Options

The Official Ian Hyland Hate Thread.

SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Ian Hayland is by far the worst column writer I have ever had the pain of reading. This man has nothing better to do than to slag off everything that comes onto the television screen. I don't understand why these people feel the need to be ruthless and nasty, just to make themselves known.

He writes every week in his column that Dale Wintons catchphase on Celebrity Fit CLub is stupid "Remember you can eat, but don't cheat", Now I wouldn't mind, but his own catchprase is "The TV Critic with a widescreen mouth"- what is that, It's the worst catchphrase or slogan one could possibly use.

This man has nothing good to say about anyone or anything, and I for one, can not stand him, and I have never even met him.

The Sunday Mirror need to rid him of their newspaper.

Comments

• Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lavasoft wrote:
    Ian Hayland is by far the worst column writer I have ever had the pain of reading. This man has nothing better to do than to slag off everything that comes onto the television screen. I don't understand why these people feel the need to be ruthless and nasty, just to make themselves known.

He writes every week in his column that Dale Wintons catchphase on Celebrity Fit CLub is stupid "Remember you can eat, but don't cheat", Now I wouldn't mind, but his own catchprase is "The TV Critic with a widescreen mouth"- what is that, It's the worst catchphrase or slogan one could possibly use.

This man has nothing good to say about anyone or anything, and I for one, can not stand him, and I have never even met him.

The Sunday Mirror need to rid him of their newspaper.

It's Hyland not Hayland :eek:
    I think it's good to write with a level of vitriol about telly and showbiz - lest we take it all too seriously.
    I think he writes well and is very funny so personally I don't have a problem with him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Hyland not Hayland :eek:
    I think it's good to write with a level of vitriol about telly and showbiz - lest we take it all too seriously.
    I think he writes well and is very funny so personally I don't have a problem with him.

The man is vile, I can take some comments on tv shows and celebs, but this man has it so wrong.

I realised I had spelt it wrong and then I changed it.

Personally I think he has verbal diarrhea.
  • Options
    ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member
    Oh dear my fellow Showbiz colleagues - what am I going to do? :eek:

I love Ian Hyland - I think he's a great colomnist, very witty and sarcastic (just my type of humour) and on the whole, he's pretty fair. He's a good contributor on the programmes he takes part in and has a regular slot on 'The Wright Stuff' so he must be doing something right. Oh, and I also fancy the arse off him as I've said many a time on here :o:)

And he does like someone - Peter Kay - so there! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lavasoft wrote:
    The man is vile, I can take some comments on tv shows and celebs, but this man has it so wrong.

I realised I had spelt it wrong and then I changed it.

Personally I think he has verbal diarrhea.

He might have different viewpoints to you but that does not make him 'wrong'. If you object to him that strongly why 1) devote a thread to him, 2) even read him in the first place?

I'd far rather read him than bilge like Garry Bushell, commenting on 'top telly totty' and other inane rubbish. At least Hyland is witty and un-sycophantic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He might have different viewpoints to you but that does not make him 'wrong'. If you object to him that strongly why 1) devote a thread to him, 2) even read him in the first place?

I'd far rather read him than bilge like Garry Bushell, commenting on 'top telly totty' and other inane rubbish. At least Hyland is witty and un-sycophantic.

It's the very reason I object to him so strongly that I started a 'hate' thread for him, or didn't you read the title of this thread before you opened it.

I didnt say I read it, but occasionally, I do come across it, and have been meaning to create this thread for sometime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How anyone could fancy this man is beyond me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wright stuff is hardly must see TV- a good show but not brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lavasoft wrote:
    How anyone could fancy this man is beyond me.

How anyone could describe him as 'vile' is beyond me :confused:

On the other hand, Garry Bushell is a vile, sexist, unfunny bigot who shouldn't be allowed to air his views in public
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On the other hand, Garry Bushell is a vile, sexist, unfunny bigot who shouldn't be allowed to air his views in public

Well it's a good job I neither know or care who Gary Bushnell is, so why you are using him is beyond me.

The word vile is commonly used for nasty people, so it fits his description perfectly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lavasoft wrote:
    Well it's a good job I neither know or care who Gary Bushnell is, so why you are using him is beyond me.

The word vile is commonly used for nasty people, so it fits his description perfectly.

Garry Bushell is another TV critic. I believe that is why The Prumeister and myself have used him as an example.

The dictionary defination of vile is

'Definition
    vile [Show phonetics]
    adjective
    unpleasant, immoral and unacceptable'

Jordan is therefore vile. I don't believe Ian Hyland is. I don't think he's particularly nasty either. I tend to find myself agreeing with him most of the time. Take his column last week http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/hyland - I think he was quite tame about Jordan - in fact, most of the comments have already been said on here - and there is nothing in the whole piece that offends me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it's good you have the time to find the dictionary definition of the word vile, i'm just suprised the name Ian Hyland wasn't there already. That definition describes him prefectly.

