Options

Charles and Camilla

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
Forum Member
Does anyone care about Chales and Camilla getting married?!
I don't care if they do but Chales should abdicatethe thrown because of what he did to Dianna, also do the press forget that past Prince's could not be King because it was'nt aloud, we should carry on with tradition but people don't care anymore!! They should get the public to vote when the time comes of whom should be King, I know who I would choose Prince Harry.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    personally I don't care about them getting married, but he did nothing to Diana people forget she knew all about Camilla and what she meant to Charles before walking down the aisle with Charles and knew what she was getting into, I just think Diana wanted the biggest Wedding of the Decade personally as she was not so squeaky clean .
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't care less I'm afraid - they're all a waste of space and taxpayers money - off with their heads :D
  • Options
    TinkerbellaTinkerbella Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm.... what is a thread on the Royals doing here on the 'Showbiz' forum??? :confused::confused:

Surely it would have been better suited to the 'Soaps and Drama' forum??? :D;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    I really couldn't care less about Charles and Camilla - but like Gossip Junkie said, Diana wasn't as pure as the cold driven snow herself. They're hopelessly out of touch, and I think people in general aren't bothered. Most of them will never accept Camilla anyway.
    They should get the public to vote when the time comes of whom should be King, I know who I would choose Prince Harry.

:eek: :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Erm.... what is a thread on the Royals doing here on the 'Showbiz' forum??? :confused::confused:

Surely it would have been better suited to the 'Soaps and Drama' forum??? :D;)

I did'nt know what forum to put it in and seen as it's on the t.v alot I wanted to start a thread about it.
    'Soaps and Drama forum'!! I do't think so it's not a Soap or a drama, I thought it was more showbiz to me!! :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    personally I don't care about them getting married, but he did nothing to Diana people forget she knew all about Camilla and what she meant to Charles before walking down the aisle with Charles and knew what she was getting into, I just think Diana wanted the biggest Wedding of the Decade personally as she was not so squeaky clean .

No she didn't know the relationship was still ongoing, although she suspected. She didn't know for certain until later, or at least that's what I was lead to believe.

Personally I don't give a stuff if they get married, they're perfect for each other I can't stand either of them.
    But he shouldn't be allowed to be king as well, why should he have his cake and eat it?
    What really grates is these 2 going on about tradition (with regards hunting) but when it suits they can forget all about tradition can't they?

I also think the design Charles has picked is either stupid or downright rubbing our faces in it, he's chosen the intwined Cs, the same design as the cufflinks Camilla gave him as a wedding gift and he wore on his honeymoon to Diana.

These people destroyed Diana, I'm not saying she was as pure as the driven snow, who is? but imagine yourself in that situation! is it any wonder the poor woman had so many problems? and regards any infidelity on Diana's part, I think Charles started it, do you not think she deserved to try and find some happiness too?

To the people who say Charles deserves happiness, I agree, why shouldn't he? but he can't be King too!
    And SHE should never be allowed to become Queen, I know they say she's going to be given a different title but she'll be Queen in all but name.
    Charles is a weak man, he claims he was forced into marrying Diana, the man was 33! Is this the kind of man we want to be king?

*sigh* sorry is just a subject I feel passionately about!

**steps off soapbox**
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSelwood wrote:
    I did'nt know what forum to put it in and seen as it's on the t.v alot I wanted to start a thread about it.
    'Soaps and Drama forum'!! I do't think so it's not a Soap or a drama, I thought it was more showbiz to me!! :mad: :mad:

:confused::confused::confused:

First and last time I make a joke about the Royals being a 'soap' and 'drama'...... :eek:

But if you think they're more 'showbiz', I can see that too .... :D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

First and last time I make a joke about the Royals being a 'soap' and 'drama'...... :eek:

Don't worry Tinkerbella I got it! :D
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares what they do, as far as i'm concerned they can join a circus :D
    Only thing that bugs me is we are paying for it. Something like 2 million for security & 700 guests. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    The TRULY scary thing is just how many people there are in this country who go weak at the knees at the mention of Royalty.

I can't stand any of the Royal Family...from the top down.

But they WORRY me less than the people who follow their every move.

Almost wetting themsleves with excitement, waving flags, gaping open- mouthed and drooling at the sight/glimpse of an HRH zapping past in a car. Sad tw*ts.
  • Options
    ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member
    JSelwood wrote:

Well, aren't you a happy soul? :rolleyes:

The best place for this thread is in the General Discussion forum - where it can join the countless other Charles & Camilla threads :rolleyes: I have requested that is is moved/merged to be with them :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sorry Tinkerbella I was quite pissed off at the time, I'm fed up with it all on t.v, I liked Dianna and I think she did a great job and I think she would of a made a great queen!!
    I do get it, really I do!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, aren't you a happy soul? :rolleyes:

The best place for this thread is in the General Discussion Forum - where it can join the countless other Charles & Camilla threads :rolleyes: I have requested that is is moved/merged to be with them :)

Ohh it there a General Discussion Forum!! Opps!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    JSelwood wrote:
    They should get the public to vote when the time comes of whom should be King, I know who I would choose Prince Harry.

