Options

The Coach Trip - 4.30pm on Channel 4

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
Forum Member
Anyone else see this on Channel 4 today? It's another reality show - 5 or 6 couples are put on a coach and they travel around Europe, voting each other off. I sort of caught it by accident after coming in from work but was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It's not the usual group of 20 something desperados but older couples who are not afraid to say exactly what they think. It's on at 4.30pm and it's only on for half an hour a day and looks a good laugh. The first episode's repeated tomorrow at 8.30am I think.

Comments

• Options
    ludovicaludovica Posts: 25,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I saw it! How annoying was that Vegan woman?:D
    I think the whole thing was mad.. and a bit strong for the time slot to be honest, with that old woman singing songs with words like "clitoral" in the lyrics. All those people would have driven me bananas. I'm glad I'm not on there.. though I did think the couple who had never been abroad before were quite amusing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ludovica wrote:
    Yeah I saw it! How annoying was that Vegan woman?:D
    I think the whole thing was mad.. and a bit strong for the time slot to be honest, with that old woman singing songs with words like "clitoral" in the lyrics. All those people would have driven me bananas. I'm glad I'm not on there.. though I did think the couple who had never been abroad before were quite amusing
    Glad I am not alone in seeing it. This part of the forum is kind of tucked away! Yes that woman's songs were quite blunt weren't they :D Something about bleeding on the floor of parliament? :o Lots of embarrassed looks all round.

The couple who haven't been abroad were not afraid to speak up anyway and the other couple were such a 'typical British couple on holiday' types who won't eat anything but chips :D
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't that impressed with it myself. It didn't cover either the relationships of the contestants or the locations visited in enough detail and all felt a bit rushed.

No where near as good as the strangly addictive Come Dine with Me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Hi Essex girl,

I am glad you are enjoying the show, I was on the show for 10 episodes and the bitchiness gets better and better as long as Passie stayed on. Look out for me and my mate Trevor who join at the end of this week, it was such a great crack.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of it
    Paul
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brownbag wrote:
    Hi Essex girl,

I am glad you are enjoying the show, I was on the show for 10 episodes and the bitchiness gets better and better as long as Passie stayed on. Look out for me and my mate Trevor who join at the end of this week, it was such a great crack.
    Paul

Hi, who goes next then to allow you to join? spoilers please
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello Puppy,

I will leave you in suspense but there are 2 more couples that go before we join. I will let you have one guess and I will let you know if you are right.

Keep watching

Paul
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I have been watching coach trip before I go to work in the mornings - it is strangely compelling! I loved the way Brendan was annoyed that they weren't suitably impressed by the historic glockenspiel :)

The casting is brilliant - they have got some real stereotypes there all grating on each others nerves!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brownbag wrote:
    Hi Essex girl,

Paul
    Hi Paul, yes I am enjoying it. It's on just when I get in from work so I've seen it most days so I am sure I will see you when you are on. Really good of you to let us know that you were actually on it.

Yes Pasquale is pretty bitchy! He is the kind of person you need on these shows though. When was it actually filmed? I must admit I really like Max - he doesn't say much but he's gorgeous! :p (I am sure his name is Max - he's the dark haired younger guy)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Essex,

The show was filmed Last October. I still talk to Passie and 2 older ladies who join later in the show. Yes I thought you would like Max. He starts talking Italian later in the series so I am sure he will grow on you even more. Passies mate Bob fancied my friend Trevor which I found very funny, he thought he looked like Grant Mitchell lol.

speak soon Paul
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brownbag wrote:
    Hi Essex,

The show was filmed Last October. I still talk to Passie and 2 older ladies who join later in the show. Yes I thought you would like Max. He starts talking Italian later in the series so I am sure he will grow on you even more. Passies mate Bob fancied my friend Trevor which I found very funny, he thought he looked like Grant Mitchell lol.

speak soon Paul
    I actually did miss one episode last week - the episode where Pasquale and Bob joined. Are they actually a couple or just friends?

Yes, Max is great! :p I hope he stays on for a while yet anyway.
  • Options
    moogestermoogester Posts: 15,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is strangely compelling :eek: A bit like Big Brother on a bus :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say it's almost certain Nicki and Vander are out tomorrow

Paul, were you popular on the trip? what can we expect?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been hooked since episode one, something a little different just wish it was on a bit longer as 30 mins isn't enough to get to know so many contestants.

Glad John went, what a vile old toerag, Princess Passie is just as bad but in a different wrapper still, without someone stirring it wouldn't be as viewable.

Looking forward to writing scathing remarks about you Paul. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Popular? I know Passie slagged me and my mate of for the first couple of days but we have since made up lol. He called me and my mate the Neanderthal brothers, bless him.

We lasted longer than Rob and Eva which is something, what a shame I did not meet John in his black speedos, and his line that was in the privacy of a toilet had me laughing for ages. :D

Keep watching

paul
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes Bob and Passie are an item, I think for about 10 years if my memory serves me right, although Bob I found very hard to believe he was gay, but there you go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't mind me asking, are you gay?

Also, does anybody know how long the show lasts?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Max was a big girl's blouse today.
    B*tching about the girls on camera, refusing to talk to them when they obviously made a big effort to make amends, voting them off with a big speech and then having the cheek to thrust his phone number at one of them and ask them for a date. Hope he grows up soon. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol, no I am not a gay or a queer as Evil Lord John would say. I went on with my best mate and left my wife at home with my 3 boys, it would have been a nightmare for her she would not have liked the situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh and Max did make himself look a bit of a knob yesterday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that you we saw a tiny clip of today?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes that was me at the end of the show today lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I watched this for the first time yesterday morning, and was very shocked to see my ex boss Brendan as the tour leader! The show seemed great fun, and hopefully I'll be able to catch some more. Brendan is the funniest person, and I can't wait to see him having a temper tantrum (like he always used to!) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How funny, Brendan was your old boss. He was such a lovely guy one of the best people I met on the show. Where did you work with him I will say hello for you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    It was a shame that steph went today, she was my favourite! :) I enjoyed Phil gazing wistfully across the ferris wheel because he couldn't bear to be parted from Marion. I don't think Tom and Max were impressed with their new coaching companions, but I think Tom is nicer looking than Max! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tom nicer than Max, Im not gay lol but don't understand that one. Post here for your favourite Max or Tom, or Bob or any of the guys. Yeh I liked Steph she reminded me of Johnny Vegas.
This discussion has been closed.