It might not offend you, but what about all of the people he has ever said nasty things about in his column. The only reason he is nasty and vile to celebs and Tv shows in his column is to make a name for himself.

You are using Jordan as an example- how perfect, there are other people as well, Jordan's not the only person, he is vile to her and others. I don't know why you are using Jordan in this thread anyway, she does not define vile, he does.
  • Options
    Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Hyland's column can be quite funny sometimes but watching him on TV is just annoying. He often seems quick to insult women on TV based on their appearance but he is not exactly gorgeous himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ian Hyland's column can be quite funny sometimes but watching him on TV is just annoying. He often seems quick to insult women on TV based on their appearance but he is not exactly gorgeous himself.

Thats what i'm trying to say, he can be critical- which is fine, but being to critical is not fine, there is a line, he shouldn't cross it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even Phiona Phillips comments on him and his 'words', whether on TV or in her column.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lavasoft wrote:
    Even Phiona Phillips comments on him and his 'words', whether on TV or in her column.

Oh Fiona Phillips, that superb bastion of intellectual argument :confused: Her column is inane drivel, harping on about what a good parent she is, having to get up at 4am and have nannies look after them whilst she's at work, plus she's obsessed with celebrities' weight :yawn: He has probably (rightly) slagged her off in the past, hence her mentioning him.

Lavasoft - please can you provide a little more insight as to what it is about Ian Hyland you find so vile? You've given no real reason and don't seem to have any evidence to back your claims up. You admit you don't really read his column anyway...Garry Bushell is vile - he is another TV 'critic' who judges programmes purely on the basis of how 'fit' the women are in it, whether or not they got their tits out and his nasty facsist views on race and immigration.

Stop saying 'Ian Hyland is vile' WITHOUT providing a proper reason.
  • Options
    susan24susan24 Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with you about Gary Bushell. The man is a frustrated comic who having absolutely no talent, is bitter and twisted. And having no talent for writing either, resorts to nasty, derogatory, vile comments about people's physical appearance to try to obtain cheap laughs.

Ian Hyland might be sarcastic and witty, but he doesn't attack someone viciously just because he doesn't like the way they look!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lavasoft wrote:
    It might not offend you, but what about all of the people he has ever said nasty things about in his column. The only reason he is nasty and vile to celebs and Tv shows in his column is to make a name for himself.

You are using Jordan as an example- how perfect, there are other people as well, Jordan's not the only person, he is vile to her and others. I don't know why you are using Jordan in this thread anyway, she does not define vile, he does.

Well, I'm sure the celebrities he's 'nasty' about will get over it - it's giving them more exposure after all. As for Mr Hyland wanting to make a name for himself, it's worked hasn't it? After all, he now has his very own thread on Digital Spy and it's all thanks to you :rolleyes: Well done! It's some achievement for a TV critic :)

I was using Jordan as as example as 'vile' personified - she ticks all the boxes

Unpleasant - certainly
    Immoral - definitely
    Unacceptable - absolutely

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susan24 wrote:
    I have to agree with you about Gary Bushell. The man is a frustrated comic who having absolutely no talent, is bitter and twisted. And having no talent for writing either, resorts to nasty, derogatory, vile comments about people's physical appearance to try to obtain cheap laughs.

Ian Hyland might be sarcastic and witty, but he doesn't attack someone viciously just because he doesn't like the way they look!

Have you actually read the Jordan article?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lavasoft wrote:
    Have you actually read the Jordan article?

Yes, he's spot on - most of the comments have alreadsy been said on Digital Spy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member

Hear hear !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Fiona Phillips, that superb bastion of intellectual argument :confused: Her column is inane drivel, harping on about what a good parent she is, having to get up at 4am and have nannies look after them whilst she's at work, plus she's obsessed with celebrities' weight :yawn: He has probably (rightly) slagged her off in the past, hence her mentioning him.

Lavasoft - please can you provide a little more insight as to what it is about Ian Hyland you find so vile? You've given no real reason and don't seem to have any evidence to back your claims up. You admit you don't really read his column anyway...Garry Bushell is vile - he is another TV 'critic' who judges programmes purely on the basis of how 'fit' the women are in it, whether or not they got their tits out and his nasty facsist views on race and immigration.

Stop saying 'Ian Hyland is vile' WITHOUT providing a proper reason.

Have you even read any of my posts, because in all of them, I have said why Ian Hyland is vile.

He is vile because he does everything in his power to ridicule people, just to get himself recognised.

Desperate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hear hear !!!!!!!

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, he's spot on - most of the comments have alreadsy been said on Digital Spy

I wasn't asking you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    Lavasoft wrote:
    I wasn't asking you.
    :eek: dont you raise your eyes to me, young man ! ;) oh and this is a discussion thread, where we post our opinions, so "Im not asking you", just wont wash Im afraid. We dont need to be asked to comment, we just do. So ner :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    Lavasoft wrote:
    I wasn't asking you.

Don’t mess with the ShowBizGQ – she is Proper Bo!!