BBC News 24

Air ResistanceAir Resistance Posts: 5,145
Forum Member
How good is this news channel? :eek: I much prefere it to ITVNC and SKY News.

Anyway has anyone seen the new countdown? It is very good.

Comments

• itv-rocks!itv-rocks! Posts: 1,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, you are misguided but whatever floats your boat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How good is this news channel? :eek: I much prefere it to ITVNC and SKY News.

Totally agree. Very good News channel. My favourite presenter on BBC News 24 is Carrie Gracie. She's really good and manages to engage with the viewer. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,794
    Forum Member
    itv-rocks! wrote:

I suppose you prefere ITV News, where you can watch reports ripped from NBC, film trailers and even a little bit of real news? ;)
  • most_hauntedmost_haunted Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris E wrote:
    I suppose you prefere ITV News, where you can watch reports ripped from NBC, film trailers and even a little bit of real news? ;)

yes :p:D
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV News? What's that??

(Freeview viewer here)
  • itv-rocks!itv-rocks! Posts: 1,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The weather presenter for ITV Yorkshire is quite fit. I`ve been going through the regional channels and she stands out the most :-)
  • Air ResistanceAir Resistance Posts: 5,145
    Forum Member
    Any views on the new countdown?
  • noelfirlnoelfirl Posts: 455
    Forum Member

I think it's very nice. From what's been said by someone over at TV Forum, there are eight versions of the new countdown, four for the day, four for the night.
  • iainiain Posts: 63,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    itv-rocks! wrote:

do you have to be quite so patronising?

in what way is watching news24 'misguided'? :confused:

unless its improved / changed dramatically recently, it doesn't even come close to news 24.

are the websites anything to go on?

bbc news

current main stories - howard flight, breaking news about another earthquake in indonesia and israeli rejection of gaza referendum.

itv news

current main stories - michael flippin' jackson, michael howard's childcare policies. oh - and vic reeves has been done for drink driving.

oh - and news 24 has its 6 screen interactive thing. which is handy too.

Iain
  • The Magic MonkeyThe Magic Monkey Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Note to mods: Please don't let this place become like the TV Forum 'Newsroom'.
  • NetizenNetizen Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    Note to mods: Please don't let this place become like the TV Forum 'Newsroom'.
    No reason why we can't have discussion of presentation here, just as long as the prescious egos and bitchiness of TVF don't follow here.
  • LemonadeLemonade Posts: 4,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, noticed it's new countdown, looks good..;).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    News 24 is by far the best channel, and soon Sky will no longer operate a rolling news service.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You might like this site :p

Don't have freeview yet, but I have seen N24 at nights. Does it always focus mostly on world news, or is that only in the early hours because its on BBC World as well?

The news channels are probably the main reason why I'd get freeview (that, along with the interactive features on some programs).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    countdown? what countdown?

i love bbc news 24..

i can't stand any of the others. they're shockingly bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't have freeview yet, but I have seen N24 at nights. Does it always focus mostly on world news, or is that only in the early hours because its on BBC World as well?

yep... it's far more UK-centric between 9am and midnight... often annoyingly so though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,272
    Forum Member
    itv-rocks! wrote:
    The weather presenter for ITV Yorkshire is quite fit. I`ve been going through the regional channels and she stands out the most :-)

If you're talking about the long haired blonde, Jo (Longthorne is it?), you're being conned mate, she does all the regions. I was disappointed when I found it she wasn't local :(

Damn, she's fit though :D. She we start a fanclub? ;)
    Forum Member
    Although I find the BBC news a bit dry and stuffy at times, I'm not wild about ITV news, and their bad habit of sneaking their opinion in to their reporting. Just news thanks, no opinion.
    Forum Member

Did anyone notice on one of the old (I assume it's still old) New 24 countdowns, that they snook in a picture of a guy's dick on an X-ray slide? They used have a picture of a doctor looking at the X-rays on the their display screen, and when you looked at the X-ray, there it was sitting looking at you, no kidding. Someone was having a laugh there.
  • the wellserthe wellser Posts: 4,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV News Channel is 100% Better than News 24, its get the breaking news first and has a great studio and on sceen graphics. O and Steve Scott is a legend. BBC NEWS 24 is a third rate news Channel but dont get me wrong im not anti BBC i think the Sport Covarege is superb sertanly better than ITVS and maybe even Skys and a love five live thou it has gone down hill since Richard Bacon left but a diegres.
    ITV NEWS CHANNEL IS GREAT AND PEOPLE SHOULD TRY GIVING IT A CHANCE.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITV News Channel is 100% Better than News 24, its get the breaking news first and has a great studio and on sceen graphics. O and Steve Scott is a legend. BBC NEWS 24 is a third rate news Channel but dont get me wrong im not anti BBC i think the Sport Covarege is superb sertanly better than ITVS and maybe even Skys and a love five live thou it has gone down hill since Richard Bacon left but a diegres.

ITV News never get the breaking news first. and when they do get it, it takes 10 seconds for that bloody yellow bar to show it. And that video wall is terrible - remember how garish it was during the Budget?

If they had Alistair Stewart and Angela Rippon every day I might watch it, but the current presenters look permanently bored.
    Forum Member

Those text polls they have to make a bit of extra cash give me a laugh at times. Some days they don't have anything good to poll about, so they end up with some stupid question that eveyone is going to vote either yes or no to. I can't think of an example at present, but sometimes they're like "Do you think Harold Shipman was a bad man?" "And results up to now, 99% say yes, 1% say no." "Do you think knives are dangerous?" etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    BBC news 24 is much better.

It's very muchly not right wing.. yay.

other news channels can be opinionated in a 'subtle' right winged fashion in their coverage
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How would Freeview viewers ouside the London area do this at the moment?

If ITV took their news channel seriously, they would be making more of an effort to give people the chance to watch it!
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC News 24 is good but I find its a bit dull especially on the weekend . It does have some nice presenters except for that thick tw*t on breakfast.

ITVNC is better in the day , good presentation more interesting , it has started to use the newsbabes from around the country on the weekend and on holiday periods and they look alright. :rolleyes:

The Busty Blonde on today is Fay Barker , shes sweet and got a lisp. :p She was on with Carrie Frais this afternoon ,and my tv started to overheat. :D

((((Carrie)))))