Options

Humax launches LCD IDTV with integrated PVR - i.d.TV

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,626
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Humax launches LCD IDTV with integrated PVR – 05/04/05

Humax has launched its long-awaited LCD IDTV with integrated PVR, the LGB32-TPVR. The 32-inch set combines twin Freeview receivers with a 40GByte internal hard drive able to record and store up to 30 hours of TV. It’s the first IDTV to be able to do this.

Among the LGB32-TPVR’s features:

· Picture in Picture (PIP), or split-screen viewing, which allows you to watch two channels simultaneously via a split screen;

· Live Pause, which allows you to pause live TV and then resume your viewing from where you left off;

· Instant Rewind, which allows you to rewind live TV when you want, to watch a winning goal again, for instance;

· The Freeview 8-day EPG – you just highlight the programmes you wish to record via the remote control.

The LGB32-TPVR also claims to be the first integrated digital TV that allows you to record from other devices such as a satellite or cable set-top box onto its built-in hard disc

Finally, it’s one of the few TVs out there that is genuinely HD-Ready
Source & demo: http://idtv.co.uk/ShowNews.php?NewsID=238

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they can make that work, the twin-tuner DVR shouldn't be far behind. Fingers crossed.

The 26" version of that TV would be perfect for my bedroom. Gotta persuade the wife first, tho'.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    Only a 40GB HD? That is *so* 2003.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sdc395 wrote:
    If they can make that work, the twin-tuner DVR shouldn't be far behind. Fingers crossed.

The 26" version of that TV would be perfect for my bedroom. Gotta persuade the wife first, tho'.

I really do not see the need for twin tuner PVR's at present.

Does any analogue recorder have twin tuners ? NO :D

Why not just buy two PVR's or another STB, as it will do the same job :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I've just ordered mine. Yahoo!!

I've been waiting for this tv since HUMAX first teased us with their November anouncement.

I don't know about 40Gb being soooo 2003. 20GB was fine for me with the pace twin, even though the product itself was total cr*p.

I think 40Gb is plenty. If I really need to keep a huge archive of material, I can buy an external HDD and archive material to it via the USB which is provided for that purpose. :D

Should get it by the weekend. Can't wait! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rmcboyle wrote:
    I think 40Gb is plenty.

Hmmm

I think you will soon be upgrading that HDD :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    079700 wrote:
    You never find two things you'd like to watch are being shown at the same time and you're not around to watch them live? Happens to me fairly often. Also, since the hard disc can easily support two tuners, it seems a waste to only provide one.
    079700 wrote:
    Why not just buy two PVR's or another STB, as it will do the same job :D:D
    You could do that, or you could buy one box with two tuners and enjoy all the benefits without all the extra cost and inconvenience.
    rmcboyle wrote:
    I've just ordered mine. Yahoo!!
    I'd love to hear your opinions once you've had time to get to use it. Please let us know what you think. Particularly with regard to the DVR functionality.

One thing that concerns me about the screen is its (relatively) slow response time of 16ms. I'd expect at least 12ms these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd love to hear your opinions once you've had time to get to use it. Please let us know what you think. Particularly with regard to the DVR functionality

I will most certainly do that.

One thing that concerns me about the screen is its (relatively) slow response time of 16ms. I'd expect at least 12ms these days.

Thats way too technical for me I'm afraid. :confused:

Does that mean my opinions wont be as valuable? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Response time gives an indication of how long it takes the individual pixels that make up the screen to change from one colour to another. A fast response time means less ghosting and smearing. 16ms is good but 12ms is better.

And no, you don't have to be a geek to give a valid opinion. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Okay. I've learned something tonight. :o

I was attracted to the one box solution. A fancy, flashy flat panel widescreen idtv with easy recording facility, one remote control, no stack of boxes and no forest of cables. :D:D

I'll let y'all know how I get on.
  • Options
    TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    what's the damage going to be?
    Never mind(just discovered it's £1,448.99),it's beyond my budget.
    Better get saving those pennies.
    If you want to check it out:
    http://www.flash.co.uk/content/products/details/html/HUM-LGB32TPVR.htm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like a nice television set.

I think the new Samsung slimline CRT tubes will be selling well later this year, and will rival LCD and plasma.

B&O are using this new Samsung slimline tube, and apparently the demand is outstripping the supply according to a recent Technology Show on BBC News 24 :D
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some thing of a major product me thinks!

Dave
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    This looks good. Wonder if any other companies will be doing something similar. Might have to empty the bank account on this one.

The spec sheet at empire says its got 3 scarts and usb. Thats better than most normal tv's.

RMCBOYLE - let us know how it is soon!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RMCBOYLE - let us know how it is soon!!!!!!!!!!

I will bobbyk, I will!!! :D
    I just have to go through the agony of waiting for that delivery van first, :cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For those of you looking for more of a taster, try here. (11.4MB) :yawn:

http://www.humaxdigital.com/GLOBAL/DTVDEMO/final_eng.asf :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Finally a company which has stuck its neck out and brought out a product which looks really good and has lots of fuctionallity plus the added benefit of being future proof..... eg HDTV and the option of adding an external HDD. Also a nice litttle surprise for me was you can use the internal HDD to record from an external source, like sky or cable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Guys and gals check out the link from rmcboyle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Looks very nice. Wonder if you can play back one recording while watching another. Something that you can not do with the current 8000T.
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm also interested in where the CAM comes into everything. I know it wil have to have a CAM slot (by EU law), but will this be active, and will you be able to record TUTV? I wonder if it'll have as much flexability in TUTV recording as the Topfield.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm also interested in where the CAM comes into everything. I know it wil have to have a CAM slot (by EU law), but will this be active, and will you be able to record TUTV? I wonder if it'll have as much flexability in TUTV recording as the Topfield.

I'll try to answer that russellelly just as soon as it arrives. I took out a TUTV subscription today. When both Humax TV and TUTV card arrive, I'll let you know how things go.

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    079700 wrote:

Does any analogue recorder have twin tuners ? NO :D

Yes but my Analogue TV has one Tuner and my Analogue VCR has another Tuner - that makes 2 tuners so I can record 1 channel and watch another channel at the same time.
  • Options
    TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    TV DUNIYA wrote:
    what's the damage going to be?
    Never mind(just discovered it's £1,448.99),it's beyond my budget.
    Better get saving those pennies.
    If you want to check it out:
    http://www.flash.co.uk/content/products/details/html/HUM-LGB32TPVR.htm

1,448.99 in the Spring...

New products launched in the spring usually drop in price by third before Christmas = 999.00.

Just neeed to save 125.00 per month until then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised that given that the 8000T now has a 80GB disc and that 40Gb discs are probably getting difficult to source that it wasn't launched from scratch with an 80GB disc.
  • Options
    D-J-SD-J-S Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No CAM slot for TUTV viewing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    D_Steele wrote:
    No CAM slot for TUTV viewing?

As under EU law every IDTV has to have a CAM slot I would be very surprised indeed if it did not. Certainly their small LCD Freeview Tv does.