Options

Kylie's Showgirl etc..........

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
Forum Member
✭✭
Well apparantly all very glam., OTT, and tons of feathers and fans loved it, though most seem to have been to every concert..ever..and therefore heard all the numbers done over and over across every album and concert.But I tihnk they go for the glitz so.....

Olivier M. flew over for opening night which elicted lots of media about him "showing his commitment to her"..which may or may not be precise but anyway....when one considers they have had at least 4 major bust ups in the not quite 2 years .All denied 'natch. And The Snowgoose has been "In production" since they finished filming in December. One has to love the media who swing facts to suit .

The photos are quite nice, even I have to admit ,though I do not go for this particular showgirl type of show and cannot bear her singing.She sure has all the glitz so beloved by her fans.

Is this her swansong one wonders...will she retire for marriage etc...change route "musically"..she did some unexpected covers last night....ballads/accoustic type

No reviews as yet bar News of The World who seemed to have penned in advance and simply filled in the gaps.

Anyway for those who may now want to go seems it was an extravagant showy affair and worth seeing for that alone if her music is not your thing.If you love her then I guess it is all a bonus.

Comments

• Options
    seancfaganseancfagan Posts: 2,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stewing wrote:
    ....when one considers they have had at least 4 major bust ups in the not quite 2 years ...
    Only 4 in 2 years? About once every 6 months?

Only an average amount of rowing then. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They met.. stayed in bed for 3 days.parted for 2 months.had a fight over Jolie,KM tired to make time for him..spent 6 months together.Did BL got parted.She did not pitch to premiers.Went to SAus Dec...all Ok until May.. fights start..she goes Aus he runs France with Rodriquez...he splits to LA..seen each twice or so over a couple of weeks since.... briefly..he pitches for concert and media has them all but "married"..if it last i will eat my hat.And I suspect her manic obsession with image/career/bucks etc is THE probel mand the reason all ehr blokes leave..they come too far down her list of things to do.Everyone blames the guy bit in her case I am not so sure.. and fro him..well he already has a good ole reputation and cannot see him flirting (as KM puts in in media casually) for 3 weeks face to face with Salma...given his celibate state..would he sya no..and why would he anyway...he is not married...

The jabber in media is emerging over Showgirl..most of it is about the costumes... and silly me thought she was a "singer.." oh well......
  • Options
    anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cant wait to see the concert and the set list looks good as well as there is songs from all the kylie "periods" from the early i should be so lucky, through to the nick cave duet where wild roses grow, to slow. should be a good concert
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I've seen Kylie on tour about 3 times now. The first time was just before she hit the big time again; before she released Spinning Around. The show was amazing! So camp, so over the top. The other one I saw was set on a 'Love Boat' - that was fabulous. She sang all her hits and wore some outrageous clothes.

Then I saw her during the Fever tour. What a load of rubbish. It was a case of too much money spoiling a show. It was all electric, loads of video clips while Kylie danced off the stage to get dressed. Really, it was boring. She even avoided most of her older hits. Plus, audience had changed from predominantly gay and 20 somethings to teens and their mums. The energy had gone.

So, I'll be avoiding this one. Maybe I've od'd on Kylie?! :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oi_cheeky! wrote:
    She even avoided most of her older hits. :

does not look like that will be the case with this one, according to another forum this is the set list (might be wrong though)

SHOWGIRL INTRO:
    Better the devil
    In your eyes
    Giving you up
    On a night like this

CLUB SECTION:
    Intro music (not sung): Do you dare (+What kind of Fool/Over Dreaming Over You)
    Shocked
    What Do I Have to Do
    Spinning Around

SOHO STREET SECTION (?):
    In Denial
    Je ne sais pas (slightly updated version)
    Confide in me

LOCKER ROOM SECTION:
    Red Blooded Women (feat a chorus of Where The Wild Roses Grow)
    Slow
    Please Stay

Somewhere over the rainbow
    Come into my world (ballad version)
    Chocolate
    I Believe in you
    Dreams (as original version)

Hand on your heart (new production)
    Locomotion (new production)
    I Should Be So Lucky (as original version)
    Your Disco needs you

Put yourself in my place
    Can't get you out of my head

ENCORE:
    Especially for you (duet with audience)
    Love at first sight
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    Was at Kylie opening show on Saturday. Absolutely brill! Lots of feathers and fit blokes! Anna your set list is correct. First time I've seen her live and won't be the last. Brian Dowling (BB winner was there)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only The Times is going ape over it..other reviews are luke warm...May all change when it gets ot London though..see she is adding in Hong Kong and more Aus dates...she will be too exhausted to be doing babies after all that ...for a while..IF OM lasts that long that is....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was at Kylie opening show on Saturday. Absolutely brill! Lots of feathers and fit blokes! Anna your set list is correct. First time I've seen her live and won't be the last. Brian Dowling (BB winner was there)

thanks, glad you had a good time, i cant wait to see it in a few weeks time at the b'ham nec
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a great concert. I haven't been to see her but have tickets for Earls Court on the Bank Holiday Saturday.
    Just wondered whether those of you who have already seen her ShowGirl concert can tell me if cameras are allowed? I know some concerts allow them (like Shania Twain) and some definitely don't (like Madonna).

