Ant And Dec Appreciation Thread

loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
Forum Member
Well, there's a non-appreciation thred, so I thought I'd make an appreciation one. :)

I personally love them, I think they're great presenters (but not-so-great singers), and have great chemistry. They don't patronise their guests, or their fans (that I know of), and they genuinely seem nice and down-to-earth.

So please post i here if you like them, and please DON'T post in here if you don't like them, there is another thread for that.

Comments

• Twinkle ToesTwinkle Toes Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I really like them as well. They have the kind of chemistry that you can only have with somone you've known for years. They really bounce of each other well.

I don't know where this backlash has come from?? Some people are jealous of their success!
  • ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member
    I think Ant and Dec are great :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them, just dont see why they get all these comedy awards, but they are the best presenters on TV, next to Davina, Graham, Jonathan and kate.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them, just dont see why they get all these comedy awards, but they are the best presenters on TV, next to Davina, Graham, Jonathan and kate.

I agree James, I like them but I don't think they deserve all the plaudits and awards that are heaped on them.. Yes, they have a great chemistry and can work an audience but I don't think they are comedy genius's or anything....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    As this is an appreciation thread I would appreciate it if Ant and Dec would disappear from our screens forever never to be seen again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    They are fantastic, and the fact that they present a show makes me more likely to watch it.

I'd be interested to know which age group dislikes them....I bet it's either young males who are jealous of them or old males or reckon Morecombe and Wise will never be topped!
    Forum Member
    dEaDfRoG wrote:
    They are fantastic, and the fact that they present a show makes me more likely to watch it.

I'd be interested to know which age group dislikes them....I bet it's either young males who are jealous of them or old males or reckon Morecombe and Wise will never be topped!

I dont think age has got anything to do with it at all. At what age is a male considered old - or young for that matter!

Ant and Dec are moronic and infantile with no obvious talent. If anyone thinks they are fantastic and more likely to watch shows then they are more likely moronic and infantile too!

And Morecombe and Wise were never that funny!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ant and Dec are great at entertaining. Their shows are always a success and it is a large part due to them that 'IACGMOH' is so well received.
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Bernie2004 wrote:
    As this is an appreciation thread I would appreciate it if Ant and Dec would disappear from our screens forever never to be seen again!
    Yes dear. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like PJ and Duncan :D Lets get ready to rumble :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Bernie2004 wrote:
    If anyone thinks they are fantastic and more likely to watch shows then they are more likely moronic and infantile too!

Bit uncalled for wasn't it?

I think they're hugely entertaining as do a lot of other people. You can't make everyone happy, if they do it for some people then job done.
    Forum Member
    Most people who dislike them are male. Funny that. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ant and Dec are moronic and infantile with no obvious talent. If anyone thinks they are fantastic and more likely to watch shows then they are more likely moronic and infantile too!

moronic and infantile...oo get you and your insults,

i mean to get soo worked up and to be soo harsh to people who have a different opinion shows more about you than ud probably think.

so heres a little tip next time.... try looking away from the mirror when you want to criticise someone please it would be most APPRECIATED thanks :P

Ps: Ant and Dec are great btw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that people who dislike Ant and Dec are boring old fogies over 40 who just don't get it!
    Forum Member
    I think that people who dislike Ant and Dec are boring old fogies over 40 who just don't get it!
    No, my mum and nan both like them, it's more guys of a similar age that dislike them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah my parents love them. But alot of the people who don't like them are older people who think they are above all that.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ant and dec are fantastic......and I'm a bloke :o .
    They really make me laugh and even the pre-planned and scripted off the cuff remarks ;) they make make me laugh my socks off.
    There are no other double acts who can make me laugh like they do (except richard and judy....but they don't mean it :p )

Long Live Ant and Dec.

