Options

Gail Porter

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 756
Forum Member
✭✭
What the hell has happened to that girl off the ricter scale she used to be very good looking and on TV doing loads of things and popular presenter doin TOTP'S........ and then she got married had a baby and hasnt been seen on TV for years and now i read she tryed to commit suicide!!!!! woooooooohhhhh she had some chage of fortune!!!

Comments

• Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Thefox wrote:
    What the hell has happened to that girl off the ricter scale she used to be very good looking and on TV doing loads of things and popular presenter doin TOTP'S........ and then she got married had a baby and hasnt been seen on TV for years and now i read she tryed to commit suicide!!!!! woooooooohhhhh she had some chage of fortune!!!
    Sometimes all is not as rosy as it appears to be for these showbiz types. It seems Gail Porter had (or has?) postnatal depression. Her husband's band lost their recording contract. This meant she had to return to work quite early after having the baby. She and her husband split up. The fact that she had suffered from an eating disorder in the past suggests that she is not all that strong mentally. I have never liked her, but I do sympathize with her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote:
    Sometimes all is not as rosy as it appears to be for these showbiz types. It seems Gail Porter had (or has?) postnatal depression. Her husband's band lost their recording contract. This meant she had to return to work quite early after having the baby. She and her husband split up. The fact that she had suffered from an eating disorder in the past suggests that she is not all that strong mentally. I have never liked her, but I do sympathize with her.
    What band is gail porters husband in??????
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Thefox wrote:
    What band is gail porters husband in??????
    Toploader.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote:
    Toploader.

He fair put a "load" on her after the baby came!!!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote:
    Toploader.

They lost their contract- since when?

wouldn't they have made enough money to have them nicely settled?

Obviously not, but still, isnt weird how you always assume these people make millions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They lost their contract- since when?

wouldn't they have made enough money to have them nicely settled?

Obviously not, but still, isnt weird how you always assume these people make millions.

Must have been awhile back they lost havent heard from them in a long time they probably aint go that much if they looked after there money they'd be sorted but new money people buy crazy things probably blew it all!!!!!
  • Options
    risingstarrisingstar Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think that Gail Porter looks very young for age. She was 34 yesterday but does not look like that age at all to me.
    I don't know if any of this is true or not but if it is then i do feel sorry for Gail. This goes to show once again that celebs are not free from problems just like everybody else.

Gail has always been one of my favourite celebs but I don't always agree with what Gail does though.

I do wish her the best though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote:
    My opinion of Gail Porter is much the same as yours. I was not that suprised when I heard about it as she comes across as quite fragile. I remember when she was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks and Mark Lamarr made jokey negative comments about her (like he does to everyone on there) and she got really upset and ran off .. apparently. Anyway, best wishes to her, not exactly a fan but she must be in a right state to consider suicide as an option.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gail is like myself, we look young for our age (thou Im 29), what with big eyes, etc.........while its a good thing, it also sucks we dont have an actual 'older' look..........well certainly I dont feel I have a particular 'look'.

shame she has gone through what she has :(
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the woman for her various ill-judged comments on weight gain in pregnancy (having had anorexia I wouod expect better from her), but I'm very sorry that this has happened to her. Just goes to show - no-one ever knows what goes on in someone's head......
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thefox wrote:

she presents a programme for living tv called dead famous
  • Options
    TinkerbellaTinkerbella Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she presents a programme for living tv called dead famous

Oh dear ... how ironic :(

I've never been much of a fan of Gail Porter, but God only knows what pain she must be in. To even consider suicide when she has such a beautiful little girl to care for ..... very sad. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Thefox wrote:
    Must have been awhile back they lost havent heard from them in a long time they probably aint go that much if they looked after there money they'd be sorted but new money people buy crazy things probably blew it all!!!!!

Toploader split up as far as I can recall, dunno if that was as a result of losing their contract or not.

"Dancing in the Moonlight", their major hit, was actually a cover, so it's doubtful they would have made millions off of it. Even major bands don't make loads of money, I think Doves had to go back to having day jobs for a couple of years before brining out their latest album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see so many people gloating about Gails obvious mental problems and misfortune.

Depression is a horrible thing and manifests itself in many ways, being successful, beautiful, rich etc. doesn't make it go away.

I like Gail, she's the same age as me (well slightly older) and has got guts if you've seen Dead Famous you'd know why.

Get well soon Gail Honey needs you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scoper wrote:
    Nice to see so many people gloating about Gails obvious mental problems and misfortune.

I don't see anyone 'gloating' about Gail's illness on this thread. Most of us here have admitted to not being fans of her work, but I think the overall tone on this thread is one of sympathy and hoping that she can get herself better for the sake of her daughter.
  • Options
    ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member
    Louisa wrote:
    I don't see anyone 'gloating' about Gail's illness on this thread. Most of us here have admitted to not being fans of her work, but I think the overall tone on this thread is one of sympathy and hoping that she can get herself better for the sake of her daughter.

I would agree with that :) Having looked through this thread, I don't see any nastiness, just sympathy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    scoper wrote:

Ive just read all these threads, and cant see a "gloating" post in them at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woooooooohhhhh she had some chage of fortune!!!

but new money people buy crazy things probably blew it all!!!!!

He fair put a "load" on her after the baby came!!!

those comments do you?

all from one poster to be fair

lets hope they never suffer from depression........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    scoper wrote:
    those comments do you?

all from one poster to be fair

lets hope they never suffer from depression........
    You said "nice to see so many people gloating" ... when all but one poster wished her well. Yes, that comment "does me" but dont tar everyone with the same brush. Depression is horrid, you are right.

Another poster said that Gail Porter was 34 years old? Goodness me, she certainly doesnt look it. She is very baby faced. Put her next to Caprice (who claims she is 33 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and Caprice looks like her Mother :p )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL granny more like! I'm 33 and look younger than Caprice!

Sorry suffering from depression myself I get a bit err heated when I see it being taken the piss out of.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently she is suffering with post natal depression. If this is true then I REALLY am scared of having kids, god knows what this would do to me.

Anyway best wishes too her throughout her hard time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scoper wrote:

Sorry suffering from depression myself I get a bit err heated when I see it being taken the piss out of.

I can understand why you've got upset about this thread, Scoper - Gail is obviously someone you have always admired and can relate to, even more so with her illness.

Depression is an awful thing. I have a little girl about the same age as Honey, so I can't even begin to imagine how low Gail got to feel that suicide was the only option - very, very sad.

I don't think this thread started in the best of ways and thought the "load" comment was pretty pathetic and uncalled for. I don't think this particular poster was gloating - just not very subtle (and thats being polite). Definately not the views of most posters here.

And yes, I did see Gail on Dead Famous (the James Dean and Marilyn Monroe ones). She did have guts - I would have run a mile! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    scoper wrote:

Fair enuf.
    Get well soon xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks girls :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for Gail.

My friend suffered postnatal depression and it was awful. She's back on track now though :)

Good luck Gail, I hope you get all the support and help you need.