Nickelodeon Germany to replace MTV2POP!

Comments

• 81westley81westley Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    MTV2Pop is to be replaced on all platforms.

mill9 wrote:
    So is MTV Pop closing or being replaced on the digital platform? I don't use analogue satellite any more. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    MTV2 Pop will be closed,but from spring this year we can see the MTV package(MTV2,MTV Base,MTV Hits usw.) on ASTRA too.
    Now we can only have it if we have cable TV and there are only 3 pay-TV programmes of MTV: MTV Hits,MTV Dance and VH1 Classic.
  • SchnuffiSchnuffi Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    I wondered how long something like this would take MTV bought the VIVA
    channels. But I thought they would close down one of the VIVA Channels
    instead. I think MTV Pop is much better then VIVA.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    What will the MTV Package be FTA I cant stand those MTV UK Channels I will stick with the Mcms.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    mod1111 wrote:
    What will the MTV Package be FTA I cant stand those MTV UK Channels I will stick with the Mcms.
    We've that MTV Package on Canal Digitaal, but I don't like those MTV channels... I don't they'll be FTA. We have to pay for it.
    Forum Member
    I don't think so. And: I'm sure that most of the channels in that package will be the UK ones: MTV Dance, MTV hits, VH1...
    mod1111 wrote:
  • North_Sea FMNorth_Sea FM Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you say Astra, do you mean Astra 2 @ 28E, or Astra @ 19.2E ?

It seems on Astra 19.2 I will loose MTV2 POP next month, however I have noticed a new retro music channel 'Deluxe Music' on 19.2.

MTV Central is a waste of space, all they show is American teen programs like 'pimp my ride' & room raiders. I don't see many actual pop music videos on there at all, how crap!

Will MTV2 POP ever be coming back FTA on Astra ???
    Forum Member
    Astra 19.2 E.
    I don't think that MTV2POP will come back as they transform it now into Nick. It's more likely that the above mentioned MTV package will come to Astra 19.2, so MTV will sell UK channels throughout Europe...

When you say Astra, do you mean Astra 2 @ 28E, or Astra @ 19.2E ?

It seems on Astra 19.2 I will loose MTV2 POP next month, however I have noticed a new retro music channel 'Deluxe Music' on 19.2.

MTV Central is a waste of space, all they show is American teen programs like 'pimp my ride' & room raiders. I don't see many actual pop music videos on there at all, how crap!

Will MTV2 POP ever be coming back FTA on Astra ???
  • FraserGJFraserGJ Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes I've noticed Deluxe Music also - it only launched recently as far as I know - You can watch online as well www.deluxemusic.tv (english version of website avaliable)

I shall miss MTV2POP because it has a great style of programming and great simple graphics etc. Lots of retro music etc as well

MTV Central does play back to back music overnight, don't forget VIVA and VIVA Plus - they play a fair amount of music as well :)
  • jobbie8jobbie8 Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    81westley wrote:
    ....It's more likely that the above mentioned MTV package will come to Astra 19.2, so MTV will sell UK channels throughout Europe...

So europe will get the UK channels, but didnt they (MTV) want each country to have its own version?
    Does the US have the same(ish) channels?
    Forum Member
    Europe has got the UK channels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The MTV package is ALREADY available on 19.2E and has been for many many months. I had been watching Base and Hits on my Technomate until quite recently when something changed. :rolleyes:
  • North_Sea FMNorth_Sea FM Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJjay18 wrote:
    The MTV package is ALREADY available on 19.2E and has been for many many months. I had been watching Base and Hits on my Technomate until quite recently when something changed. :rolleyes:

But sadly this MTV package is not FTA. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    That MTV Package doesn't show any good music! MTVPOP2 shows a lot good music. We don't need another Nickelodeon, and especially no German one.
    Forum Member
    That MTV Package doesn't show any good music! MTVPOP2 shows a lot good music. We don't need another Nickelodeon, and especially no German one.

MTV2 Pop shows the same music as VIVA and there are Deluxe Music,gotv too if you want to watch music videos.

NICK is my favourite TV station,so I don't want to miss it longer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    i watch VIVA thru WMP10...

mms://193.159.244.28/live/viva1tv/adsl
    Forum Member
    I find the quality of the MTV UK channel package isnt as good compared to MTV2POP. I hope that MTV Dance doesnt come to 19e.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Hi.

Im new here.
    And i'm from Germany too, like "German-Nickfan". So I hope, you'll understand my English.
    MTV 2 POP is a good music channel, but "Cathy" Mühlemann is now the boss of the VIVA Media AG.
    VIVA lost the old german tradition.
    MTV 2 POP dies, because now they don't need a good channel for killing VIVA.
    But on MTV they will play more music.
    The next weeks they will play music from 5:10-5:30pm and 8:00-8:50 pm too!
    The rest is the same. 1:00am-1:50pm! and TRL from 4pm to 5pm.
    I'll hope that the news will be right. That will be thy right way.
    Forum Member
    Hi.

But on MTV they will play more music.
    The next weeks they will play music from 5:10-5:30pm and 8:00-8:50 pm too!
    The rest is the same. 1:00am-1:50pm! and TRL from 4pm to 5pm.
    I'll hope that the news will be right. That will be thy right way.

Lets hope they bring back the European DFC and some Hitlists shows. :) Looks like its going to be better then MTV Europe.
    Forum Member
    The Name of the music show should be: "Greatest Hits"
    Isn't it a VH-1 Clipshow name?

Edit:
    Here are some information about the tv programme
    http://www.tvinfo.de/exe.php3?target=senderlist.inc&showSenderID=46
  • wod1wod1 Posts: 6,152
    Forum Member
    how come they had to close mtv 2 pop as isn't there enough room on astra 19e ?

it was great mtv 2 pop as i used to get some music video rips of on to my pc
    Forum Member
    they don't need MTV2 POP anymore.
    They has started MTV 2 POP, to steal the viewers from VIVA.
    But now VIVA is a friend! MTV 2 POP which plays music 24 hours a day isn't good,.....Cathy says: When you will see music around the clock, you can use our pay-TV channes.
    MTV hits, MTV Base, MTV2, VH-1 and VH-1 classic.
    These channels we can buy here in germany as of autum!
  • wod1wod1 Posts: 6,152
    Forum Member
    quinny wrote:
    i watch VIVA thru WMP10...

mms://193.159.244.28/live/viva1tv/adsl

just tried it and it doesn't work
    Forum Member
    they don't need MTV2 POP anymore.
    Cathy says: When you will see music around the clock, you can use our pay-TV channes.
    MTV hits, MTV Base, MTV2, VH-1 and VH-1 classic.
    These channels we can buy here in germany as of autum!

No so no more european music and dance. MTV Hits is arwful compared to MTV POP. If Viva Plus doesnt go it isnt all over. MTV Hits UK might aswell be MTV Base they should put on MTV Hits Italy.
    Forum Member
    I have just found this clip of the old MTV2POP graphics set I dont know why they had to upgrade them they look pretty nice.