Options

New James Bond Announced!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
Forum Member
http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=2270&catid=2

Clive Owen was confirmed as the sixth James Bond 007!

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't think Clive would go for Bond, they've been rather plotless lately.
  • Options
    ExaminusExaminus Posts: 22,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was going to be Jude Law???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,440
    Forum Member
    Bugger, I had a tenner on Little Jimmy Krankie.

...ok, so it was a long shot, but even so.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10bellies wrote:
    Bugger, I had a tenner on Little Jimmy Krankie.

...ok, so it was a long shot, but even so.....

Surely due to political correctness, it will be a woman this time! Janet Street Porter would scare the baddies well enough :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Or Anne Widdecombe
  • Options
    SnozzwanglerSnozzwangler Posts: 82,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have liked it to be Eddie Izzard ... oh well :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone point me to the bit where it actually says he is going to be James Bond. It seems to me that they are surmising he will be from what he said, not making an official announcement. A hunt around the web reveals no other site currently making this claim as a definite done deal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clive Owen, great actor :)
  • Options
    peeblypeebly Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hathor wrote:
    Surely due to political correctness, it will be a woman this time! Janet Street Porter would scare the baddies well enough :D

hello

little jimmy krankie was a women :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bossyboots wrote:
    Can someone point me to the bit where it actually says he is going to be James Bond. It seems to me that they are surmising he will be from what he said, not making an official announcement. A hunt around the web reveals no other site currently making this claim as a definite done deal.

Correct. It isn't an official announcement, and no other sites (all of them far more reputable than this) are bothering with the story.
  • Options
    Twinkle ToesTwinkle Toes Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like them to pick an unknown actor, it would really be great to pick some struggling actor out of obscurity and make him a star. But thats unlikley.
  • Options
    iainiain Posts: 63,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it wasbound to be clive owen - ever since he was on jonathan ross saying it absolutely, categorically, wouldn't be him.

Iain
  • Options
    LuxxyLuxxy Posts: 18,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good stuff. :) I'm sure his Oscar nomination was beneficial in the decision process.
  • Options
    StewartFStewartF Posts: 10,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peebly wrote:
    hello

little jimmy krankie was a women :D

What do you mean 'was' a woman?! :eek: :eek: :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Clive Dunn would be better.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kinda agree with Quentin Tarentino, I think Bond died the day Brosnan said he wasn't doing another film. I think he was the end for Bond. Any new guy has an almost impossible task ahead of him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great choice.

Better than Clive James, or Clive Tyldsley, or Clive Anderson etc etc

Seriously, good choice. Wouldn't have minded Christian Bale either.
  • Options
    seancfaganseancfagan Posts: 2,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda agree with Quentin Tarentino, I think Bond died the day Brosnan said he wasn't doing another film. I think he was the end for Bond. Any new guy has an almost impossible task ahead of him.
    Brosnan was my favourite Bond, Connery included. I find the SC films very dated now.

I'm not a huge fan but they are mostly fun. I saw Die Another Day for the first time a few weeks ago. Excellent stuff, well up to standard.

I did read that Brosnan, or his agent/manager played a game of bluff over money and lost. $22m was asked and NOT offered. It could just be bull.

Owen will be good if it is him. You couldn't have little Jimmy Krankie. He or she would fall off the bloody set. :p (are points deducted for cruelty?)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,842
    Forum Member

i personally think brosnan was the best bond by a long way.he just matched everything it should be.

i'd ike to see will smith as bond as i think he's currently the best actor around that age category.although i accept that him being american isn't 'ideal'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't agree with that Tarantino comment at all, and I bet he didn't say that with any real conviction either.

Brosnan's films to me, always felt a little laboured, nothing more than special effects, and little character development.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    I'd have gone with Ewen McGregor myself. Firstly so he can indeed have a life after Star Wars and also because the best Bond was also a Scot.
  • Options
    zebedeezebedee Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we've been here before, older fans will recognise the signs. Has it been officially announced that Brosnan is NOT doing the next film? This speculation followed Rog's last three or four films, then the producers would do some calculations involving how much would it cost to publicise a new film and a new Bond against giving Rog an extra few quid. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The interview can be found here (media player required), it can be taken either way if you ask me.
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=2270&catid=2

Clive Owen was confirmed as the sixth James Bond 007!

Are you sure its the James Bond films? You know, the one with the smooth talking, suave kinda guy?

This one looks like he should be in Men in Black ..... :(
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zebedee wrote:
    I think we've been here before, older fans will recognise the signs. Has it been officially announced that Brosnan is NOT doing the next film?

Yep ... the studio booted him - no explanation, reason or anything - just TOLD him he was not gonna be the next bond.