I’m guessing you‘ve never heard the rumours then, I’m sure Harry will never be King because of said rumours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSelwood wrote:
    Sorry Tinkerbella I was quite pissed off at the time, I'm fed up with it all on t.v, I liked Dianna and I think she did a great job and I think she would of a made a great queen!!
    I do get it, really I do!! :D

No worries! :)

If you feel that upset and strongly about the whole Royal Wedding, get over to General Discussion and have your say - and make sure you stand your ground! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheSarge wrote:
    I’m guessing you‘ve never heard the rumours then, I’m sure Harry will never be King because of said rumours.

You tease!! :eek:

Are these the rumours that involve a certain James Hewitt?? (although I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to post such juicy information on here ....damn. :rolleyes: ;) )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No worries! :)

If you feel that upset and strongly about the whole Royal Wedding, get over to General Discussion and have your say - and make sure you stand your ground! ;)

I'm going there now!!!!!!!! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    tivo1977 wrote:
    The TRULY scary thing is just how many people there are in this country who go weak at the knees at the mention of Royalty.

I can't stand any of the Royal Family...from the top down.

But they WORRY me less than the people who follow their every move.

Almost wetting themsleves with excitement, waving flags, gaping open- mouthed and drooling at the sight/glimpse of an HRH zapping past in a car. Sad tw*ts.

I agree, specially that prat James Whittaker
  • Options
    hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know anyone who cares if they marry to be honest.

I don't think the royals don't really have an impact on most people's lives anymore, especially those under around 40.
  • Options
    RoanRoan Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just shows who is more important the Pope or Charles and Camilla! I just have this naughty thought running round my head that the Cardinals sat in their circle diliberating when the Pope's funeral should be and decided Friday, just to upset the royals, as Camilla was married to a catholic afterall! :D:D:D
  • Options
    brunoloverbrunolover Posts: 2,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

These people destroyed Diana, I'm not saying she was as pure as the driven snow, who is? but imagine yourself in that situation! is it any wonder the poor woman had so many problems? and regards any infidelity on Diana's part, I think Charles started it, do you not think she deserved to try and find some happiness too?

]

Not sure I agree that Camilla and Charles's relationship destroyed Diana to be honest. Press intrusion and being part of the Royal Family as a whole might well of contributed to that. Affairs & infidelity happen and marriages breakdown all the time but people still manage to get through it and survive.

I think you can feel just as sorry for Charles in that situation. He wanted to marry Camilla originally but wasn't allowed to due to her already being a divorcee and that his family would also not allow or accept this. He would also not be allowed to remain a batchelor so had to marry someone. I imagine Diana was someone he cared a lot for and may have possibly loved but it must have been horrible to be told you are not allowed to be with the one you truly love.

All this makes me sound like a royalist and I'm really not. I'd be quite happy never to hear or see from any of them any again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brunolover wrote:
    ........ He wanted to marry Camilla originally but wasn't allowed to due to her already being a divorcee and that his family would also not allow or accept this.

This is what gets me annoyed though!
    Why should he be able to now, and still be allowed to be king?

I have no problem with what you say brunolover - everyone has their own opinion and I respect that :D
    *is heading off to general discussion*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No she didn't know the relationship was still ongoing, although she suspected. She didn't know for certain until later, or at least that's what I was lead to believe.

Personally I don't give a stuff if they get married, they're perfect for each other I can't stand either of them.
    But he shouldn't be allowed to be king as well, why should he have his cake and eat it?
    What really grates is these 2 going on about tradition (with regards hunting) but when it suits they can forget all about tradition can't they?

I also think the design Charles has picked is either stupid or downright rubbing our faces in it, he's chosen the intwined Cs, the same design as the cufflinks Camilla gave him as a wedding gift and he wore on his honeymoon to Diana.

To the people who say Charles deserves happiness, I agree, why shouldn't he? but he can't be King too!
    And SHE should never be allowed to become Queen, I know they say she's going to be given a different title but she'll be Queen in all but name.
    Charles is a weak man, he claims he was forced into marrying Diana, the man was 33! Is this the kind of man we want to be king?

*sigh* sorry is just a subject I feel passionately about!

**steps off soapbox**

Why shouldnt he be allowed to be king??? He is finally 'allowed' to marry the woman he has loved for the past 30 odd years. If the queen had allowed him to marry Camilla then, the monarchy may not have suffered as it has done over the last 15-20 years. Diana and Charles didnt marry through love, they married as she was deemed suitable by the queen & co for being a young, virgin bride who could be manipulated. This totally backfired on the royals and ended tragically for Diana. I'm not a staunch royalist but think Charles finally deserves to be happy with Camilla and should still be king.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    I notice they've had to move the Grand National from its usual time, as Camilla cant be in two places at once...... :D
  • Options
    RoanRoan Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice they've had to move the Grand National from its usual time, as Camilla cant be in two places at once...... :D

HA,HA,HA :D:D:D