Thanks in advance guys
  • Options
    xILuvKimxxILuvKimx Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been to quite a few kylie concerts and never been disappointed shes amazing and im going to this one in April in Manchester. She's one of if not THE BEST live performer ive seen/heard
  • Options
    mcalmcal Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just back from seeing her. This was the first time I have seen her live, and it was amazing! Totally camp and OTT, especially when she appeared sitting on a crescent moon suspended over the stage singing "Over the Rainbow", but fantastic nonetheless. I will definately be back to see her again.
  • Options
    dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone agree that Kylie doesn't look good in her new video.

Her face, cheeks inparticular look very unnatural. Has she recently been under the knife or is it my eyes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dzfootball wrote:
    Does anyone agree that Kylie doesn't look good in her new video.

Her face, cheeks inparticular look very unnatural. Has she recently been under the knife or is it my eyes?

i thought she looked different slightly in the new video too. however in photos i have seen in the papers she looks the same as before, so may be it was the make up or something?

i cant wait to see the concert, i am going on friday!!
  • Options
    WalfordWillWalfordWill Posts: 6,686
    Forum Member
    oi_cheeky! wrote:
    I've seen Kylie on tour about 3 times now. The first time was just before she hit the big time again; before she released Spinning Around. The show was amazing! So camp, so over the top. The other one I saw was set on a 'Love Boat' - that was fabulous. She sang all her hits and wore some outrageous clothes.

Then I saw her during the Fever tour. What a load of rubbish. It was a case of too much money spoiling a show. It was all electric, loads of video clips while Kylie danced off the stage to get dressed. Really, it was boring. She even avoided most of her older hits. Plus, audience had changed from predominantly gay and 20 somethings to teens and their mums. The energy had gone.

So, I'll be avoiding this one. Maybe I've od'd on Kylie?! :cry:

But all that is back in the Showgirl tour, all the stuff you said was missing from Fever. Its the Kylie for all eras, thats why I loved it so much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does any one know how long the concert is for, as i am trying to work out what time to tell the person picking me up to get to the NEC for on friday after the concert, i think it starts at 7.30 (doors open at 6.30), any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Call me old-fashioned, but feathers, spangles, and whalebone are no substitute for talent, in my book.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    id agree if she didnt have the talent to back it up, but she did. She sang live and note perfect the entire show and her unaccompanied rendition of Somewhere over the Rainbow was beautiful. I havent enjoed a concert so much in ages
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone is interested, I was at Kylie on Saturday in The Point, and took some pics. What an amazing night, you must go! :D:D

Best night ever! :)

Kylie Pics

Cheers, June :)
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    OMG!!! It looks fab.

I am going to see her on 28th at the MEN. I really am looking forward to it now.

Never been before but love her sooo much. Think I will need to have some nappies ready as I'll probably wet meself when she comes on stage.
  • Options
    iainiain Posts: 63,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i doubt i'd ever go to see her, but i certainly won't be a glasto snob, and will definitely catch her on the pyramid on the sunday night - it does indeed look and sound a great show!

Iain
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMG!!! It looks fab.

I am going to see her on 28th at the MEN. I really am looking forward to it now.

Never been before but love her sooo much. Think I will need to have some nappies ready as I'll probably wet meself when she comes on stage.

PMSL! :D I nearly did! I needed to go but I wouldn't leave the auditorium in case I missed anything. Absoloutely fab show!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    karlslover wrote:
    If anyone is interested, I was at Kylie on Saturday in The Point, and took some pics. What an amazing night, you must go! :D:D

Best night ever! :)

Kylie Pics

Cheers, June :)

you had a great shot! i was slightly to the right of where you were on the thursday! was so sorry i didnt bring my digital camera! :(

im loving how you took photos of the 4 guys in the shower!! :D;)
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair play to the old gal - and to be fair I've never seen her live, but I have watched ' An audience with Kylie' etc... and as far as I'm concerned she's got a voice like a strangled cat. Still, she can jiggle her arse quite well and to give her her due she has sustained a music career despite (IMO) a staggering lack of talent :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icklekermy wrote:
    you had a great shot! i was slightly to the right of where you were on the thursday! was so sorry i didnt bring my digital camera!

im loving how you took photos of the 4 guys in the shower!!

My sis took all the pics actually - I'm crap with a camera! :p

Had to take the shower shot......so hot!!!!! :D:D:D

June xxx :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lovin your work Karlslover! I was off the left of where you were on the Thursday, you had a fantastic shot. I was taking photos of the screen on my mates camera! lol