Options

AllofMp3.com

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,585
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Reports appearing on news sites say that the Russian authorities have found no wrong doing by AllOfMp3.com whats more is that most counties do not band the import of digital music files....

Hopefully this will force record labels to reduce prices on legal downloads....

Maybe even legal movie downloads will appear in russia now...

That is something I would really like to see.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4328269.stm

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just downloaded XTC - Senses Working Over Time for $0.17. I've not even topped up the account - that's using what was in there when I signed up.

Umm... :eek: :)
  • Options
    BrianDeeBrianDee Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is this AllofMp3.com up and running and have you dared to try logging on to it, what with all the viruses etc going around?

and can the "Beatles" begot?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.... cheap and legal :D no matter what the BPI say... or at least until they pay of the government to change the law to prevent legal imports of music.

For once Russia didn't let America or Western Europe push it around... I'm impressed :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used Firefox, got all my anti virus running with latest updates and nothing popped up.

Thanks vodkarev - I love this song! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's not a p2p its the same as if you use the new legal version of napster just without the DRM.... I've used it since it first appeared and never had a problem with it..... if you ask around you will find other people with the same experience as me....

Why do you think the labels want to shut it down? because it's legal, clean and safe!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a bonus not having to download a programme, just followed the link in the email and downloaded using Firefox's Download manager. This is how it should be - quick, cheap and easy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the program they offer AllofMp3 explorer is worth getting.... it does everything for you... even organises your MP3's into artist, album, track number everything!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So do you have to put a credit card number in? Also I believe Beatle songs have a policy on their songs, have you seen any on this.

Ps. Putting a credit card in would have me worried !
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just downloaded XTC - Senses Working Over Time for $0.17.

Wonder how much of that goes to XTC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BrianDee wrote:
    So do you have to put a credit card number in? Also I believe Beatle songs have a policy on their songs, have you seen any on this.

Ps. Putting a credit card in would have me worried !

How else would you pay for it? ;)

They have a PayPal option - hopefully I can use up some credit when they have it working again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes you hve to pay for the downloads cause you have to pay for the copyright... it's a legal service! and I've never had any problems with the credit card side... it goes through payment gate (http://www.paymentgate.ru/) which was once part of cyberplat I believe a well known and trusted credit card agency in the industry....

There are numerous ways of paying if you don't want to provide a credit card....

They are currently working with paypal to integrate it into their systems as well!
  • Options
    thepuffinthepuffin Posts: 1,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another happy user here.

Why anyone would put up with the hassle of P2P when sites like this exist, I don't know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright ! Grease me up ! I'm going in !
  • Options
    RatinhoRatinho Posts: 5,129
    Forum Member
    It's just totally superb, isn't it? :D

Being able to encode Loveless over 350~ bitrate for my Zen Touch. :D

Finding albums I couldn't find in the damn shops on there, and as someone said, the mp3explorer tool they have is very good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the fact you can choose which format to encode the songs in :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! I didn't think I had enough to download another song I've been searching for (Ry Cooder - Little Sister). I took the quality down and it downloaded (and sounds) fine. This site rules! :D
  • Options
    Stella ArtoisStella Artois Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    I have been using allofmp3.com for quite a while now; I have downloaded over 1.5GB of music from it! No problems at all! No nasty DRM either!
  • Options
    collincncollincn Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yikes - they even have a copy of Bob Calvert's Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters (I know, I'm sad and old) I've been looking for that for ages.

Willl have a look at signing up when I get home tonight.

Thanks
    Chris
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes... and cause it's all so reasonably priced and unprotected and I know I can get nearly everything I want from it, I don't need a P2P software so I don't share any of my music.... pay attention RIAA... this is how to stop piracy! reasonable priced music with quality technology!
  • Options
    The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    farscape wrote:
    I have been using allofmp3.com for quite a while now; I have downloaded over 1.5GB of music from it! No problems at all! No nasty DRM either!

'Bout the same here. Good to see it's all been held up in court for a while longer. If only the music labels would realise that that such a pricing and distribution model is in their best interests.

Phazer
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is fantastic advertising for them. Loads and loads of people I've spoken to today have been asking me if I've heard of it, after hearing about it on BBC News themselves.