Options

I want a Promo DVD Display Pack

N-I-C-KN-I-C-K Posts: 3,268
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,

I want one of those promotion dvd display packs, that shops get. i.e. dvd display stands, posters, counter top displays, lifesize cutouts e.c.t..

Where do shops get these from.

Do you think if I emailed FoX or Universal Studios they would send me one.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not seeing as they would be very busy, your best bet is to just ask the shops if you could have it after theyve finished using it, or if you know someone who works there get them to nab some for you after theyve finished with it, because sometimes the shops can be very funny about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, there called Point Of Sale Displays, i am making one for my graphics gcse coursework *remembers he needs to finish coursework*, i went into HMV and asked for one and they gave me it when they had finished with it, also knowing somebody who works somewhere would be much easier. :)
  • Options
    stevejk75stevejk75 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive still got an old star wars one up in my loft,cant remember how old it is.Its for vhs tapes not dvds sorry my mistake. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    try ebay, i have just ordered Oasis - (Whats The Story) Morning Glory promo album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get these all the time from my local Games shop :), just go in and put your name on a list (there will be others wanting these) and when its your turn they will give you a call (they have to get rid of it someway so giving it to you is they easiest and fastest way)

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I work at WHSmith and what we tend to do when people ask to take ours is have them write their name and telephone number somewhere on the back and when we're done with it we call to let them know they can collect it. Of course we don't always do it that way. Sometimes it works out like this:

Woman Can I have that Bambi stand once you're done with it?
    Manager Have you bought the Bambi DVD?
    Woman Yes!
    Manager Did you buy it here?
    Woman Uh...No.
    Manager Well then you can't have it.
  • Options
    tellyadicttellyadict Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I used to work For Morrisons (gits) I used to be the Manager for this section. I used to get inundated for requests. Usually it was the first person that asked got it. However some people took ages to pick them up so they got angry when I had already given it to someone else or one the drones that worked there had already swiped it for themselves. :D

They were expensive for the supply companies to give them away so once you had one you could never get anymore