007 - Licence to Thrill?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
Forum Member
Okay, excuse the cheesy title for this thread, but the Robbie (puke) Williams thread got me thinking about this, as well as a snippet of goss I read the other day.

Apparently the Australian actor - Julian McMahon - who plays wotsisface in Nip/Tuck and has also played Cole in Charmed, is in the running to play James Bond, along with one other actor.

We dont know who the other actor is - Im hoping its Clive Owen.
I think both of them would make good Bonds but can anyone else think of a good candidate?

And if anyone puts Darren Day, Ill bite yer backside !! :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, excuse the cheesy title for this thread, but the Robbie (puke) Williams thread got me thinking about this, as well as a snippet of goss I read the other day.

Apparently the Australian actor - Julian McMahon - who plays wotsisface in Nip/Tuck and has also played Cole in Charmed, is in the running to play James Bond, along with one other actor.

I think both of them would make good Bonds but can anyone else think of a good candidate?

And if anyone puts Darren Day, Ill bite yer backside !! :D

Robbie Williams..................licensed to thrill and entertain.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reg from The Bill. He needs cheering up :)
  • ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member
    I think Darren Day would be an excellent choice :)

*runs and hides so Kitty can't bite my bum* :D
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I'll nominate Enrique Murciano. Not everyones choice, but since I have a, whats now becoming bordering on the obsessional, crush on him (for god sake I'm going to see Miss Congeniality 2 tomorrow because he's in it :eek: ) I feel obliged to nominating for every acting job going, plus I'll die happy if I ever see him in a tux :D .

Other than that, and since we're not allowed to mention The *** - How about Jeff Brazier, with all that natural wit, charm and talent he'd be a natural, just think, we could have Jade as a Bond girl :eek:

*gets coat and leaves the building to escape the baying mobs*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy from Alias, Michael Vartan. He's hot and is already comfortable in the spy role.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    I think Darren Day would be an excellent choice :)

*runs and hides so Kitty can't bite my bum* :D
    Too late, I bided my time, waited and got you.
    And I left teeth marks. :)

Reg from The Bill - great choice LonePiner - he could use the Brylcreem on his head as an oil slick to make the baddie's car skid :D

Agent Krycek - you should be ashamed. Although Jade as a Bond Girl, emerging from the sea with those big scary knockers would be quite funny.

Is it true that the James Bond actor has to be someone either English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish or Australian? Im sure many american actors could do a decent english accent.
    Which has given me an idea !!! Dick Van Dyke for James Bond !!!!!!!!!! :D

Just imagine it .... "Well, cor bloimey Mizz Munney Pennayyyy, its a rum ol' do, as oy live and breeeeeeve"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member
    I can't ever think of Julian McMahon without thinking of him as Ben the soldier in Home & Away (I'm showing my age, I know). His dad was Prime Minister of Australia, didjaknow?

I imagine that the producers would consider anyone who could do a decent English accent, but it seems to me that so far they've chosen actors who may be well known on TV and in smaller films, but aren't big box office stars when they take the Bond role. I like it like that - means they don't have so much of a history, so you're not constantly thinking "Tom Cruise!" , rather than "James Bond!".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope its not julian McMahon- would it mean the end of nip/tuck?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he could do an English accent Jason Behr would make a great James Bond.
  • Twinkle ToesTwinkle Toes Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as Bond is English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh its fine. Any other nationality would be unaceptable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member
    Wasn't George Lazenby Australian?

And look how much his career benefited from being James Bond ; )
  • Twinkle ToesTwinkle Toes Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes he was an Aussie and he sucked. Thats why he has to be British. I think they should go for a more rugged looking bond instead of the chisiled smoothies they've had in the past.
    Forum Member
    jessikart wrote:
    I can't ever think of Julian McMahon without thinking of him as Ben the soldier in Home & Away (I'm showing my age, I know). His dad was Prime Minister of Australia, didjaknow?
    Well I cant ever think of Julian McMahon without thinking of me and him doing some very naughty things involving no clothes and baby oil .... but thats another story :o (dont tell LonePiner!) ;)
    I didnt know about his Dad being ex prime minister ....

