Options

Anyone else notice this tonight/Richard Park

mark2005mark2005 Posts: 178
Forum Member
Just watching tonights show back which I pvr'd as I had been out and noticed:

Just after Kim sang and Patrick Kielty and Richard Park had there verbal boxing match like usual,the shot went to a long shot of the judges and Richard Park is clearly seen saying 'wanker' to Paddy and gesturing wanker with his hand! :D

Comments

• Options
    Kirsty ScotKirsty Scot Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mark2005 wrote:
    Just watching tonights show back which I pvr'd as I had been out and noticed:

Just after Kim sang and Patrick Kielty and Richard Park had there verbal boxing match like usual,the shot went to a long shot of the judges and Richard Park is clearly seen saying 'wanker' to Paddy and gesturing wanker with his hand! :D

That is why Paddy started off the second show by saying thank you to Richard for waving at him in the first show ;)
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its been noticed by the beeb already ... Richard will be having to grovel to those in high places ....

I'm sure its a definite no no before 9 pm ...... :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Anyone got a screenshot of it, that wd be a class msn disp pic !!!
  • Options
    moogestermoogester Posts: 15,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I thought all the stories about Richard and Patrick hating each other was just hype :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Patrick mentioned it on BBC3 in his and Cat's interview. It'll be in the papers tomorrow apparently :)
  • Options
    tonbangerattytonbangeratty Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been watching 'Paddy' being interviewed on BBC3, where he commented on Richard's 'wave', hinting that it may have offended his young niece (presumably in the audience).

I doubt it Paddy - I'm sure a repellant g*bsh*t* like you gets 'waved' at all the time by the general public! I'm just looking forward to the day when Richard gets up out of his chair and punches the little tw*t in the face! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok I have converted it from my pvr to divx5 for you all.
    Watch carefully behind Cat's head at Richard Park

File around 400k

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1AH21O55N66H501FNDE27ROBH2

Also here when the above runs out of downloads:

http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3C7WQ032U1PF03BRW8FRUV8DOB

and here:

http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2BI39WKRMMI963K3OT7632GEQ8

And here:

http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=34RRF1ODPU6NN2GFJK44YEUIU1

Naughty headmaster now do 100 lines;"I must not do wanker gestures on national TV"
  • Options
    drexel75drexel75 Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Downloads don't appear to be working for me.
  • Options
    Kirsty ScotKirsty Scot Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have just been commenting on it on the live stream, and about the fact that it went out so early in the evening, surely Parky must be taken to task over this, very unprofessional:p

Thank you Mark2005, I was watching the show, but I missed that, although it was pretty obvious;) maybe I should visit the optician :D
  • Options
    T--JT--J Posts: 19,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks mark2005. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    drexel75 try copying link location and pasting in new window.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might rwquest that Rickard Park be added to the list of candidates for eviction....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link etc, I didnt spot it earlier, very clear to see now, he wont be able to talk his way out of that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    for those who don't have divx,here is the screenshot:

10626_parky.jpeg

as valskey said:"he wont be able to talk his way out of that."
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I much prefer Richard to Patrick.

Richard is right.
    Patrick is a psychophantic little "wanker", who licks up to every single contestant to curry favour with the public.

Richard there is to be a judge (whether you agree with his opinions or not).
    Patrick is there to host, not to contradict the judges to show that he is a "nice" man.

Honestly, I'm not surprised that Kielty gets on Richard's nerves. Kielty would annoy the shit out of me if I was a judge and he kept trying to undermine me just to try and be popular with the viewers.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been watching 'Paddy' being interviewed on BBC3, where he commented on Richard's 'wave', hinting that it may have offended his young niece (presumably in the audience).

I doubt it Paddy - I'm sure a repellant g*bsh*t* like you gets 'waved' at all the time by the general public! I'm just looking forward to the day when Richard gets up out of his chair and punches the little tw*t in the face! :D

:D:D:D
    Now the whole country will be *waving* at Paddy.
    Teehee.
  • Options
    pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    I much prefer Richard to Patrick.

Richard is right.
    Patrick is a psychophantic little "wanker", who licks up to every single contestant to curry favour with the public.

Patrick is there to host, not to contradict the judges to show that he is a "nice" man.

Honestly, I'm not surprised that Kielty gets on Richard's nerves. Kielty would annoy the shit out of me if I was a judge and he kept trying to undermine me just to try and be popular with the viewers.

I'm not mad on Patrick, but he does have the nervous expectant contestant next to him, so he's naturally going to go into some sort of protective mode surely?
  • Options
    brunobrookesbrunobrookes Posts: 4,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah... I noticed this, but it was more of a thumbing / "get outta here" type of gesture to me. Just cos you don't like Richard, don't try and paint him in this way! At it for 4 series, he has more sense than that, and more sense than you guys give him. He was the only one to brand Chris' performance as no good, which it was.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomorrow wrote:
    I'm sure its a definite no no before 9 pm ...... :D

That depends on your mood :D
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,659
    Forum Member
    pelicano wrote:
    I'm not mad on Patrick, but he does have the nervous expectant contestant next to him, so he's naturally going to go into some sort of protective mode surely?

I'm pretty sure it's part of his brief.
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duncann wrote:

ROTFL ..... well, its after midnight and anything goes now!

Including live coverage :(
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Patrick has been doing this for some time. If it's something he's not supposed to be doing (as a mere host), he'd have been stopped by now.
    Richard's also undermined by Carrie and David and Lesley and the audience.

He brings it on by being excessively harsh and making his points in a way that undermines the contestants' confidence.

I don't want to see someone who could potentially do something unusually good hold back because Richard's filled their heads with doubt by unpredictable and excessive criticism.
  • Options
    tonbangerattytonbangeratty Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duncann wrote:

Indeed - I'm quite partial to one before 9AM at the moment ;)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that was a fair call by Richard, to be honest.

I have read previous reports of serious (i.e. not played up for the cameras) hostility between RP and PK - anyone know if this is true?
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pelicano wrote:

Patrick Kielty is going to protect the contestants from Richard?
    :D
    How?
    The contestants are adults aren't they?
    And to be "protected" by another adult would be embarrassing wouldn't it?
    And to be "protected" by a pipsqueak like Kielty would be one of the most humiliating, patronising experiences ever wouldn't it?

The worst thing Richard is going to do is criticise a performance,...which is what he is there for, and what the contestants are there for.
    For what valid reason can Kielty protect the contestants from Richard?
    It's not as though Richard is suddenly going to jump down from the balcony and beat someone up for being a bad singer.

These celebrities probably know more about television than Kielty ever could. Many of them are quite competent at their job and have probably had more camera experience than Kielty.

These celebrities will have had to audition for parts, perform in front of a hostile crowd, been knocked back from media work.....and Patrick Kielty is going to hold their hand, nanny them, and protect them like a hero from that terrible, evil man Richard Parks?

For Patrick Kielty to "protect" another adult from the criticism of Richard would be incredibly embarrassing for the contestant in question.
    Or if they aren't, then they should be.
    can you imagine being in a situation being "protected" by Kielty?
    I would feel so ashamed, want the ground to open and swallow me up, and feel so incredibly humiliated.
    It would be like having someone like Mr. Bean stick up for you in a fight.

:)