Boys Don't Cry

Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Boys Don't Cry, starring Hilary Swank -

'Based on actual events. Brandon Teena is the popular new guy in a tiny Nebraska town. He hangs out with the guys, drinking, cussing, and bumper surfing, and he charms the young women, who've never met a more sensitive and considerate young man. Life is good for Brandon, now that he's one of the guys and dating hometown beauty Lana. However, he's forgotten to mention one important detail. It's not that he's wanted in another town for GTA and other assorted crimes, but that Brandon Teena is actually a woman named Teena Brandon. When Brandon's best friends make this discovery, his life eventually is ripped apart by betrayal, humiliation, rape, and murder'.

Saw this film on BBC2 last night. Has anyone seen it?

It was so sad at the end! I can't believe this was a true story! Hilary was amazing!

Comments

• shoulderduffshoulderduff Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep Kenny I saw this film. There was a documentary on Channel 4 I think not long after the film had been out telling the story via interviews with the real people involved, it was very disturbing especially the tape recording of `Brandon Teena` being interviewed by a policeman and his reactor to Brandons `gender issues`. Hilary Swank won the Oscar for this film. I agree with you she was amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the film around the time Hilary Swank had won the Oscar and thought it was brilliantly done

I agree on Hilary, she was amazing.