Same sex crushes..even though you're straight

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
Forum Member
Have you ever had a crush on a celebrity of the same sex, I know loads of people who would turn gay to be with certain celebs.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange post, but yeah
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    i havent really had a crush on a celeb, but i have been jelous of them for all sorts of reasons, for instance, Boyd Hoyland in Neighbours, he is going out with Sky and i think she is sooooo fit! so i am jelous of him!!

anyone got her number? lol
  • susanne fansusanne fan Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its a question then yes, if its more of a query then PM me, maybe we can talk about if you want to
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh matchmade in DigiSpy! :p
  • susanne fansusanne fan Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What? I was offering help not a relationship.
  • *Sarah**Sarah* Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive never had a crush on another girl. Im 100 percent straight. However I have looked at some celebrity girls and thought shes gorgeous/ fit.
  • *Sarah**Sarah* Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FB_Rogers wrote:
    Oooh matchmade in DigiSpy! :p

Quick buy me a hat ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sarah* wrote:
    Ive never had a crush on another girl. Im 100 percent straight. However I have looked at some celebrity girls and thought shes gorgeous/ fit.
    I think straight women are a lot more open to the fact that they look at other women and sometimes go...wow..but not in a "i want to have a sexual relationship with that person" way. Straight men do this too, but don't admit it. If they didn't, how would they ever know if they looked good or bad in comparison to other men? I've always been of the opinion that straight women dress more for other women than for menfolk because we size each other up. In this, I do think the sexes differ!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I consider myself to be as straight as they come, yet I find myself strangely attracted to Johnny Depp's character in "Pirates of the Carribean"

I admitted this to a group of friends in a pub once, after a few shandies, and received a few odd looks!

I find it strange that men, as straight as they are, or claim to be (methinks the lady doth protest too much!), cannot acknowledge that another man is good looking. We can all point out a man that society would consider "ugly", but men feel abashed about saying the same thing about a handsome man.

I feel that we as a sex are too insecure.
  • tonbangerattytonbangeratty Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I consider myself to be as straight as they come, yet I find myself strangely attracted to Johnny Depp's character in "Pirates of the Carribean"

I admitted this to a group of friends in a pub once, after a few shandies, and received a few odd looks!

I find it strange that men, as straight as they are, or claim to be (methinks the lady doth protest too much!), cannot acknowledge that another man is good looking. We can all point out a man that society would consider "ugly", but men feel abashed about saying the same thing about a handsome man.

I feel that we as a sex are too insecure.

I'd rather be a bit insecure than a big homo! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather be a bit insecure than a big homo! :p

I assume you're joking right?

As animals we all have natural instincts that make us attracted to certain characteristics of the other sex. This ensures that we procre4ate with the right gender, thus ensuring the survival of our genes. Occasionally we may see these characteristics in people of the same sex. Hence much confusion and denial, followed by much "homo" bashing.

Any man must admit that blokes like Brad Pitt and David Beckham can be considered "attractive" in relation to blokes like Shane McGowan and Johnny Vegas who, no offence, were no strangers to the ugly stick during their development.
  • tonbangerattytonbangeratty Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any man must admit that blokes like Brad Pitt and David Beckham can be considered "attractive" in relation to blokes like Shane McGowan and Johnny Vegas who, no offence, were no strangers to the ugly stick during their development.

If you're talking about a basic appreciation of what is attractive and what isn't, irrespective of gender, then sure - I'll happily admit that B_P is a looker; I'm not so insecure that I would pretend to be blind to his charms. HE'S GORGEOUS!

However, the title of this thread and the content of your previous post seemed to suggest that your feelings for him were somewhat stronger, and to my mind any man that 'gets wood' looking at B_P, yet claims strenuously to be 'as straight as they come' (what, bananas?) is swimming in that big river in Egypt! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Allright! Maybe my interest in Johnny Depp in POTC may border on the bi-curious, I don't see a problem in that. The guy is attractive!! Perhaps it is the feminine aspect he brings to the role, or maybe it is a residual attraction due to seeing Keira Knightly (OMG I cry myself to sleep, she is soooo hot!!).

<*Spits, scratches crotch and opens beer*>
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well I'd give Penelope Cruz one, but then again I fancy her man Mr McConaghey (spelling?) more :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,425
    Forum Member
    JayJayJay wrote:
    i havent really had a crush on a celeb, but i have been jelous of them for all sorts of reasons, for instance, Boyd Hoyland in Neighbours, he is going out with Sky and i think she is sooooo fit! so i am jelous of him!!
    Sky is very nice and Boyd has so much muscle for such a young lad. I remember when he was the geeky 12 year old skateboarder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I am female and I can think of several females I would not mind "having" at all..and I am straight...Jolie, then Juliette Binoche,Salma Hayek, there is a pattern here I see..I er "fancy" dark, exotic, sensual ,sultry looking women and wish I was one I guess.....I always imagine men would be mad not to fancy these females..there are loads more... but if I was male I would be in hot pursuit.The blonde' s do not do it for me..the Kylie types...yuk.....I honestly think she is sexless.souless,cold.
    No passion at all.... just image...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IAMBORED wrote:
    people who would turn gay
    Turn gay? Uh?

As for celebrity crushes, I'm bisexual but can't think of any celebrities - male or female - that I really care too much for...
  • Twinkle ToesTwinkle Toes Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know Ive never fancied a woman. I look at an attractive women and think she's beautiful, but I don't think I'd like to Shag her like I would an attractive man.
    Forum Member
    imno12u wrote:
    Sky is very nice and Boyd has so much muscle for such a young lad. I remember when he was the geeky 12 year old skateboarder.

yeah thats soo true! im really jelous of his body too! i wish i had his muscles, so unfair, then maybe i could get a girlfriend like Sky! oh well

maybe he has some tips, i know he surfs a lot! maybe thats the key!
  • nwdanwda Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Hi

I'm 100% straight, never have any intentions of doing anything about it but I used to fancy Jesse Spencer (Billy) in neighbours. Hes the only bloke I have ever found in any way attractive, Does this make me bisexual?
    Forum Member
    nwda wrote:
    Hi

I'm 100% straight, never have any intentions of doing anything about it but I used to fancy Jesse Spencer (Billy) in neighbours. Hes the only bloke I have ever found in any way attractive, Does this make me bisexual?

no not at all, its really stupid that girls can say they think girls are attractive, but guys cant say guys are attractive, and if they do, then they are automatically called gay or bisexual.

Jesse Spence was good looking, and it does not make your bisexual, unless you know you are bisexual! your decision obviously!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Do you know Ive never fancied a woman. I look at an attractive women and think she's beautiful, but I don't think I'd like to Shag her like I would an attractive man.

I look other women sexually, i look at men sexually as well though.

The difference being i would sleep with a woman but wouldn't really want a relationship with her, where as a man i would consider a relationship.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    ^A^DeLPhi^ wrote:
    I look other women sexually, i look at men sexually as well though.

The difference being i would sleep with a woman but wouldn't really want a relationship with her, where as a man i would consider a relationship.
    Isn't that the modern way of defining homosexuality?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    I quite fancy Rhona Cameron from "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here".
  • ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member

Same here - I've never thought 'phwoooorgh' about a woman - but there are certain female celebrities I always find myself watching if their video comes on or I make a point of watching if they're on CD:UK or whatever. However, I wouldn't say these were crushes as such - they're mainly people I admire :)