistry , they gel very well. And I think their type of show is excellent all round family entertainment ideal for early Saturday evening, dare I say like it used to be when I was a kid. My mother thinks they are the new Morcambe and Wise, I don't know whether they are to that level yet but they are on their way.

On another point, in real life , they used to stay in a hotel I managed a few years back when they were doing their show on the BBC. I must say they were incredibly polite and genuinely nice guys. And when they used to return from filming there were always some fans hanging around outside the hotel and never a day went past when they would not at least stop for a chat with them and sign some autographs etc. As I said two very decent gentlemen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newcastle wrote:
    remember when they were on Byker Grove as PJ and Duncan- i used to love that show

Lets get ready to rumble :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote:
    On another point, in real life , they used to stay in a hotel I managed a few years back when they were doing their show on the BBC. I must say they were incredibly polite and genuinely nice guys. And when they used to return from filming there were always some fans hanging around outside the hotel and never a day went past when they would not at least stop for a chat with them and sign some autographs etc. As I said two very decent gentlemen.

I would have expected nothing less than this - they do seem like really nice lads who appreciate how lucky they are :)
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love them because they're 2 'ordinary' lads who have to some extent got lucky, but also have become incredibly successful. They genuinely seem to enjoy their fame and you don't see them moaning about 'press intrusion'...

Yes, they're probably heavily scripted bit it works - it's a bit like having 2 cheeky younger brothers in your living room....

Also - I actually bought the 12 inch CD single of 'Let's get ready to rumble'... :eek:

*Leaves country with a fake passport*

:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Also - I actually bought the 12 inch CD single of 'Let's get ready to rumble'... :eek:

*Leaves country with a fake passport*

:eek:

I can beat that :o

*hushed whisper*

I've got their album :o:o:o:o

*SBGQ implodes along with any credibility she may have had*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,142
    Forum Member
    I think you mean 'Rhumble'.....

*whispers* ive been to see them live as pj and duncan :o:o:o

*slips away quietly* :D
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

*hushed whisper*

OH.MY.GOD.

I don't think words can express how much I'm laughing at this present moment :eek: :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh, that's far worse than mine - seeing PJ & Duncan in the 'live experience' hardly compares to being bought their album as a gift (even if I did choose it :o ) :D

Hang your head in shame lady! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OH.MY.GOD.

I don't think words can express how much I'm laughing at this present moment :eek: :)

Yes, that's right - you laugh at my expense! :cry:;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    They are funny, but to be honest, there's only about 25% of the show that is actually really good. A lot of it , like the "will you keep the prizes you've already won " is complete infantile crap!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member

*hushed whisper*

Well there are a lot of hushed whispers going on and there was a loud bang and I was splashed with imploding credibility as I walked in, BUT.... girls Im with you !
    Ant and Dec ARE extremely funny, entertaining and most of all, terrific at live presenting - which is very difficult. Ive caught a bit of their Saturday night show and though Ive enjoyed it, its spoiled by the screeching, thousand decibel audience IMO .... :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member

*whispers* you're not the only one :o

Worse than that, I think I still know all the words to all their songs - even the hidden track at the end of "The Cult of Ant & Dec" album (the album where they stopped being known as PJ and Duncan - or Peej & Deej as my friends and I referred to them). :o

*hangs head in shame, although in some strange way, I do feel slightly proud of it as well*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well there are a lot of hushed whispers going on and there was a loud bang and I was splashed with imploding credibility as I walked in, BUT.... girls Im with you !
    Ant and Dec ARE extremely funny, entertaining and most of all, terrific at live presenting - which is very difficult. Ive caught a bit of their Saturday night show and though Ive enjoyed it, its spoiled by the screeching, thousand decibel audience IMO .... :mad:

They were fantastic on Pop Idol (the first one) - my favourite being them dressed up as Simon Cowell (Dec) and Pete Waterman (Ant) and recreating a fight the real two had had the week before

'Swear at me would you Cowell?' lol :D

I guess you had to be there :o

And they make I'm A Celeb, Get Me Out Of Here :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jessikart wrote:

Worse than that, I think I still know all the words to all their songs - even the hidden track at the end of "The Cult of Ant & Dec" album (the album where they stopped being known as PJ and Duncan - or Peej & Deej as my friends and I referred to them). :o

*hangs head in shame, although in some strange way, I do feel slightly proud of it as well*

Well, to throw more fuel to the fire, I liked 'Eternal Love' :o

And I have never, ever found a secret track on any album :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    jessikart wrote:

Bless.
    :D