Options

Screen Select

Anyone else with Screen Select?

I think it's pretty reasonable for the money, and I got six free rentals from Craig, as he recommended me.

Some interestingly unique - but not unique enough to end up in a "50 free films with a crappy Bush DVD Player" set.

Alex :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    I was originaly with Video Island who merged with Screen Select, and the service improved, Their the best value dvd rental about, Their have pretty good turnover speed, Ive returned disc on Monday Morning and had the next one by wednesday Morning, a major improvement they made on Video island is that they send out the ones on high your priorotiy list, which VI rarley did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I find Screen Select's service extremly poor, having been with them for 6 months, they are incredibly slow at sending out DVD's, in addition they rarely send out anything from my priority list.

I switched to love film and every week I get the first 4 items on my rental list, how's that for service !!!
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used ScreenSelect for a few months. Didn't find the system of prioritising films at all intuitive, so I probably didn't get as many of my top selections as I should have. But the worst thing was that every single return envelope split open as soon as I put in the DVD. A big waste of time and sticky tape.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am currently using ScreenSelect and it's perfectly good at what it does; I did have a few problems with split envelopes a couple of months ago, but they seem to be fine again now...
  • Options
    john_hunterjohn_hunter Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm with Sainsburysdvdrental which basically just uses ilovefilm and i'm very impressed with there service.

9/10 I get the film at the very top of my list, also the turnover is very fast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know, when hiring boxset dvd's (e.g. the OC) froms Screenselect do they send one disc at a time, or the whole season?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    depending on how many disc you rent at anyone time, one disc at a time
  • Options
    N-I-C-KN-I-C-K Posts: 3,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been with ScreenSelect since November and I pay £11.99 a month for 3 dvd at a time because im a TopUp-TV customer.

No problems so far

I even emailed them a few weeks ago because I had a dvd on my list for 2 months as high priority and i'd still not recieved it.

They replyed the next day saying they have put a special request in with the warehouse staff to send it me ASAP... 2 days later it landed on my doormat, even tho i'd still got 3 dvds at home.

I've also put in a request for 3rd Rock from the Sun - Series 1 via their Make a Suggestion form.
    "If you can't find a title in our selection that is legally available to rent on DVD in the UK, we will obtain it within two weeks - and when we do, the subscriber who suggests it first will be the first to rent it!"

Still no reply yet tho.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    been with them for about 6 months never had any probs with them would'nt consider changing to another rental company