Matthew McFaddy-wotsit who was the dark haired lovely in Spooks might be pretty good, but perhaps not "box office" enough ...
  • s.castles.castle Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    I personally think Colin Salmon (the black guy in previous Pierce Brosnan Bonds) would be an excellent Bond.

I don't think it says anywhere that Bond needs to be white.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I cant ever think of Julian McMahon without thinking of me and him doing some very naughty things involving no clothes and baby oil .... but thats another story :o (dont tell LonePiner!) ;)
    I was just looking for the baby oil, but we seem to have run out again .... Kitty!!!
  • GoldilocksGoldilocks Posts: 7,349
    Forum Member
    s.castle wrote:
    I personally think Colin Salmon (the black guy in previous Pierce Brosnan Bonds) would be an excellent Bond.

I don't think it says anywhere that Bond needs to be white.
    No not at all, it would be an interesting way to revive the Bond legend to have a black actor play the part. Denzel Washington would be good as Bond. He certainly looks the part in a suit. Clive Owen mightn't be bad as Bond but I'm not sure he is sauve enough.
    Forum Member
    lonepiner wrote:
    I was just looking for the baby oil, but we seem to have run out again .... Kitty!!!
    * gulp * :o
  • ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member

Looks like you got your wish :)

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=204833
  • diamondcatdiamondcat Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    * gulp * :o

Well, I'd go for Julian ... I mean I'd go for Julian ... erm, as Bond, of course. However, not only do I have baby oil but I also have some balsamic vinegar and a lovely marinade involving crushed garlic and chillies - ooh and some honey, the runny kind and fresh herbs that you have to massage firmly into the flesh of the intended dish until it oozes.

Um ... did I get my cookery book mixed up with this thread?
    Forum Member
    diamondcat wrote:
    Well, I'd go for Julian ... I mean I'd go for Julian ... erm, as Bond, of course. However, not only do I have baby oil but I also have some balsamic vinegar and a lovely marinade involving crushed garlic and chillies - ooh and some honey, the runny kind and fresh herbs that you have to massage firmly into the flesh of the intended dish until it oozes.

Um ... did I get my cookery book mixed up with this thread?
    Nope - sounds just the ticket to me ;)

Cheers for the link, Showbiz.... I wonder if the rumour is true? There still hasnt been an announcement. Im wondering if Clive is too much of an actorrrrrrrrrrrrrr, if you know what I mean?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    As long as Bond is English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh its fine. Any other nationality would be unaceptable.

The character of James Bond was/is Scottish - hence the casting of Connery in the first movie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happily, it seems all these months of angst regarding the future of who plays Bond maybe untangling at last with the news that Pierce Brosnan should be shucking his tux back on at least once more. At least this will give all the boys wanting a go at the part a chance to grow up a bit more, and also save us the horror of someone like the loathsome Dave "Jude" Law wrecking the franchise ......
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the hunky new Bond

Works for me - even if he is Kate Moss's cast-off :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is the hunky new Bond

Works for me - even if he is Kate Moss's cast-off :D

Nah, sorry Mr Craig doesnt do it for me at all. I know he's an aussie, but having seen Troy at the weekend i would love to see Eric Bana as James Bond (yes, even more so than Robbie). The guy is soooooo sexy and a good actor too. :)
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    mystique72 wrote:
    Nah, sorry Mr Craig doesnt do it for me at all. I know he's an aussie, but having seen Troy at the weekend i would love to see Eric Bana as James Bond (yes, even more so than Robbie). The guy is soooooo sexy and a good actor too. :)

Me neither, I've nothing against Mr Craig, but Bond he aint.

Oh, Eric Bana, works for me too *runs off to watch Black Hawk Down DVD yet again*