Options

Goodye Lenin

shoulderduffshoulderduff Posts: 1,101
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone seen the German film `Goodbye Lenin? I think it is brilliant and very funny.

Comments

• Options
    Nine Bob NoteNine Bob Note Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. Best film I saw last year :cool:
  • Options
    tellyadicttellyadict Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep great film. I was very interested in the subject matter and the farceical situations + on a side note Chulpan Khamatova who played Lara is so cute
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Yes. Top film. It was on Sky Cinema a few weeks ago. It came up in one of the Politics threads too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Thought it was very sweet, a lovely look at what must have been a pretty heady and traumatic period in Germany's history. Has anyone seen the DVD version with the extra bits. A surprising amount of the film was computer-enhanced. I would never have thought that, given the naturalistic tone.

The lead actor later appeared in "The Edukators", that was tipped for good things at last year's Cannes (remembre, the one that Michael Moore bagged :confused: ).

M
    Screenplay Europe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it is a great film, something the German cinema can be proud of on the international stage.
    Very good acting, nice script, and the whole scenery was created into detail.
    To me, it was more a feelgood movie than "politically interesting", although it had its dramatic points.
    I'm glad it gave new attention to German cinema, because there are some good things being created here that nobody seemed to appreciate - maybe that changed a little with "Goodbye Lenin".
    And Daniel Brühl is really wonderful, he was on an English movie last year, too, it was "Ladies in Lavender".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Aurelio wrote:
    Yeah, it is a great film, something the German cinema can be proud of on the international stage.
    Very good acting, nice script, and the whole scenery was created into detail.
    To me, it was more a feelgood movie than "politically interesting", although it had its dramatic points.
    I'm glad it gave new attention to German cinema, because there are some good things being created here that nobody seemed to appreciate - maybe that changed a little with "Goodbye Lenin".
    And Daniel Brühl is really wonderful, he was on an English movie last year, too, it was "Ladies in Lavender".
    So, what should we be looking out for? Seen "Gegen die Wand" and "Der Untergang" (more impressed by the latter than the former, incidentally). But what else is there?

Screenplay Europe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    its on my 'to watch' list.

i cant remember it ever being in the cinema though..