bewitched looks terrible

bronsonbronson Posts: 1,441
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Saw the trailer a few days ago,looks a stinker.
the plot is pure crap about an actor remaking the bewitched tv show and looking for a new samantha which turns out to be a real witch played by nicole Kidman.

Comments

• pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    Nothing can beat the original series, although Nicole Kidman will I expect at least look the part.
  • zebedeezebedee Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like another one to add to the list of TV shows FCUKed on the big screen. :(
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame if the film isn't good, because Nicole Kidman looks absolutely perfect for the part of Samantha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in my little boy directorial dreams I had cast Bewitched years ago.....

....Sam = Meg Ryan (before she went nuts)
    ....Darren = Jim Carrey
    ....Endora = Shirley McLaine (amazinglyl I got one right)
    ....Aunt Clara = Dame Maggie Smith
    ....Dr Bombay = Jim Broadbent
    ....Larry Tate = Milo O'Shea

whatcha think? :)
  • pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    ramiz wrote:
    in my little boy directorial dreams I had cast Bewitched years ago.....

....Sam = Meg Ryan (before she went nuts)
    ....Darren = Jim Carrey
    ....Endora = Shirley McLaine (amazinglyl I got one right)
    ....Aunt Clara = Dame Maggie Smith
    ....Dr Bombay = Jim Broadbent
    ....Larry Tate = Milo O'Shea

whatcha think? :)

Definitely Jim Carrey and Shirley MacLaine! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    I agree, the trailer looks awful. Generally TV-to-film adaptations tend only to work when they find a new and original way of putting it on screen - it looks as though that's what they've tried to do here but if the trailer's anything to go by it won't work at all.

Still, Will Ferrell is a funny guy, so he may yet be the film's saving grace - although I'm not holding out much hope.... :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why the silly storyline? Couldn't they just have had the same as the tv show? Almost as bad as the "Julia Roberts pretending to be Julia Roberts" plot from Oceans 12!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    I'm frightened.

I loved the show, really loved the show, in fact when they started showing it early mornings I would wake up early to watch the reruns. It is one of those shows that made the actor change successfully (they picked two actors who had some kind of resemblance).

What I don't get, and don't really like is the fact that they have cast Nicole Kidman in yet another role that should have gone to someone/anyone else, she is not a comedienne.

I am not disputing that Miss Kidman is a good actress (I am sure she must be in something to have won an oscar) but perhaps she should not be in a comedy, and they should have tried to find a storyline that is much better. Why do they go to these extremes? The story of Bewitched in itself is a good one...couldn't they have just done the 'meeting' of Darren and Samantha...and brought in Serena and Endora etc...these are episodes that are so rarely shown on TV anyway (the first ones) that people would be familiar with them, but not to the point that they are hugely overexposed.

I am disappointed that they bothered now that I know what it's about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think because nicole kidman is samantha i hate it already, the women annoys me soooooo much Grrrr. Jim Carrey would of been hailarious.