P.S. have to say though, little ant and dec make me cringe :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love little Ant and Dec, and it must be so great for them meeting all the people they do, and being famous at such an age...

but I can imagine it can be annoying... *wonders what their real names are*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Cakeymoo wrote:
    I love little Ant and Dec, and it must be so great for them meeting all the people they do, and being famous at such an age...

but I can imagine it can be annoying... *wonders what their real names are*

Little Ant and Dec's real names are Dylan and James, althought I'm not sure which 1 is which!
    Forum Member
    get-tae wrote:
    P.S. have to say though, little ant and dec make me cringe :eek:
    Yeah, me too, they're not the best part of the show.

James is Little Ant, and Dylan is Little Dec.
    Forum Member
    ange wrote:
    moronic and infantile...oo get you and your insults,

i mean to get soo worked up and to be soo harsh to people who have a different opinion shows more about you than ud probably think.

so heres a little tip next time.... try looking away from the mirror when you want to criticise someone please it would be most APPRECIATED thanks :P

Ps: Ant and Dec are great btw

Perhaps you might be the type to devote a major part of your life to the wonderful world of Celebs - but not me! This is not something I could ever get worked up about. Surely no one who posts on the Forum takes it seriously? I certainly dont. It is all meant to be a laugh!

The fact that people do have different opinions than others is what makes the Digitalspy Forums work! And yes people insult each other. Surely that all adds to the flavour.

And I do not need any tips - especially from an Ant and Dec devotee! I am far from perfect and I am quite able to cope with any criticism. I can imagine your little bedroom is full of Ant and Dec Posters and maybe even an Ant and Dec Quilt Cover and Pillowcase, Ant and Dec lampshade, Ant and Dec pencil case and a bed full of Teddy Bears. Perhaps 2 of them are called Ant and Dec and you kiss them good night too just after you tell them all about your day!

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bernie2004 wrote:
    Perhaps you might be the type to devote a major part of your life to the wonderful world of Celebs - but not me! This is not something I could ever get worked up about. Surely no one who posts on the Forum takes it seriously? I certainly dont. It is all meant to be a laugh!

The fact that people do have different opinions than others is what makes the Digitalspy Forums work! And yes people insult each other. Surely that all adds to the flavour.

And I do not need any tips - especially from an Ant and Dec devotee! I am far from perfect and I am quite able to cope with any criticism. I can imagine your little bedroom is full of Ant and Dec Posters and maybe even an Ant and Dec Quilt Cover and Pillowcase, Ant and Dec lampshade, Ant and Dec pencil case and a bed full of Teddy Bears. Perhaps 2 of them are called Ant and Dec and you kiss them good night too just after you tell them all about your day!

You obviously devote part of your live to 'the wonderful world of celebs' otherwise you wouldnt be posting here...
    Forum Member
    mystique72 wrote:
    You obviously devote part of your live to 'the wonderful world of celebs' otherwise you wouldnt be posting here...

Devote - no! But spend an idle few minutes at Digitalspy - yes! And if I get a response like yours then I know it has not been a complete waste of time.

:D
    Forum Member
    Bernie2004 wrote:
    I can imagine your little bedroom is full of Ant and Dec Posters and maybe even an Ant and Dec Quilt Cover and Pillowcase, Ant and Dec lampshade, Ant and Dec pencil case and a bed full of Teddy Bears. Perhaps 2 of them are called Ant and Dec and you kiss them good night too just after you tell them all about your day!

Are there such things? I must get them!
    :rolleyes: :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Looks like my thread got a bit too nasty...it's been removed..great fun though..

I don't particularly care if you like them enough to buy their used CKs on ebay..but YOU seem to take great offence at the IDEA of anyone NOT liking them..

There's interest and then there's OBSESSION...and that always come across as deeply creepy..

NB: New user name...it's T Vaughan off the non-app thread..Should point out I'm 27 so..if...according to you, all A&D haters are old fogeys if they don't like the gruseome twosome that makes me a very very happy bunny...

Go girl!!!