Doctor Who failed recording

cookieonecookieone Posts: 160
Forum Member
Hi,

First posting so be gentle.

Had the odd failed recording on my Amstrad box but this is a new one on me. Set Dr Who to record tonight and checked just after it started that it was actually recording. Switched over to another channel and then left the room. Came back twenty minutes later and not only was it not recording but the entire entry had vanished from the program planner. :confused:

Anyone else got this problem?

Cheers

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    nope still recording pal
  • OTWOTW Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Exactly the same here. No programmes on BBC1 or 2, the recording was missing from my planner.

I'll have to tape the BBC3 repeat.
  • james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cookieone wrote:
    Hi,

First posting so be gentle.

Had the odd failed recording on my Amstrad box but this is a new one on me. Set Dr Who to record tonight and checked just after it started that it was actually recording. Switched over to another channel and then left the room. Came back twenty minutes later and not only was it not recording but the entire entry had vanished from the program planner. :confused:

Anyone else got this problem?

Cheers

At 19:20hrs my wife noticed that the record light was not on. Went to the planner to check, and then noticed that it had vanished from the planner completely. :mad:

Checked Digiguide to see when it was on again. Sunday night 19:00hrs.

Regards James
  • james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snap OTW, you beat me to it.

Nice cock up by the Beeb again.

Regards James
  • cookieonecookieone Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Cheers,

Nice to know I'm not the only one :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it dissappeard from my sky planner as well.
    Manually wouldnt start recording until after five minutes, said strictly dance fever was still on.
    Also the bbc messed up again at the beggining, they showed a clip from strictly dance fever and a clip from a drama series, why do they keep doing this?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here too, was recording nicely when it started - just checked now and there's no trace of it in the planner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    So what actually happened to snafu the recording? (Our Dr. Who recording failed as well)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Thank God! Hubby was convinced I'd deleted it by mistake and is sulking like a big baby. I guess we'll have to tolerate the annoying BBC3 DOG tomorrow. Humph.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just switched the telly on and found Dr Who was on, but it wasn't in the planner.

I noticed 2 weird things.

1. It had set a series link for next week.
    2. I was also recording Ant and Dec and when I tried to use A-Z listings, I was told that it was already recording two things.

So, I think that the box THOUGHT it was recording it!

When is the repeat on??

Jon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Same here. I even upgraded to Sky+ V2 box today from V1 box after 3 years.

Notice that I lost BBC1 (W. Midlands) and BBC2 listing guide and when Doctor Who started, I could not even record it and had to record it via BBC1 London channel 944.
    Also lost all the BBC1 programmes I added to the planner this Saturday.

I am glad it is not the new box.
    Forum Member
    My series link disappeared too as next week's isn't in there. Has this happened to anyone else? :mad:
  • JBlinkJBlink Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting - I thought I had deleted the series link by mistake!

Dr Who was on a series link and I checked at 7 minutes past to find it was not recording! Thought it was my f*** up but now I see it probably was not.

Being too stupid to find out for myself, when is the BBC3 repeat?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Checked it was in planner at around 6pm, noticed red light was on at 7:15 or so; sat down to watch it with the kids at 7:30, and it wasn't in the planner at all. Red light still on, no series link for next episode set.

Cheers BBC.
    Forum Member
    BBC3 tomorrow at 7pm. I'll watch it 'live' in case Sky's gremlins are at work again!
  • RagnarokRagnarok Posts: 4,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just sat down to watch some telly and noticed it had vanished from my planner too.
  • corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching it start and wondered why it not show as recording, tried to press record but no joy as the BBC1 and 2 liisting were missing.

Was forced to watch it
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    I too set up my A,strad to record Doctor Who, I got in from the garage to discover it had not started recording, and this was at 7:15. I pressed the record button to try and forced it to record the rest of the program, but looked at the tv guide afterwards and it said "failed"

I know some of you had trouble with last weeks episode. I think this is strange. Does anyone think the BBC have told sky to send out some sort of signal to prevent Sky+ users from recording this show?

My last recording of Doctor Who came out fine BTW.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Same here, checked at 2 minutes past 7 and it wasn't recording and it said no listings were available. Now I have to wait for tommorow. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Mine started recording late and is still in the planner, however it says on the info screen Missed Start.

Wish it would say why !

The next episode is also in there so looks like the series link is still in place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started 15 minites late here. I think it is some sort of ploy to make you buy the DVDs from them.
  • Dave 8o]Dave 8o] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had it in my planner, and the record light came on, but the recording I have starts about 14 minutes into the show, despite the fact the thing says it started at 7.00pm.

I have set the repeat episode, but that will have the bl**dy BBC Three logo on it.

Fantastic. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Dave wrote:
    ']I have set the repeat episode, but that will have the bl**dy BBC Three logo on it.

And a lower bitrate :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It started recording on mine but a few minutes into it I happened to be looking at the planner and saw it had vanished. I went to the EPG and discovered BBC1 and BBC2 data had vanished and been replaced with 'Searching for listing' although every other channel in the EPG was fine.

Data for later in the week was there though?!

Didn't think to check other BBC areas but it certainly affected BBC West Midlands.

It had resolved itself about 5 mins later but that was enough to have already made it worth not recording. Roll on BBC3 tomorrow!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine failed too, started recording as i notcied the front light was on at about 2 mins to 7 but looked again at 7:15 and the light had gone out.