Options

The Obsession with Charlotte Church

bigchopper1bigchopper1 Posts: 124
Forum Member
Can anyone tell me just what exactly is the obsession all forms of media have with this woman? Is it just me or is Charlotte in every paper every day? mentioned on radio and tv and mags, etc etc. She must take up more paper space than stories about posh and becks and the royals.
I really dont see why she should as there is nothing special about her. She has lost all respect I had for her with her outrageous behaviour in recent months.
Forget her Britain!!

Comments

• Options
    CHUTNEYCHUTNEY Posts: 16,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's 'mental bubblegum' for the Heat/tabloid reading masses.
    At least she has a bit of substance to her 'fame'- many,many more have none...............a random example being, oh.........Jade Goody! :D :rolleyes: ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How has she lost all your respect because she does what almost everyother person has done in their life, Gone out and had a good time. To be honest i don't see the big obsession with her either i suppose its because she was famous for so young. I agree with Chutney as well at least her claim to fame is having a talent.
  • Options
    IknowicouldIknowicould Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you been sleeping all these years? Tabloids-wise, I mean.

A wayward, wild-child Charlotte is a boon to every chav-class tattle-tittling tarts bible out there, from the NOTW to OK! magazine.

There is so much Jade and Nadia and Michelle (take your pick) or Rachel (take your pick) out there to recycle.

A fresh new thing is very much desired and lucrative to serve to their class of readers.

If she was not real, they would have made her up. As it stands, they are in luck- as she is young enough to serve their purposes for many more years to come, especially on slow news days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You can not say every young person goes out and has a good time like her. Not every young person goes out for a start, not every young person drinks, not every young person smokes and most certainly not every young person goes out and fights with people. Its for these reasons alone that because of her actions and behaviour I have lost all respect for her and if you add them to all the trashy stories in the papers then this is enough for me not to like this person. So yes i am getting sick of her taking up space in the papers, mags, tv and radio news / convos.
    I also agree with you both she DID have talent but she does NOT anymore. Only a talent for ridiculous boozy and trampish behaviour.
  • Options
    metafismetafis Posts: 11,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On come on, you go on about 'trashy' stories, yet seem to take them all as gospel, take isolated incidents and exagerate them out of all proportion, which is exactly what the tabloids do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wrote:
    Look mate, i am sharing my views with you people i dont expect to be slaughtered for doing so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can not say every young person goes out and has a good time like her. Not every young person goes out for a start, not every young person drinks, not every young person smokes and most certainly not every young person goes out and fights with people. Its for these reasons alone that because of her actions and behaviour I have lost all respect for her and if you add them to all the trashy stories in the papers then this is enough for me not to like this person. So yes i am getting sick of her taking up space in the papers, mags, tv and radio news / convos.
    I also agree with you both she DID have talent but she does NOT anymore. Only a talent for ridiculous boozy and trampish behaviour.
    Good points.

Sad to see such a waste of talent.

A lot is due to the parents' fault and the chav culture they inhabit.

Would she be like this if she were Maggie Thatcher's grandchild?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good points.

Would she be like this if she were Maggie Thatcher's grandchild?

Ref: Prince Harry!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sun made me laugh today.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/30/charlotte_church_photo/

Normally the ones to build em up, then print stuff about these people which isn't true and then do things to make themselves look like they're being kind and feel sorry for the person.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a child star who now happens to be a woman, and subsequently, shock horror, she is now drinking, smoking and having sex - stop the press!

Jeez, she's a young girl having a laff, I really don't understand all the ranting and raving about her chavviness. As poster below has rightly pointed out, it's nothing to do with class; look at Prince Harry!
  • Options
    metafismetafis Posts: 11,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look mate, i am sharing my views with you people i dont expect to be slaughtered for doing so.
    And I am also sharing my views as well. you have your opinios, fine, Im giving mine.
    which is that I think most stories about CC are tabloid over exageration.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to hear her pop album her new single is called "Crazy Chick" hopefully she'll find success as a pop artist. She does all her housework, shopping etc she could easily pay someone to do the cleaning and shopping for her but if she did we would all be saying look at her stuck up bitch etc, She knows what she is and makes no apologies for it which i think is great she doesn't try to be whiter than white like some popstars.

