Options

Dirty Den rumoured to return in John Yorkes plan

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
Forum Member
As I mentioned earlier in another I have an uncle working for the BBC in BBC 1 and he has heard rumours that John Yorke is planning to bring Den Watts back again.

Apparently Yorke was incensed with Kathleen Hutchinson about her axing Den beacuse of the potential storylines that he could have had with the Mitchells and other popular EE charachters.

My uncle has a very good job in the BBC and this information is not a pack of lies.

What do others think of this?

Comments

• Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way.
    I would really like Den to return,but that would be ridiculous.
  • Options
    WisteriaWisteria Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that's true then EastEnders is finished.
  • Options
    ConnexionsConnexions Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He can't bring him back as an alive character the show would be a laughing stock the most they can plausibly do is have the three witches haunted by the memories etc. I doubt even EastEnders would consider bringing him back from the dead a third time and keeping him as an alive character and I doubt Leslie Grantham would agree to come back either. Apparently it took him long enough to come back last time because they didn't come up with the right story and the one they finally came up with had more holes than a lump of swiss cheese but this one really would take the biscuit. I think you don't really have an uncle who works for the BBC and you are just trying to have everyone throwing cheap digs and laughs at the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    I would LOVE this!
    I always thought it was a waste to kill him off.
    So he won't be under the Vic - obviously that's why we didn't see them bury him.
  • Options
    WalfordWillWalfordWill Posts: 6,686
    Forum Member
    I don't see how this could happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    The Bisch wrote:
    Apparently Yorke was incensed with Kathleen Hutchinson about her axing Den beacuse of the potential storylines that he could have had with the Mitchells and other popular EE charachters.
    I thought Den's future was sealed when LB was there and the whole internet thing happened. KH was there for the filming of the scenes but his destiny had been forged had it not?
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I he was to have survived.
    Chrissie put him uder all that paper stuff in his grave.
    He could have escaped.Chrissie wasnt wacthin all the time was she.
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    I suppose the only way this could "realistically" happen is if Den isn't really buried in the cellar and isn't really dead and Chrissie has been lying about it, but even that's stretching it way way way way way too far!

I think it would definitely be the end of the show if this happened!

Laura xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It can't and it won't these trolls have been saying this for some time now trying to turn EastEnders into a laughing stock. I think it all happened when the sun made a dig that Den could return as a ghost.
    If this is true then they better start auditions because they won't get LG on board, he's supposed to be writing a book about them all isn't he? I cannot see him returning for this.
  • Options
    Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My uncles uncle said they were bringing back Arthur , in a top secret script. Pauline installs a shower and opens the door, Authur turns around and says 'Good morning'. Viewers are left wondering the outcome of this cliffhanger. Chrissie later bashes him in the head with a marrow and buries him in the alotment. A battle later ensues over the legal owner of the alotment shed. :D
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Wisteria wrote:

Completely. They destroyed a massive amount of credibility last time bringing him back, do it again and they might as well put up the 'Closed' sign on EE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My uncles uncle said they were bringing back Arthur , in a top secret script. Pauline installs a shower and opens the door, Authur turns around and says 'Good morning'. Viewers are left wondering the outcome of this cliffhanger. Chrissie later bashes him in the head with a marrow and buries him in the alotment. A battle later ensues over the legal owner of the alotment shed. :D
    ROFL yeah bringing Den back could rival that plot in the fantasy stakes :D
  • Options
    Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wisteria wrote:

Of course its not true. As if.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course its not true you silly cah! lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The author probably won't post again lol
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    see the pig :O?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bisch wrote:
    As I mentioned earlier in another I have an uncle working for the BBC in BBC 1 and he has heard rumours that John Yorke is planning to bring Den Watts back again.

My uncle has a very good job in the BBC and this information is not a pack of lies.

What do others think of this?
    I think someone might be telling porkies... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tee hee good one!!!! Bringing Den back, well that's just stupid :rolleyes: he's dead.... live with it people!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wisteria wrote:

I agree. There is no way this could happen. Bringing him back once was stretching things, twice would be the final nail in EEs' coffin. I really hope that this is another fabricated rumor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    See we didt actully see Den been buried,you could survive been hit over the head by a heavy object in soapland.

Remember in that episode when Den was killed he said to Little Mo,Im indestructiveable(spelling)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course its not true you silly cah! lol
    You crack me up! Have you got a website I'll make a donation? Your Cah comments have me in stitches everytime :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    i'd love this to happen, it can happen. I thought them killing Den off was a huge mistake. I'm not keeping my hopes up, but it'd be great, and i'd watch Eastenders again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd love this to happen, it can happen. I thought them killing Den off was a huge mistake. I'm not keeping my hopes up, but it'd be great, and i'd watch Eastenders again.
    No you wouldn't watch again because the programme would axed within weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You'd be about the only person watching, even I'd turn off then lol IMagine the headlines

DENS' RETURN SENDS EASTENDERS TO SOAP GRAVE - The Mirror

"DENDENDENDENDENDOH! ENDERS ITS ROCK BOTTOM" - The Daily Scum

"AND THATS THE ENDER THAT! EASTIES AXED AS 1 VIEWER WATCHES DEN'S RETURN" - The Sun

:D

Meanwhile DS reports that EastEnders lost out in a ratings war with Jenny Does Cakes on ITV1 lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be so ridiculous even you can't be a fan of someone so much that you would want the show to get axed.