Options

New Music In Sky Menus

Lord KramLord Kram Posts: 492
Forum Member
Just a little change, was wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Comments

• Options
    seancfaganseancfagan Posts: 2,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Music? you call that music? :eek:

I have all that stuff turned off on my Sky box, and everything else.

If you like music, the new Bruce Springsteen CD is out next month. "Devils and Dust."

or Puccini, Mahler, Sibelius, Lucie Silvas, Mark Knopfler or many of my hundreds of favourites.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf!

Thats a Dutch dog barking its head off :eek:
  • Options
    james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched last weeks recording of Jamies School Dinners, and certainly noticed that when I went back to the TV guide whatever the music was, it was certainly alot louder.

Even when I turned the TV volume down to 3 bars, it could still burst the eardrums.

Regards James
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Yeah I just noticed that, shame in a way I really liked the last set, I tried emailing Sky to ask them who it was made by, all I got back was that it was commisioned specially for them, no artist names, nothing. I suspect it was BT as there were similarities to some of the tunes and his music.

However the new music is equally impressive, a little deeper (haven't heard it all yet), if you like this sort of music. Incidentally seancfagan, some of the proggresive breakbeat is composed with the same structure as your favoured classical.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I'd really like to have that music, as I am a fan of movie scores, and it's very score-like.
    That being said, I have a small hint: One of the tracks in the last set used to be played during the ad breaks of Fox News on their European feed after September 11th - so while Americans were watching ads, we got a Fox logo with that track. So it appears to indeed be part of a special set of tracks for Fox / Murdoch. It's interesting to see that that music makes its way around the globe, from Australia, over to the US and now to the United Kingdom.
    Does anyone have recordings of the menu loop? I really miss those songs. I was planning on capturing them, but didn't get round to it yet...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg, I liked the old music alot, i havent watched sky today, but im gonna go listen now :( And like Quark, id also like the music, could someone make an mp3?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fifth wrote:
    Omg, I liked the old music alot, i havent watched sky today, but im gonna go listen now :( And like Quark, id also like the music, could someone make an mp3?
    the old sky epg music was taken from jamieson's complete
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Please excuse my ignorance, but that is what exactly? I'm not from the UK, so if that's a TV show or a band, let me know :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quark wrote:
    Please excuse my ignorance, but that is what exactly? I'm not from the UK, so if that's a TV show or a band, let me know :)
    its a song by jamieson called complete, i only found that out yesterday when it was on a music channel
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Complete must have been one long song, to have all the old sky epg music in it...

I just listend to all the new tracks and i hate them, there to deep, and not electric enough if you get what i mean, i wish theyd change back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gzmums wrote:
    ...Incidentally seancfagan, some of the proggresive breakbeat is composed with the same structure as your favoured classical.

I automatically turn off music, bleeps etc on every new toy I get so I must confess I have not listened to the Sky music very much. I have just turned it on and given it 30 secs. I will leave it on for a few days maybe, it does sound better than I expected, but I think I will soon be back to silence.

As a child of the 60s and 70s, progressive to me means Prog Rock. I remember the likes of "Yes", "Renaissance", "Van Der Graaf Generator" "Emerson, Lake And Palmer" etc, lots of 20 minute guitar histrionics, gushing organ solos, lyrics full of mystical allusions and song titles bearing no relation to the music and almost as long as the music itself. Where are you now Rick Wakeman? On "Jongleurs" comedy show that's where. :)

I love all sorts of music, my main passion really. I have seen live shows like the "Stones" , " "Led Zeppelin" and "Dire Straits" decades ago to ""Bruce Springsteen" on his last tour in 2003. I also love opera and classical and go to regional opera productions quite often. Covent Garden is a bit too pricy for me.

Sorry, rambling again. I'll go and listen to some more Sky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should play William Shatner's hit CD "Has Been" for the EPG music stream :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002XK4CO/qid=1111013769/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_0/026-8614989-2634025 If you want to buy a copy...

Automan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parallel thread HERE if you are interested.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjgall wrote:
    blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf! blaf!

Thats a Dutch dog barking its head off :eek:

This has been bugging me all day. I must be thick. Please explain. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    seancfagan wrote:
    This has been bugging me all day. I must be thick. Please explain. :confused:

In Dutch "iemand afblaffen" is "to bark at somebody".

When it comes to music or any art for that matter its all down to taste.

I thought that you barked at Lord Kram a bit in your first post. Other than that there was no hidden meaning, and no offence intended.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A cross lingual joke, I like it. I laughed so much my clogs fell off. ;)

Yes I did bark a bit at Lord Kram. No offence intended M'Lud.

As I was later forced to admit, my jokey comment was based on zero knowledge. I'm still not convinced I will keep the music on. No matter how good it is I would only ever hear a few seconds at a time. It must be for the Amstrad guys with the slow response boxes. They probably need a Mahler symphony. :)

My dog goes...Brak! Brak! Brak!, Brak!. I think he might have dyslexia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    seancfagan wrote:
    A cross lingual joke, I like it. I laughed so much my clogs fell off. ;)

Yes I did bark a bit at Lord Kram. No offence intended M'Lud.

As I was later forced to admit, my jokey comment was based on zero knowledge. I'm still not convinced I will keep the music on. No matter how good it is I would only ever hear a few seconds at a time. It must be for the Amstrad guys with the slow response boxes. They probably need a Mahler symphony. :)

My dog goes...Brak! Brak! Brak!, Brak!. I think he might have dyslexia.

I've got my music off. Now if they were to play Mahler I might turn it on.

Maybe your dog has Anorexia?

In Dutch braken = to vomit
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Are we really all chatting about Menu music in Sky? lol

How bored must we all be!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beebe wrote:
    Are we really all chatting about Menu music in Sky? lol How bored must we all be!

I keep seeing "lol" What does it mean?

Lots of love? Laughed out loud?

I'm 52 with no kids so I occasionally struggle with new terms and txt speak. Is there a web site that explains all this stuff?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lol: laughing out loud

See: http://www.learnthenet.com/english/glossary/lol.htm

In Dutch lol means fun.
  • Options
    Bob PBob P Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I liked the old music. My wife used to get a bit fed up with it.

da di da di da - chow chow chow - doo di doo di doo - chow chow chow

Yeah. 'Twas nice. :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Bob P wrote:
    I liked the old music. My wife used to get a bit fed up with it.

da di da di da - chow chow chow - doo di doo di doo - chow chow chow

Yeah. 'Twas nice. :-)

Oh! I see.

They wanted you to act in the series and write the theme tune and sing the theme tune ............new epg music could be so good for you. Da Do Do Do...Do!

3D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what Beep actually does in the sound menu? I have it switched on but have never really noticed it until about a week ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is just an audible bleep that confirms that the box has received a command from the remote and is obeying it. (or not obeying in the case of many Sky+ boxes :eek: )

There is also a red light on the front of the box that blinks for the same reason.

I think :eek: ..... I could be talking rubbish as usual. :D
  • Options
    andersonshatchandersonshatch Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    seancfagan wrote:

I think :eek: ..... I could be talking rubbish as usual. :D

Yep, it doesn't do that. As far as I know, it only occurs when you enter you PIN number incorrectly.