Good luck with the new album Charlotte.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a child star who now happens to be a woman, and subsequently, shock horror, she is now drinking, smoking and having sex - stop the press!

Jeez, she's a young girl having a laff, I really don't understand all the ranting and raving about her chavviness. As poster below has rightly pointed out, it's nothing to do with class; look at Prince Harry!
    A good excuse for a child star to demonstrate no moral fibre.

Charlotte Church - Has she ever been in a church on a Sunday?

All that 13 year-old Voice of an Angel PR rubbish we were fed - singing before the Pope - US Presidents etc were all designed to fund her disgraceful and puke-inducing lifestyle of having a laff!

The mugs who bought her records in their millions would feel foolish now that this Church has being laid (by several boyfriends) naked and bare in their various gossip packages.

At least Prince Harry has soon sort of control over him. This one is loose and getting worse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Now apparently a Topless Photo of her is doing the rounds and she's appalled. Does she have a new CD/Movie/Project coming out soon? Why else would she want this publicity right now.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good excuse for a child star to demonstrate no moral fibre.

Charlotte Church - Has she ever been in a church on a Sunday?

All that 13 year-old Voice of an Angel PR rubbish we were fed - singing before the Pope - US Presidents etc were all designed to fund her disgraceful and puke-inducing lifestyle of having a laff!

The mugs who bought her records in their millions would feel foolish now that this Church has being laid (by several boyfriends) naked and bare in their various gossip packages.

At least Prince Harry has soon sort of control over him. This one is loose and getting worse.

:confused: Erm, I can't quite believe that anyone is simple enough to assume a link between someone's surname and their moral proclivities.

Is Prince Harry under control or is it just because Ms Church is a woman that you object to her percieved immorality (at the last count about 4 boyfriends - hardly Jodie Marsh levels of promiscuity).

I couldn't care less what she has done with her money - I have never purchased one of her records anyway. She was 13 when she sang for the Pope and Bill Clinton - she is now 18. Most people do go through puberty and grow up a bit.

I can think of far worse role-models than Charlotte Church - at least she's not in prison for firearms/attempted murder offences, unlike some members of a well-known 'urban' group. If you strongly object to drinking and sex, I suggest you go and live in a cave or a monastery where you can congratulate yourself on your innate moral superiority. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope she does not catch any sexually-transmitted disease, hopping from boy to boy in a tiff.

Church as a last name would prompt me to think about it. At the very least once in a while.

Morality is one thing. Commonsense is another.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope she does not catch any sexually-transmitted disease, hopping from boy to boy in a tiff.

Church as a last name would prompt me to think about it. At the very least once in a while.

Morality is one thing. Commonsense is another.
    Wasn't she with her 2 previous boyfriends for over a year? I'd hardly call that hopping from boy to boy. She looks very happy with her current boyfriend she is trying to quite smoking as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the record

Charlotte can be a harlot

for all I care.

I avoid her as much as I can.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The nation is sick of waking up to yet another news story about her. fact.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nation is sick of waking up to yet another news story about her. fact.
    REALLY? fine me info on that then please :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK! IF your reading this and you agree with my point that The nation is sick of waking up to yet another news story about Charlotte Church then please QUOTE this and WRITE your name! If you dont CP01 who is obviosly in love with charlotte will then play with himself believing that hes right.

Big Chopper 1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK! IF your reading this and you agree with my point that The nation is sick of waking up to yet another news story about Charlotte Church then please QUOTE this and WRITE your name! If you dont CP01 who is obviosly in love with charlotte will then play with himself believing that hes right.

Big Chopper 1
    Oh right so you don't have PROOF then? OK just wondered that's all because you said it was a FACT which it clearly isn't that's all. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Get the toliet roll out
  • Options
    seancfaganseancfagan Posts: 2,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leave the poor girl alone for god's sake. She has made mistakes but she has learned her lesson. She has started going out with that nice religous young man, Gavin Henson.

Gavin Henson religous?

Of course he is. He tells everyone he spends a lot of time in Church these days.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me just what exactly is the obsession all forms of media have with this woman? Is it just me or is Charlotte in every paper every day? mentioned on radio and tv and mags, etc etc. She must take up more paper space than stories about posh and becks and the royals.
    It's just you.