Options

Back to the Future on DVD

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
Forum Member
Have read somewhere that there is something wrong with the widescreen aspect ratio of the trilogy boxset, and that you could also return it to obtain a proper functioning replacement. Can you still return it after 2 and a half years of having it? If so where, as i have no receipt? Its a region 2.

Cheers chaps :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if that is true, and you have no receipt, then you would have to contact the manufacturer or what ever conatct number there is on a boxset? unless HMV or whoever will swop it because its a known problem, even with no receipt.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Have a look here - it may be of help.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just checked the boxset I bought weeks ago on Play.com and it is one of the old ones with the error on it. Should I e-mail Play.com and get them to replace it or is there somewhere else I can send them. I don't have a receipt as they were bought online.

Paddy :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ghmmm... I cant remember when I bought mine but it was quite a while ago from virgin.... doubt id have the receipt. never bothere me though. :p
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I haven't watched that in ages, have just slipped it into the DVD player
    :D
    good comfort film!!!!
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I just rang up Universal customer services on : 0870 590 0909

to ask what to do about this, they said if you dont have a reciept, photocopy the cover of the box set and discs and send it with a letter to the following address:

Customer Services, Universal Music
    Chippenham Drive, Kingston
    Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0AT, England

and they will send out a replacement.

I hope this helps
    regards
    Lawyer
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    ^^^Do you mean send the photocopies of the Cover and Discs or the acutal discs? Just checked my copy which I bought when it first came out and found it to be a faulty version. So if I photocopy or in my case scan the cover and discs, send a letter explaining the problem, they'll send out good discs?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    send a photocopy of the cover and a photocopy of the two affected discs, this proves you own the disc if you dont have the reciept
  • Options
    Forum Member
    and yep they will send out replacement discs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cheers for that scanned my covers this evening, printed them out with cover letter, will post tomorrow at work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lawyer wrote:
    send a photocopy of the cover and a photocopy of the two affected discs, this proves you own the disc if you dont have the reciept

surely you could use someone else's picture to get free discs?

I checked mine, it isnt affected thank god. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    I sent my BTTF 2 and 3 discs back in November and after calling 4 times, I am still told that Universal are waiting for reprinted discs to come in stock.

They will - subject to them pulling their fingers out of....... supply version 2 replacements for 'BTTF 2' and version 3 for 'BTTF 3'.

By the time I get my replacements the re-release of the boxset will be out (oh, I hate waiting)!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have recently bought the new re-issued boxset from Amazon.com and it's "perfect" no framing error problems in sight!.

They are selling the new lowest price ever! boxsets so you don't need to worry about being sent the old boxset by mistake, the dreadful ("PLAYUSA.COM") for example, they are a terrible company in my opinion.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006AL1E/qid=1111946561/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-9676647-4760824?v=glance&s=dvd
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just sent my cover letter off on Thursday without the discs just photocopies of them. If danjaq2005 has been waiting since November, I guess I might as well forget about getting replacements.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, I have been waiting for a while - I know that they are re-releasing the trilogy (later this year I believe) - will new extras from the R1 version we did not get the first time rounf and more stuff.

Region 2 version will come out after the region 1 one does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    being a huge fan of this trilogy, there is technically nothing wrong with the DVDs but the framing on parts 2 and 3 is not the same as it was on the VHS and Laserdisc versions.

Universal took note of this and reframed the films. You will know you have these by a small V2 near the barcode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just spoke to Universal Studios, the replacement discs were posted out today
  • Options
    artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danjaq2005 wrote:
    I sent my BTTF 2 and 3 discs back in November and after calling 4 times, I am still told that Universal are waiting for reprinted discs to come in stock.

They will - subject to them pulling their fingers out of....... supply version 2 replacements for 'BTTF 2' and version 3 for 'BTTF 3'.

By the time I get my replacements the re-release of the boxset will be out (oh, I hate waiting)!

Why did you send the discs back? You didn't need to. All they needed was a reciept as proof of postage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi 'axious' - sorry, I don't know why I said I returned my discs...because I didn't...:-)

Anyway, I hope mine were sent out today - as 'Lawyer' reported.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God I hate this sort of thing. They shit it up and the consumer had to pay and wait and wait and wait. grrr.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I got mine today in the post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mine came this morning - wow, what is that now?..... 5 months!

BTTF 2 disc reads .../ R1
    BTTF 3 disc reads .../ R2 *

* Does anyone know whether this 'Revision 2' means it has rectified the contrast problems as well as the framing issues?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the framing issue has been resolved, just checked BTTF 2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cool - what about the contrast issue...BTTF 3 got a second revision you see...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I got my discs today as well and can't tell any difference between them and the faulty ones I have. Must be something I'm not spotting.