New 'Star Wars' unsuitable for children

FreeViewRulesFreeViewRules Posts: 1,643
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds19834.html

Well if he wants a 13 cert in the US I'd bet over here it will be PG/12 any bets ?

Comments

• GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds19834.html

Well if he wants a 13 cert in the US I'd bet over here it will be PG/12 any bets ?

it will get a 12a probably as lucas says its looking more like a pg-13 film
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Yeah I heard that it would be a 12A over here and PG-13 in the US which will please all the hardcore star wars fans!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Judging by the release trailer on starwars.com it looks pretty hard and heavy so far, which would make sense, as the Jedi are systematically wiped out. I hope it's a 12 certificate, better than the toy adverts that the last two have been. Make it dark, edgy and moreover a bit of a downer. Sure, we know how the saga ends, it's all good for the rebellion and Luke, so let us wallow in the darkness for a while, eh George?
    Here's hoping Annakin during his kill crazy rampage takes out Jar Jar Binks whilst he's at it.... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    captainwow wrote:
    Judging by the release trailer on starwars.com it looks pretty hard and heavy so far, which would make sense, as the Jedi are systematically wiped out. I hope it's a 12 certificate, better than the toy adverts that the last two have been. Make it dark, edgy and moreover a bit of a downer. Sure, we know how the saga ends, it's all good for the rebellion and Luke, so let us wallow in the darkness for a while, eh George?
    Here's hoping Annakin during his kill crazy rampage takes out Jar Jar Binks whilst he's at it.... :D

lol

it will definately be 12a as i cant see it making any more changes to take it up to the next classification at 15
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New 'Star Wars' unsuitable for children

I hope so :D:p
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Attack Of The Clones was cut to obtain a PG certificate in the UK. So they may well cut it again to get a PG rating over here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attack Of The Clones was cut to obtain a PG certificate in the UK. So they may well cut it again to get a PG rating over here.

according to george lucas on 60 minutes in the us,he said he will make no changes or cuts to get it through at a different classification,he says "i could pull it back a little but i dont want to"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as long as no-one brings any newborn babies into see the new one who will scream nonstop like someone did when i saw "Clones" i'll be happy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    kaye wrote:
    as long as no-one brings any newborn babies into see the new one who will scream nonstop like someone did when i saw "Clones" i'll be happy

How inconsiderate, do people do things like this on purpose.

Did you not complain to the cinemas management?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Lets hope its as dark and brooding and furry animal free!!

I know ive said this before but I have a good feeling about this one!!

LMAO!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    we always do have a good feeling but im still hoping and dare i say it this one looks like its gonna be gud

(hope i havent jinxed it :o )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    most cinemas have started taking advance bookings for it today
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    isnt a 12 certificate these days like a pg rating.
    just go to the late showing's if you wanna avoid the familys and crowds.
    really carnt wait for this film to come out looks booshank!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dieipods wrote:
    isnt a 12 certificate these days like a pg rating.
    just go to the late showing's if you wanna avoid the familys and crowds.
    really carnt wait for this film to come out looks booshank!
    since they changed the certificates from 12 to 12a in the cinemas it means more kids can go to watch these films but only with an adult present so really it is like a more adult pg rating,but even george lucas himself said that he would take relly young children to watch it,8,9,10 year olds but not any younger but its the parents/guardians choice,personally i wont be taking my 5 year old nephew to watch it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if kids ruin this film, i will wipe them out... ALL OF THEM
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    OMG I've gone and booked to see this 4 times in its first two days. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive just booked finally for the 1.00pm screening at my local cinema,but when i booked using my unlimited card via the automated line it said star wars revenge of the sith rated pg,i would be very surprised if this is right
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Cinemas are taking bookings for "Star Wars - Revenge etc (PG TBC)" at the moment, so the rating has not yet been confirmed.
  • JamfocusJamfocus Posts: 7,024
    Forum Member
    I've been reading whats from the novel or at least reading hat someone has wrote for me to read.

The dialogue seems fantastic and everything looks great.

I think Lucas has done it and maybe just amde the greatest star wars film.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all going into overdrive now. I've got the 11 disc audio novel, it's a bit special I can tell you. I don't see how the finale can get anything other than a 12 certificate, it's not for kids.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zanshin wrote:
    How inconsiderate, do people do things like this on purpose.

Did you not complain to the cinemas management?

I did and numerous other did too-it was ridiculous-she had 3 toddlers with her as well :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    kaye wrote:
    I did and numerous other did too-it was ridiculous-she had 3 toddlers with her as well :rolleyes:

I stopped going to the cinema back in the 80's. there was just to much grief from the audience.

I have started going again over the last few years as I have found a time & day that is ok.

I go the first showing of a film on the first Saturday & the first screening, there is usually no more than 10 people in the audience & this includes myself & my son.
  • RatinhoRatinho Posts: 5,129
    Forum Member
    New 'Star Wars' unsuitable for adults

After seeing a trailer my mate sent me this morning, I fear this may be the case.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you see the shots floating about taken from the German photo book of the film, you'll wonder if this will manage to get a 12. It really is pushing the boundaries and they look like images from a 15. You would not take a child to see this, it is brutal.