Easter Eggs

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
Forum Member
As the chocolate / chick season is upon us, it got me to thinking about Easter eggs on DVD's. (see the link?! :rolleyes: :confused: )

So has anyone got any Easter eggs to share for DVD's? (Although the chocolate variety would be nice too...! :p )

Has anyone found any by pure chance rather than searching for them on the net?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not found many by pure chance... but most can be found here if anyone wants to know... http://www.eeggs.com
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the original DVD version of Memento, the menu system is a spinning series of photographs. Just as the last one fades and it's about to start the cycle again, press return and you can watch the film edited the 'right' way round, with all the scenes in cronological order.

It's the only one I've ever found by myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great site that, by the way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    this is going to sound really silly but what are easter eggs on a dvd?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is going to sound really silly but what are easter eggs on a dvd?

I guess the overall term for an Easter Egg would be an in-joke of some sort - first one that springs to mind is the use of the name "Club Obi-Wan" in Indiana Jones.

In DVD's it tends to mean hidden extras, not readily available from the menus, but which need a bit of thought on the part of the viewer to find, such as highlighting something that appears to be in the background of a menu and selecting it, or by entering a certain sequence of keystrokes (kind of like the cheats used in console gaming)
  • JamfocusJamfocus Posts: 7,024
    Forum Member
    I like the Star Wars blooper reels on the Original Trilogy boxset and Attack Of The Clones.