Options

Those EPG Changes effecting Sky+

james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Good evening to you all.

I know you are all aware of the EPG changes that Sky announced this week, however have just noticed this post over on the satellite forum that will effect the way we use Sky+ and access the planner.

Couple of points I don't think have been covered:

* Radio channels will be assigned 4 digits, starting with zero, displaying as a speaker icon followed by 3 digits (apparently new remotes have a speaker icon on the zero button). The radio genre will be subdivided between those which display video and those which don't.

* "favourites" will allow 50 channels to be stored, and the favourites grid selectable via the blue botton from the top TV guide menu.

* "Planner" or "Sky+ Planner" will be selectable via green button on TV guide top menu.

* Stage 1 enables the new genres, but with current channel #s. Stage 1 will be enabled as soon as a box gets the new s/w, which will be over a period.

* Stage 2 is when channel #s are changed, and must happen "big bang", so only when all boxes have the new software.

Regards James

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    not happy if the channel numbers are changing - however the ability to define a set of favourite channels and view the listings for these even if they are a mix of sport/movies and terrestials is well over due and I for one will use this facility
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its about time the software had a major revamp. the channel number changes have been on the cards for a while due to running out of numbers i believe? doing it at the same time as redoing the genres makes sense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It also may make recording radio channels on Tivo boxes impossible if support for four digit channels is not added.

Automan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Will Sky be upgrading/replacing our boxes for free, or will we have to pay?

Tom
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tomgates92 wrote:
    Will Sky be upgrading/replacing our boxes for free, or will we have to pay?
    All the chips in the box that need to be programmed are programmed via the satellite feed. ie. there is no need to replace peoples boxes to get new software features.

There is no additional charge to get the download, all boxes get it.